I have a dumb question: I will have a Z 10 in my hands within 36 hours. All of the advice and tips are great, BUT, should I log into my BBID on the new Z 10 first, and then do a switch from my bold on the 9930, or should I do the switch first, and then log into my BBID on the Z10? I must have missed that,
    03-27-13 07:31 AM
    when i did the switch, i got the new 4glte sim card to put into my new z10. but i didnt put in my memory card from my 9900 yet. i booted up the z10, and did all the set up stuff. and i dont really remember exactly what it did, but the setup allows you to recover all your BBM information like contacts and stuff. then after i put in my memory card. i have everything recovered. i have most of my contacts.. idk thats what i did. that probably doesnt answer your question, its just i never do the device switch thing. logging into BBID is one of the fist things you have to do during set up too
    SemperFi1127 likes this.
    03-27-13 07:40 AM
    Depends on what you want to do. If you want to use your old ? id you must login before you switch your device then connect it to your ? link on your PC. The link will then guide you to switch your device.
    If you use a new ? id, then you must start the device from scratch. Adding contact again etc...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:07 AM
    Btw the ? Sign is actually my Autotext for BlackBerry symbol. Which obviously is not supported here on CB LoL

Posted via CB10
    SemperFi1127 likes this.
    03-27-13 08:08 AM
    One thing I would recommend is
    With the link software, DONT start any device switch functions until you have both devices in your hands. A mistake I made before I got the zed.

Posted via CB10
    SemperFi1127 likes this.
    03-27-13 08:28 AM
    Finally got the Z10. Switch went pretty well; thanks to everyone for the advice. Only glitch I noticed is that my sms messages didn't copy from my 9930 to my Z10. Thought about doing another switch, but not sure how that would effect other changes I've already made...
    03-29-13 07:24 AM
    Weird, all my text message got switched... my old device is totally empty

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 11:53 PM
    Not sure why mine didn't. I am keeping the old device as a backup, so I still have access to them, just would have liked them to move over. I'm not sure if there's any way to still do that without screwing up the recent activity on the Z10. Great phone, though. Definitely worth the switch!!!
    03-30-13 09:41 AM
    Set up your Z10 first with your BlackBerry ID then bluetooth your contacts to your Z10. Then set up your email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and so on. Then taken then time go through your contacts and link them all together as you see fit because your Z10 will miss some. This is what I did, then when all that was done I linked all my music and old pictures from my old BlackBerry using BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:47 AM