Well let introduce my experience with the Z10:

-First be a user of android,IOS and also BB9900..
    -Live in China/HK for almost 5 years >>> expat
    - Working in luxury spirits industry

I bought the phone:
    -To let BB have a chance to make it good at a 3rd place
    -Have a new fresh OS
    -Be like all you you, the tester of this OS until it grows fast and give something BIG
    -Because BB had always in my mind an image of SMART SIMPLE and CLASS style

After my time of use,

What i like:

1-Smooth and fast OS
    2-APN
    3-Contacts ( How it works )
    4-Nice phone for work purpose ( emails,msgs,notification)
    5-The AMAZING KEYBOARD!
    6-Music sounds nice clear i like it. (audiophile inside)

What i dislike:

1-Lack of apps ( but we all know it will take time to see must have apps come to BB)

My needs :
    -A good GPS for China&HK
    -Wechat >>> Soon coming with a native app
    -Skype >>> i communicate a lot with it
    -FlipBoard >>> Best app for news
    -Tapatalk >>> cause i like go to forums
    -Line >>> nice chat app for asia ( Japan, Taiwan, ...)
    -KakaoTalk >>> for Korea
    -Camcard >>> picture business card and directly save contact in your phone !
    -Spotify >>> on business trip always nice to listen music

i will be patient as all of you guys and see my dreams come true.

2-Sofware update

To say i have the STL100-2.
    Get the update 10.0.10.90 need to all erase and do a RECHARGE TERMINAL to get it..
    i dont't have a european SIM so it's a real pain in the ***

3-No software update = can't get apps
    Yes i cannot get BB travel and i don't know why? say my phone is not compatible with the apps..
    Same for Whatsapp when i didn't do the update..
    If in the future need to erase all my phone to get update well kinda NOT GOOD AT ALL, TIME LOST!
    i will try to get a SIM from France, HK as they sell the device soon.

Well i think in the future we will get all those stuff need patience and then i think i will really really LOVE that device!

if got any news or advices let me know !
    03-27-13 03:43 AM
    That seems to be everyone's only main complaint, lack of apps. A minor set back IMO.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 03:59 AM
    That seems to be everyone's only main complaint, lack of apps. A minor set back IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Everyone comments on such an amazing phone it is in several lines, then the thread gets stretched out and prolonged because they are writing and finding different ways to say that some apps are missing.
    We get it. Some apps are missing, and if you're judging the quality and amazingness of the phone based on apps, then I think you're missing the point.

Apps are coming in daily. So hopefully soon enough everyone will get whatever apps they want

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter and ErinnM like this.
    03-27-13 04:37 AM
    My needs :
    -A good GPS for China&HK
    -Wechat >>> Soon coming with a native app
    -Skype >>> i communicate a lot with it
    -FlipBoard >>> Best app for news
    -Tapatalk >>> cause i like go to forums
    -Line >>> nice chat app for asia ( Japan, Taiwan, ...)
    -KakaoTalk >>> for Korea
    -Camcard >>> picture business card and directly save contact in your phone !
    -Spotify >>> on business trip always nice to listen music
    I think a Nokia Lumia WP8 device would be a better fit for your needs Nokia Maps/Drive are amazing navigation apps for China and HK. The mapping is pretty much up to date and the full offline capability is indispensable because large data quotas aren't common there.
    03-27-13 04:55 AM
    It is a brand new platform and it is already this nice! Has a great foundation! So in time everything will continue to grow and satisfy our needs! The Z10 has already solved so many issues with previous BB Devices and will continue to get better! Apps are on the way!!!
    TheQuietRioter and ErinnM like this.
    03-27-13 05:01 AM
    No way I'm gonna give MS my money left the board on their Vista and never look back after...

No i can sideload them almost all of them for the moment, wish the sideload for 4.0 will come soon also hehe

Actually i got two phone , personal/work so if i miss something i will find it on my other one that ok..

APPS WILL COME !

but just worried by software upgrade... Need find a solution
    03-27-13 05:03 AM
    I was told you can update by removing your sim card and update the software via BlackBerry link online.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:52 AM
    Did the PS3 have a million games when it first launched? No. Same scenario. New device, new OS, new product -period. It takes time to get companies to develop software for your new hardware. Have patience.
    03-27-13 05:50 PM
    The lack of apps - chicken and egg problem. There needs to be a critical mass to justify the development of some apps. Go convert more friends to buy the Z10, I say!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 05:54 PM
    apps.goodereader.com is a good site to get your sideloads, and there are another couple of threads around with working bar failes too

Glad to have you onboard! Remember to spread the Z-word!
    03-27-13 06:29 PM
    BlackBerry Travel is currently available only in the UK Canada and the USA. Don't know the reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:54 PM
    I'm an apple freak . . have every device since iphone1. Even work environment is mac. BUT I left iphone for this device AND I LOVE IT. JUST MISSED MY BB9000 and really need BlackBerry back in my life. Can't wait to see them resurrect and kick all the competitors out of the water. The apps will come...and I'm ready for the ride.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-27-13 07:03 PM
    Of course i will fo my best to spread the Z10 first to my company people who use their old BB bold but also friends who are in love with their iPhone/Android hehe!
    But some will need to see some strong 3 rd tier app coming and doesnt want to bother with just android port ... Wait and see but when you finish to configure all your stuff in the phone it is just as i want things done !

Use it more and more and iphone still in my work bag just connect for small things!

Here in China / HK they all use Iphone of GS3 / note 2 so when they will watch my phone i will be their Messy!

Will try to get more info soon in HK and get to give some feedback to crackberry users!ASAP

But also i love the community in here very helpful with nice behavior
    03-28-13 04:04 AM
    Geez, can someone not help him with the update problem? I realize the 'but what about the apps (sniffle sniffle)' threads are getting a little old, but do I understand the OP correctly? To upgrade the OS you have to wipe the phone? I assume you can the restore from backup? Surely you don't have to reconfigure everything?

Or is all that because of the SIM he's using?
    03-28-13 04:22 AM