What apps are absolute necessities on your Z10? For example, I am about to make the switch from my iPhone 4S to the Z10 sometime either this week or next week. I�ll switch regardless, but I really need Shazam, Spotify/Rdio, and a full Instagram version before I can feel comfortable with my phone. What apps are apps/games you HAVE TO GET on your Z10?

P.S. Does anyone know if any games in the Temple Run series are on Blackberry World? Those games are some of the best time killers known to man in my opinion.
    angelom44 likes this.
    03-26-13 02:44 PM
    Instagram, Rdio and Spotfy are all said to be under development. I too long for Shazam and hope it will be here sooner rather than later.

You can answer your questions of "what is available" yourself though, searching BlackBerry World doesn't even require a BBID. But I give you a honest warning: Don't expect to find everything you deem "must have" right now. The platform is very young and a score of big names are still waiting to see how the US market reacts to it before they commit.

Me? I could go for Shazam, Endomondo, Kobo, Zinio, Scrapbook, SugarSync, Wikititude, Audible and Skype, if they make it into the platform. But if they don't, I'm sure something will fill in the gap (that said, as I use my Z10, BOX is replacing SugarSync, FaceFlow may be just enough to easy the need for Skype and native coded Sports Tracker will be taking the place of Endomondo).
    03-26-13 02:51 PM
    Tbh I'm just waiting for Skype or Viber, need those to communicate with family overseas.

Wagwan.
    RazzBerry and pels_17 like this.
    03-26-13 02:52 PM
    Shazam has sent out mixed messages lately with their intentions for BB10. SoundHound, a Shazam like app with slightly more features, has commited to building a native app for BB10 and should be releasing "soon".

As of yet, there is no Temple Run game in the BlackBerry catalogue. There were some knock offs for BB OS7 and I think even the PlayBook available, but I haven't looked for anything lately for BB10. That isn't to say that there isn't great "time killer" games available, just not Temple Run.

To be honest, I'm surprised that Scrapbook has been made available yet I loved this app on my PlayBook and was looking forward to it on my Z10
    diegonei likes this.
    03-26-13 03:01 PM
    pandora, netflix, google maps,cross platform emoji support. jelly bean android run time
    03-26-13 03:06 PM
    CB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:08 PM
    I don't know if it's a necessity, but I'd sure like a good Call Blocker app.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-26-13 03:09 PM
    Skype, Google Maps, Nice fast weather application, battery monitor, data transfer monitor, storage manager.
    03-26-13 03:24 PM
    Skype, Google Maps, Nice fast weather application, battery monitor, data transfer monitor, storage manager.
    Storage Manager? The file manager app doubles as a storage manager, just let the active frame kick in. Data monitor, yeah, agreed.
    03-26-13 03:30 PM
    Skype and Instagram. I love sharing my photos.
    03-26-13 03:32 PM
    Top 4 Canadian bank apps:
    I do 95% of my banking through native apps. Simple, fast, focused, secure.

Google Maps:
    The quality and quantity of data is unmatched. Streetview is just this side of magic. Touch pretty much any place on a map and you can 360 degree view it from ground level. Their sat maps / aerial photos are class leading as well. Oh, and the turn by turn nav is sweet as well.

Not so much for vid conferencing (but if I went Z10 I would have to use that too), but for SkypeOut. I have 2 icons side by side. One is the regular phone. The other is Skype. They are equally convenient to make calls on. Even have SkypeOut set up to display my regular cell number so I don't get screened because of "unknown number�. I have a phone plan that is heavy on data and light on phone time. Matches my typical usage pattern. Occasionally though, I will have to spend a long time in a phone queue for eg tech support or a long long-distance call. Poke Skype instead of the regular phone icon. I think it is 2.7 cents a minute North America wide. Set to auto refill. Absolutely seamless and incredibly convenient.

A rock solid plain text editor:
    Must automatically cloud sync so I can start or modify a document on the phone / tablet / PC and pick up seamlessly on any of my other devices. This is crucial.
    -I have an idea. Start to bang it out on the phone. Get home and continue exactly where I left off on a larger device. No saving / logging out / logging in. It just needs to be where I need it.
    -I am out with my phone. Get a call. Need access to a text file I spent an hour on last night on my tablet. Open app and it is just there on my phone. Again must be zero effort.

Some sort of reliable, free cross platform messaging solution:
    -I have a proprietary solution that works extremely well supplemented with a small amount of SMS (100 per month).

Email:
    -Must be able to access multiple accounts (yahoo, google, apple) via push (sub 1 minute to receive), and access to all mail going back years. 30 days? No freaking way. When I search by email address, for example, I want to be able to access all correspondence no matter how old. I simply cannot understand how anyone could settle for 30 days. Of course any access, deleting on any device will automatically be reflected on all the devices. The particular piece of glass I am staring at should make absolutely no difference.

Contacts and calendars:
    -Instantly, seamlessly and effortlessly available across phone, tablet and PC. I enter something on the tablet at home in the evening, it is there the next day on my phone.

Other stuff too, but the above would make a trial of the Z10 worth considering.
    03-26-13 03:33 PM
    StarTracker...amazing astronomy app. I spent 400 on a star tracker unit three years ago. Two years ago they shove the app on a phone. Point tilt your phone into the night sky and you will easily find the planets, constellations, stars and their info. Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, Sirius....thousands can all be tracked down in the sky with a few key strokes. Really fun app for campers and rural folks.
    03-26-13 03:33 PM
    Skype and BeBuzz
    03-26-13 03:36 PM
    Google maps (like the iOS version), Skype, and Viber.

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    03-26-13 03:38 PM
    Shazam has sent out mixed messages lately with their intentions for BB10. SoundHound, a Shazam like app with slightly more features, has commited to building a native app for BB10 and should be releasing "soon".

As of yet, there is no Temple Run game in the BlackBerry catalogue. There were some knock offs for BB OS7 and I think even the PlayBook available, but I haven't looked for anything lately for BB10. That isn't to say that there isn't great "time killer" games available, just not Temple Run.

To be honest, I'm surprised that Scrapbook has been made available yet I loved this app on my PlayBook and was looking forward to it on my Z10
    You have a Built for Blackberry multimedia scrapbook at BB World, only $0.99 for limited time.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-89-a-786860/
    03-26-13 03:49 PM
    Storage Manager? The file manager app doubles as a storage manager, just let the active frame kick in. Data monitor, yeah, agreed.
    And Banking Apps with Mobile Deposit.. I forgot that.

Yes, Storage manager, but I should have said app storage manager, like which app uses how much storage, how much app space & storage space (like app takes 5mb, but stores 78MB data) similar to what Android has. Does BB10 even have "Applications" list anymore?
    03-26-13 03:55 PM
    Native Instagram. I'm a simple man.
    03-26-13 03:55 PM
    Only thing I need is a call blocking app.

Other than that.... the Android apps that I have side loaded do the trick as well.

So not a heck of a lot.. the phone is good
    03-26-13 03:59 PM
    Instagram. Native or port. Don't really care as long as it works. Right now I have the working side loaded version. TD bank app. Shazamm is a nice to have. Android version of Google maps. Though I have the side loaded version of that as well...

Temple run would be nice but I kind of got bored of it on Android after getting all of the power ups...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 04:04 PM
    InAndroid version of Google maps. Though I have the side loaded version of that as well...
    How is it working for you?
    03-26-13 04:06 PM
    the side loaded Google Map app works as it does on an Android!!

How is it working for you?
    03-26-13 04:09 PM
    oh...I know an app i must absolutely have....

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock!!!

DEVS!!!! GET ON THAT ONE
    Flexin and kozmo68 like this.
    03-26-13 04:10 PM
    Skype, bank app, Google maps, tapatalk (sadly not forthcoming), a separate Facebook chat app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-26-13 04:14 PM
    Mireo essential for.me
    Best satnav ever on any phone bar none
    Maybe cost 16quid after trial bit its worth it!!?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 04:18 PM
    shazam or something of sort. MyfitnessPal ... bank apps
    03-26-13 04:35 PM
66 123