So my friend is on sprint and is switching to a new carrier (hopefully) to get the z10. He wants either tmobile, att, or Verizon. I suggested tmobile as it is the cheapest, but is there an advantage? Is it really much cheaper? I told my friend to go with att, but tmobile is cheaper. And idk about Verizon. Some help guys? Thanks!
    03-26-13 11:47 AM
    I've read that AT&T charges more for using Bridge with the Playbook.

Also, the T-Mobile plan will not charge data overages. He might get his speed throttled if he goes beyond the plan limit, but no extra charges.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    03-26-13 12:35 PM
    I've read that AT&T charges more for using Bridge with the Playbook.

Also, the T-Mobile plan will not charge data overages. He might get his speed throttled if he goes beyond the plan limit, but no extra charges.
    And monthly plans, speeds, and coverage?
    03-26-13 12:53 PM

AT&T will be the fastest due to LTE, Verizon will be the best coverage, T-Mobile will be the best price hands down.
    Where are you (your friend) located?

T-Mobile vs AT&T should not matter too much if you are in a busy location, but at least my guess is battery life will be better with T-Mobile due to lack of LTE service at the moment.
    03-26-13 01:20 PM
    The T-Mobile Simple Choice plan will be cheaper than AT&T most basic monthly plan.

As far as coverage, your friend should ask his friends/co-workers how the coverage is where he is living.

For me, in Los Angeles, I have excellent coverage. Ironically, there is one dead spot for me on my drive to/from work when I am in a canyon area, but its very minor, and I know to expect it in that particular spot. Other than that, I never drop calls. Always have had good coverage when travelling to Miami, Seattle, Los Vegas, Atlanta, pretty good in cities.
    03-26-13 02:11 PM
    03-26-13 02:19 PM
    With their new type of plans, hope it applies to every phone, and when they will use that service, etc. It confuses me.
    03-26-13 11:33 PM
    Bridge uses bluetooth, so there is no extra charge, it is not like teathering, using your phone as a wifi hotspot.
    But sadly it is usually disabled by carrier.... With my 9700 I had to use a package from someone on another forum in order to get bridge working.
    03-27-13 10:22 AM
    To my surprise my new TMO Z10 grabs LTE in Kansas City areas. It is fairly spotty and I found that most of the time it is on 4G. So far all is good and I am glad I stick with them.

One note to the OP, I do a lot of international traveling and TMO BB International plan can't be beaten by AT&T and Verizon!

Additionally, once WiFi calling is enable via OS update, it makes my international travel even sweeter as I can call to my team in the US without expensive roaming charges. I wish they didn't stop UMA - hardware base.

For example, can never get my 9810 to establish WiFi calling. But on my old 9700, I can just switch to WiFi only and once connected to the WiFi, I can make a call to US. This can't be done on software based device like 9810 and Z10.

Keep in mind that TMO doesn't have as good as reception as AT&T and Verizon in the US. TMO is the largest carrier worldwide if I am not mistaken. So their internal presence makes most business sense for me.

Cheers
    03-27-13 01:15 PM
    To my surprise my new TMO Z10 grabs LTE in Kansas City areas. It is fairly spotty and I found that most of the time it is on 4G. So far all is good and I am glad I stick with them.

One note to the OP, I do a lot of international traveling and TMO BB International plan can't be beaten by AT&T and Verizon!

Cheers
    And now they offer $10 unlimited international texting and unlimited international landline calling!
    03-27-13 03:36 PM
    And now they offer $10 unlimited international texting and unlimited international landline calling!
    Yep, and I am planning to look into which countries as this will surely benefit me. Though both international unlimited call and sms with this plan works only when you are in the US. When you are abroad, it is a different story. Only incoming SMS is free and unlimited.
    03-27-13 04:22 PM