I really think it's very simple. Blackberry does not have enough app support to compete with the other guys. And yes we are competing with the other guys. As an avid user of a BB and having used one since 2006 it fair to say that I am very familiar with the product. Our phones are much more than just a tool for answering emails. It's a tool to make us more efficient. Apps allow us to do this. So unless we can get some of the more popular apps to BB Z10 they will have a tough road ahead. Just my two cents.
    03-26-13 10:30 AM
    Have a talk with the developers.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:46 AM
    That app-gap is shrinking fast. There's only a handful apps that are really missing. Most will eventually be here.
    03-26-13 10:47 AM
    Joski what does that mean
    03-26-13 10:54 AM
    The app gap is shrinking relatively fast
    03-26-13 10:55 AM
    What are these "apps" things you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    DTrain291 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:58 AM
    As I've said before, BlackBerry has already done their part. They have brought a wonderful OS and phone to the table. The ball is now in the developers court.

We all know the apps are lacking. BlackBerry can't hold a gun to the developers head and make them code for them.

It is now up to the developers to, you know....develope.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:00 AM
    Thanks for bringing this to the forefront. No one has brought it up before.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:05 AM
    nice post... i completely agree but also think that having last years technology in a phone will also be a factor in the downfall... the processor speeds compares to the s3... too bad the S4 is coming out in a few weeks.. Apple's Iphone 5S/6 (whatever they end up calling it) smart bezel will blow away the blackberry 10 series in the late summer...
    03-26-13 11:11 AM
    This again?

Seriously?

Please list the apps you desperately need in your life to make your mobile experience and life so much more compelling.

I really think it's very simple. Blackberry does not have enough app support to compete with the other guys. And yes we are competing with the other guys. As an avid user of a BB and having used one since 2006 it fair to say that I am very familiar with the product. Our phones are much more than just a tool for answering emails. It's a tool to make us more efficient. Apps allow us to do this. So unless we can get some of the more popular apps to BB Z10 they will have a tough road ahead. Just my two cents.
    03-26-13 11:14 AM
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

last years specs!!!!!!

this thread is making me laugh........ apps and spec war...

you guys are not in the right area for this conversation. as its been said before the spec wars only really apply to the Androids and iOS devices.. the Z10 and BB10 are optimized to use what the specifications are for this phone.

nice post... i completely agree but also think that having last years technology in a phone will also be a factor in the downfall... the processor speeds compares to the s3... too bad the S4 is coming out in a few weeks.. Apple's Iphone 5S/6 (whatever they end up calling it) smart bezel will blow away the blackberry 10 series in the late summer...
    SDTRMG, Spawn12 and vagos2006 like this.
    03-26-13 11:16 AM
    Well, that's it then! BBRY is just done for! Anyhoo, the smart Bezel is a cool gimmick, but it is not going to be a determining or even big factor in the mobile phone wars.
    03-26-13 11:17 AM
    Blackberry has over 100,000 apps. I dare you to download and install all of them on your phone. What do you mean they don't have enough, I don't know about you guys but I may use 10 to 20 apps at the most. Guess that leaves 99,980 more

I am 50 so if I live to be 75 that means 99,980 / 25years /365 days leaves me 10.9 apps a day to try out. I guess if you look at it that way it isn't many .
    SDTRMG, scorepion, R Field and 1 others like this.
    03-26-13 11:18 AM
    This again?

Seriously?

Please list the apps you desperately need in your life to make your mobile experience and life so much more compelling.
    Stolen from another of my posts

I miss my banking app so I can check my balances.
    I miss my games from Android especially Football Manager.
    I miss Skype.
    I miss functional and reliable WhatsApp.
    I miss my Xbox controller app.
    I really miss Google+ for the photo and video sharing.
    I miss the Gmail app for true mail search, not limited to 30 days, for a professional that's a major handicap.
    I miss an app with push alerts for sports scores including soccer across all divisions.
    I miss the rugby fixtures app I had from Android.
    I miss my American Express app.
    I miss Google Maps for transit directions.
    I miss TuneIn Radio Pro so I can record shows for when I'm out of signal or away from Wifi.
    03-26-13 11:18 AM
    LOL!
    SDTRMG and Sexy Sadie like this.
    03-26-13 11:19 AM
    Blackberry has over 100,000 apps. I dare you to download and install all of them on your phone. What do you mean they don't have enough, I don't know about you guys but I may use 10 to 20 apps at the most. Guess that leaves 99,980 more

I am 50 so if I live to be 75 that means 99,980 / 25years /365 days leaves me 10.9 apps a day to try out. I guess if you look at it that way it isn't many .
    I love BBRY, but I have to admit that at least 90% of the apps are a complete joke. I am not sure how many apps are crappy on the Google and iPhone sites, but for PlayBook most of the apps aren't even a consideration for me.

That said, BB10 will have all the apps that I want or need when I finally get it. I want Skype and I will have it!
    bobauckland, BergerKing and Fnen90 like this.
    03-26-13 11:22 AM
    The phone has been out 2 months. More are to come. This isn't the end of apps.
    03-26-13 11:24 AM
    That app-gap is shrinking fast. There's only a handful apps that are really missing. Most will eventually be here.
    Really?...only a handful?
    03-26-13 11:25 AM
    I agree with the OP. Hopefully there will be more quality apps coming soon.
    03-26-13 11:28 AM
    If they weren't addding so many everyday and didn't have commitment fromt he major ones, I would be concerned. I think thou BB10 is starting off well, and getting healthier by the day.

BB can't take their foot off the gas to get these apps, or I agree, BB10 will struggle. Otherwise I would say patience grasshopper
    03-26-13 11:30 AM
    You then type of person android or Ms need, because you think processing power actually matters, well it doesn't unless you have a power hungry os like Android on your phone. As much as people say yesterday's hardware, it won't make it true, especially when there releasing a flagship with higher specs layer this year. The z10 is a mid range device, not there high end.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:32 AM
    I consider myself after 6+ years to be a diehard BlackBerry fan/user, and I was once under the impression that "apps" were not really that important. I WAS WRONG.......for certain things "apps" are VERY important and it seems as though BlackBerry (RIM) has been promising "apps" for years without following thru. I like BlackBerry and I will be getting the Z10, but I'm not holding my breath for "APPS"
    03-26-13 11:37 AM
    I only needed to side load one app for public transport schedules and route planning.

Coming from Android I was also concerned about the number of apps but now that I have the Z10 I don't miss them and I would not change back, even through I have a pebble smart watch that is currently not supported on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-26-13 11:39 AM
    Stolen from another of my posts

I miss my banking app so I can check my balances.
    I miss my games from Android especially Football Manager.
    I miss Skype.
    I miss functional and reliable WhatsApp.
    I miss my Xbox controller app.
    I really miss Google+ for the photo and video sharing.
    I miss the Gmail app for true mail search, not limited to 30 days, for a professional that's a major handicap.
    I miss an app with push alerts for sports scores including soccer across all divisions.
    I miss the rugby fixtures app I had from Android.
    I miss my American Express app.
    I miss Google Maps for transit directions.
    I miss TuneIn Radio Pro so I can record shows for when I'm out of signal or away from Wifi.
    Well you clearly left android knowing these apps wouldn't be on the z10, as it's been known to everybody for a long time, and just because bb10 doesn't have the apps or games you use doesn't mean it will fail. I came to the z10 from a brand new iPhone 5X after being with ios for 4 years, I know the switch I was making and was ok with it, apps will come in time, but the z10 is a superior os to the iPhone.

I suggest you go back to android and leave the crackberry threads, cause I'm sure your just trolling.

Posted via CB10
    buwee, fast666, trynacu2 and 4 others like this.
    03-26-13 11:41 AM
    In other news the sky is blue and water is wet.

Keep your change.

-Chris-
    SDTRMG and frifred like this.
    03-26-13 11:42 AM
460 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD