Not sure which one of these apps is the culprit as I installed them both at the same time but one of them (or possibly both of them) are killing my battery life.

With light usage my battery has dropped to 50% from full charge in 3.5 hours. I have now uninstalled both of them and the battery is lasting a bit longer but thought that I would let you know to see if you guys were suffering the same issues.

My Z10 is running 10.0.10.90 and is a STL100-2.

I like the phone and will be peservering with it, but with issues like this and the fact that it doesn't talk to my Parrot bluetooth car kit it's getting a little annoying at times.
    03-26-13 05:42 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Not sure which one of these apps is the culprit as I installed them both at the same time but one of them (or possibly both of them) are killing my battery life.

With light usage my battery has dropped to 50% from full charge in 3.5 hours. I have now uninstalled both of them and the battery is lasting a bit longer but thought that I would let you know to see if you guys were suffering the same issues.

My Z10 is running 10.0.10.90 and is a STL100-2.

I like the phone and will be peservering with it, but with issues like this and the fact that it doesn't talk to my Parrot bluetooth car kit it's getting a little annoying at times.
    try doing a full backup using desktop Blackberry Link followed by a full Restore using Blackberry Link .. this has worked for me and RIM tech support told me about this ...
    03-26-13 05:47 AM
    Ok, thanks.

Have just noticed that there is already a thread running on BlackBerry Travel and battery drain, looks like it is something to do with auto scanning of emails and gps use.

Thanks anyway.

Still peeved about it not being backward compatible with bluetooth, RIM why???
    03-26-13 05:50 AM
    Ebay has lots of notifications that will run in background. Turn them off in settings

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:47 AM
    I have just experienced the same thing also after ebay. It is really frustrating please let me know if you figure out a way to resolve this issue. Battery drains like crazy now

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:53 AM
    I found some issues with them as we'll and my USA Today news would not load. I deleted USA Today then went through all the permissions and turned off GPS, but left "location" on. Battery life seemed to improve drastically. The only apps that need GPS I think are the maps. Good luck.
    03-26-13 07:05 AM
    I installed ebay, and found heavy battery drain, and that was the only app I installed, I un installed it and today my battery is fine, so it's most certainly the ported ebay app, I use ebay alot, but I will wait on an up date, before trying it again.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:39 AM
    Happy to see others suffered problems after installing ebay..

In my case even in flight mode battery drained too much...

I already uninstalled it of course.. a pity for ebay..
    03-26-13 09:58 AM
    ...as already noted if you turn off notifications in the app setting you shouldn't have a battery problem with the app. I've had the same exact issue from the first day I side-loaded the app on my playbook. The App is a battery hog constantly searching for updates to items being watched, buying selling activity. When you turn notifications off, it clears the issue.
    03-26-13 10:17 AM
    Ok got to the bottom of it. Man I was going crazy. It is definitely the stupid ebay ported app. Deleted and did a restart and all is normal now. I was going crazy

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:22 AM
    The eBay app is certainly a likely cause of sudden decrease. I installed it, battery suffered horribly for a day. Uninstalled it, everything's back to normal. I'll be using the mobile web version until a native eBay app arrives.
    03-26-13 10:26 AM
    Yeah it's definitely the eBay app! It killed my battery, deleted it and my battery is better than what it was yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:31 AM
    I also deleted the ebay app for the very same reason.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    03-26-13 04:02 PM
    There's several threads of the BB Travel trip scanning battery life issue already.
    03-26-13 04:27 PM
    Other posts are suggesting its BlackBerry travel
    Turn off the auto scan emails.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 01:44 AM
    I'm noticing that BlackBerry travel is really effecting the battery in my Z10. Not noticing much usage increase with the ebay app.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 02:27 AM
    Had both installed, could not go through the day.... 8hrs +/-.. Even in the pouch with batt save tech!! Also found the case and phone warm all the time, like the processor is constant working..
    Deleted both the apps and start all over.. hope this is the problem. man I love this phone and OS.....
    04-12-13 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD