People seriously need to watch this. This "professional" reporter says that the Z10 will fail in the US, because he was in a Verizon store and nobody was buying one. Unless he has a time machine and went into the future and came back, somebody needs to tell this clown that Verizon hasn't started selling the Z10 yet.

Is the Best to Come From Blackberry? - CNBC

* about 0:25 into the video.
    03-26-13 02:43 AM
    I watched that and could only shake my head. I hope for Z10 to make such roaring sales and for the peeps in the US to go tell this guy off for his bias reporting. Shame on him. Big time.
    03-26-13 02:46 AM
    Television news only exists to sell commercial time and push political agendas on an ignorant public.You're better off simply not watching it, and getting your information from less biased sources. Alas, those dwindle by the day.
    03-26-13 03:36 AM
    Somebody got cut a check from Apple/Samsung I swear....too many BS stories by the US media even though I want to believe otherwise and just pass it off as them being ignorant.
    modifier and ErinnM like this.
    03-26-13 03:43 AM
    This is the age of Twitter. Call them out on it.
    03-26-13 03:54 AM
    Then they'll just say OOPS WE MADE A SMALL ERROR, NEVER MIND after the damage is done and nothing will happen to the people who made crap up to spin their own agendas.
    kolok likes this.
    03-26-13 04:03 AM
    I think CNBC is just jealous that the Z10 was not in the US first.

Another reason could be Blackberry is not a US company so it is "not doing well"
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-26-13 04:21 AM
    Was this a serious report? I thought it was a parody of some sort? This is nothing short of the news version of the National Enquirer. I have faith that our American brothers and sisters will watch this report and laugh their a$$e$ off!!!!!

The ZED-10 will be a hit in the US...wait until it hits Verizon.
    03-26-13 04:31 AM
    It�s unbelivable!!! Hard to understand for me that somebody can tell such a s**t!
    How is paying this advertisment campagne agianst Blackberry? Apple/Windows/Samsung/ HTC/ Nokia ? all together ?

I don�t belive that the z10 will change everything. But it�s a beginning and I think that Blackberry will make money with the Z10 and Q 10 ! Because the Z10 is a fantastic produt. I showed the smartephone some of my friends in Germany and the response is quit good. So it�s not that bad.... it might have not the best hardware in the market but it�s new and works absolutly different.
    03-26-13 04:44 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    CNBC .. I would not trust them to park my car! lol ... misinformed and with hidden agendas ... if not outright incompetent ... very .... unprofessional ...
    Acumenight and ErinnM like this.
    03-26-13 05:20 AM
    wow he went into a Verizon store and no one was buying it.. uhhh did i miss when Verizon started sell the z10 i didn't think it was out yet... maybe that's why no one was buying it... you monkeys a@@s..... way to spin your story in you favour..thats as good as the bb fails the cesg test.. oh wait it hasn't been tested yet...
    ErinnM and Neely2005 like this.
    03-26-13 05:27 AM
    I say throw this reporter to the dogs ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:27 AM
    I don't take stock in what analysis say this early in the game. Its only been a week and one US carrier selling the Z10 so far. They need to wait and see what sales are in 90 day after all carriers launch the Z10. With Blackberry 10 being a fresh OS on the market it will take a while for the word to get out. As long as Blackberry fixes the few bugs the Z10 has and gets the Apps people want then it will become a huge success.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    Thunderbuck and TrueKulcha like this.
    03-26-13 05:29 AM
    Sorry to say but, the US is a joke. From the media to mindless MAJORITY of consumers taking in all the misinformation. Truth hurts but I stand by my statement.
    03-26-13 10:14 AM
    Was this a serious report? I thought it was a parody of some sort? This is nothing short of the news version of the National Enquirer. I have faith that our American brothers and sisters will watch this report and laugh their a$$e$ off!!!!!

The ZED-10 will be a hit in the US...wait until it hits Verizon.
    Faith is nice, but you know that won't happen. The past 2 years has proven that.
    03-26-13 10:17 AM
    problem is people will lap this crap up ...... tell me again how there is no hidden agenda and it's all in our heads? Such great response EVERYWHERE else but the US ..... Huuum

As my father always says...."how can you be right, and everyone else be wrong?"
    03-26-13 10:18 AM
    I don't take stock in what analysis say this early in the game. Its only been a week and one US carrier selling the Z10 so far. They need to wait and see what sales are in 90 day after all carriers launch the Z10. With Blackberry 10 being a fresh OS on the market it will take a while for the word to get out. As long as Blackberry fixes the few bugs the Z10 has and gets the Apps people want then it will become a huge success.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    but don't you understand that this is the word! This affects sales big time. This is the exact reason why BlackBerry has been doing so poorly in the US the past two years compared to other countries. I have no faith that the product will prove itself over time. It's simply not enough in this market to have a good product with the name BlackBerry on it.
    03-26-13 10:20 AM
    You all know that Apple contributes millions to the Democratic party. According to Apple Computer - Money,Politics,Campaign Contributions,Apple Computer 68% of the contributions go to Democrats. Do you assume that has anything to do with CNBC's pro-Apple "reporting"?
    03-26-13 10:25 AM
    anyone have this guys twitter handle?
    Neely2005 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:27 AM
    Sorry to say but, the US is a joke. From the media to mindless MAJORITY of consumers taking in all the misinformation. Truth hurts but I stand by my statement.
    Please go back to your basement, and don't attempt to communicate with the outside world again. Thanks.

Blackberry had serious issues earlier, and that is the cause of their misfortune. Why is the US the heaviest to criticize BB? There are many reasons.

- For one, most apps are made in the US, and the population has therefore become dependent on them more than any other country (actually, the same is true in Japan, Korea, and several other countries. Surprise: BB is doing even worse there than the US). Also, those app developers are usually more opinionated about their platform preference, and exhibit "fanboyism," making it harder for a new OS to sway their purchasing decision.

- Another reason is that the US is the home market of Google and Apple, and they launched there. That's why they have the biggest market share in the US., because they simply started there before anywhere else.

- Also, the US has a very competitive market (perhaps the most competitive) since every manufacturer wants to sell there. So when BB didn't release a phone for 2 years, everybody completely forgot the name BB, and it became associated with stagnation and "old school" which is why many people will not even give it a chance.
    ray689 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:36 AM
    but don't you understand that this is the word! This affects sales big time. This is the exact reason why BlackBerry has been doing so poorly in the US the past two years compared to other countries. I have no faith that the product will prove itself over time. It's simply not enough in this market to have a good product with the name BlackBerry on it.
    I believe the product has proved itself already the OS is like no other and its a dream to use! So there are some bugs and apps lacking otherwise its an awesome device. Personally I am waiting to purchase mine until certain apps and features are available.
    03-26-13 10:43 AM
    anyone have this guys twitter handle?
    @Michael_Khouw
    Neely2005 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:49 AM
    Please go back to your basement, and don't attempt to communicate with the outside world again. Thanks.

Blackberry had serious issues earlier, and that is the cause of their misfortune. Why is the US the heaviest to criticize BB? There are many reasons.

- For one, most apps are made in the US, and the population has therefore become dependent on them more than any other country (actually, the same is true in Japan, Korea, and several other countries. Surprise: BB is doing even worse there than the US). Also, those app developers are usually more opinionated about their platform preference, and exhibit "fanboyism," making it harder for a new OS to sway their purchasing decision.

- Another reason is that the US is the home market of Google and Apple, and they launched there. That's why they have the biggest market share in the US., because they simply started there before anywhere else.

- Also, the US has a very competitive market (perhaps the most competitive) since every manufacturer wants to sell there. So when BB didn't release a phone for 2 years, everybody completely forgot the name BB, and it became associated with stagnation and "old school" which is why many people will not even give it a chance.
    Some of what you said may be true however this still doesn't change the fact that the US media is a huge joke. The above report is equivalent to someone reporting they went to Ford dealership and no one bought a Ferrari hence Ferrari is in trouble. And one last thing, even though the US is the largest consumer of everything on earth, a company can still survive and even thrive without full US support.
    Last edited by ray689; 03-26-13 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Sent from my z10
    agp101 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:55 AM
    The US is not, nor will it ever be, the be-all/end-all. For BlackBerry, or absolutely anything.

My brother heard on CBC Radio last week that some analyst said BlackBerry was selling and accepting the first low bid? If anyone takes any "news" seriously anymore, all everyone will be doing is spreading around mis-information. Ah well!
    TrueKulcha and agp101 like this.
    03-26-13 10:56 AM
    But keep in mind shows like "FastMoney", they have 5 guys who talk about and argue 100's of stocks as if they are experts on all of them. To put it mildly, this is impossible. There is no way these guys can be knowledgeable about this many equities. This often shows. This is why they are useful for understanding market sentiment, but NOT for understanding the fundamentals of a stock.

Right now the "view" or sentiment on Blackberry is that they suck, and the US release has been a disaster. So it's confirmation bias all around, where people will look for some small bit of evidence to confirm that view, then report it. For example, walking into a VZ store, seeing no sales, then being like SEE! I KNEW IT! BLACKBERRY SUCKS! SELL SELL SELL!

This generally isn't as much of a problem with equity research analysts, who will be well researched and know what they are talking about (any one of them who said they walked into VZ and saw no sales would be instantly fired for being a moron), but their reports don't have as wide a distribution to retail investors, as some random on TV who knows nothing does. Coincidentally, no one on the street would ever be watching any of these shows for information.

Personally, I'm not as annoyed by it as much as the rest of you are. I think it's great. It gives the rest of us opportunities to profit from market mispricing of assets, if the volume these days is driven by retail.

...... and we don't know how the US sales have been. Maybe they are right, maybe it HAS been a disaster.
    peter9477 and m0de25 like this.
    03-26-13 10:58 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD