The Z10 releases on Verizon this coming Thursday, the 28th of March.

I pre-ordered a black Z10 for myself, and a white one for my wife the same day they started pre-orders. However, I just called in and checked when they would actually ship my device, and they weren't going to ship it until the 28th of March. Which means I wouldn't be getting it until the 1st of April due to the weekend! Unacceptable!

I cancelled my pre-order immediately, and will be picking it up from my local Verizon store on release day, at 10 am. They aren't taking pre-orders locally, but I will be there early, and will be sure to get it.

As an added bonus, it looks better to have people in-store, buying the product vs. recieving it in the mail.

Do yourself a favor: Cancel your pre-order, and buy it in-store!
    03-25-13 07:57 PM
    This is why I never pre-ordered. I wanted to just get into the store and walk out with it in hand!
    03-25-13 08:07 PM
    Oh, well this ok. When I read the title I thought "here we go again". My Z is supposed to be here tomorrow. Yea for me.....at last.
    03-25-13 08:09 PM
    The chance of them selling out before I get there is too great a risk! I've already been preparing myself for the possibility of a Monday delivery and I'm cool with that.
    Spencerdl and missing_K-W like this.
    03-25-13 08:14 PM
    That was a little misleading intentionally.

ErinnM, I understand the appeal of that.
    Especially since on the 29th, we are driving to Texas for four days to visit my sister and her husband who are staunch iPhoners, and think BB is dead.
    ErinnM, TrueKulcha and ibpluto like this.
    03-25-13 08:30 PM
    Good call, I had to wait 2 weeks for my pre ordered Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 08:31 PM
    I preorder in store through best buy so I was able to just walk out with the device in hand
    03-25-13 08:49 PM
    I'll be waiting, with my luck I will end up with no phone.
    03-25-13 08:59 PM
    Haha, I can remember pre ordering an xbox game. I walked into future shop only to be met with a huge line for pre orders. I walked over, picked up my game off the display, off I went. Canceled my pre order going out the door. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:03 PM
    Especially since on the 29th, we are driving to Texas for four days to visit my sister and her husband who are staunch iPhoners, and think BB is dead.
    Love to hear what they think of the keyboard... But leave that for the last thing you show them... =)
    03-25-13 09:05 PM
    Actually just got an email saying my card was charged and the phone is shipping out tomorrow-which is generally the case with Verizon pre-orders, you get the phone on launch day as well. I'm not sure who you spoke with, but call 10 times and you may get 10 different answers from these reps.
    Spencerdl and dierre like this.
    03-25-13 09:10 PM
    I called my local Verizon store to see if they will be selling the device in store that day.
    The sales rep said yes and asked for my name and number to hold one for me. He said they were starting a list to see how many people were interested in it. I was #3.
    Just before i hung up he then said "see you Thursday, we open at 10 AM".

Must have been a BB Fan, I was stoked.
    Spencerdl and AdamentB like this.
    03-25-13 09:10 PM
    It would appear to me that if the order can't be delivered on the release date, then it's not really a PRE-order. It's just an order.
    AdamentB likes this.
    03-25-13 09:11 PM
    Everyone at verizon is saying the official statement. "Ships by the 28th".

Whoever you spoke to doesn't know hte actual ship date and if they said they do, they lie.

FWIW: I am pissed that I didn't get a tracking number in my e-mail today.
    03-25-13 09:20 PM
    Actually just got an email saying my card was charged and the phone is shipping out tomorrow-which is generally the case with Verizon pre-orders, you get the phone on launch day as well. I'm not sure who you spoke with, but call 10 times and you may get 10 different answers from these reps.
    Proof of this? When did you order, and are you a business or personal account?

Thanks
    03-25-13 09:22 PM
    what time did you pre-order? I was about an hour late.
    03-25-13 09:23 PM
    Just cancelled my preorder and will pick-up the phone in-store on thursday. The online and phone rep both basically said the phone would arrive after the 28th. I'm not expecting a huge rush on the phone and there are a ton of verizon stores around me, so as long as I can find a white one, I'll be happy!
    03-25-13 09:30 PM
    Just cancelled my pre order and ordered it in store to pick up the 28th too, thanks OP
    03-26-13 11:07 AM
    no need to preorder..it will not sell out ..just call your local store and ask how many are accounted for and how many are coming in...
    preorder bby is a shamm.... why preorder a product that will never sell out
    03-26-13 11:13 AM
    Decided to keep mine pre-ordered. Having it delivered will give me an opportunity to play with it for a couple days before I activate it. I'm coming to Verizon from Sprint, so I'd like some time to explore the Z10 before I switch.
    03-26-13 12:05 PM

LOL!! A little bit of BB "in your face" and "the news of BB death has been a little premature" all with some family love thrown in.

On the 31st my wife and I are flying in to San Antonio for some time with my iPhone son there and the other iPhone son in Austin. I was hoping to have my ATT Z10 by then, but my upgrade won't be until May. My Austin son is due for an upgrade....maybe he will let me have it so I can get my Z10, or better yet, he will upgrade to the Z10 since his phone back is cracked and the phone won't vibrate anymore.
    03-26-13 12:23 PM
    Cause of you we will have at least ten threads for articles saying that pre-orders are not going well in US...
    03-26-13 12:26 PM
    I think it's best to go instore to purchase because if you order online and have to return it you have to send the device back vs instore swap out if purchased in store within 14 days. Always less Hassel to deal with local corporate reps
    03-26-13 12:45 PM
    I think it's best to go instore to purchase because if you order online and have to return it you have to send the device back vs instore swap out if purchased in store within 14 days. Always less Hassel to deal with local corporate reps
    Thanks! This is what made me just call and cancel my preorder. I'll be at Verizon at 10am this Thursday and do all my business there.
    03-26-13 01:22 PM
    FYI everyone- I canceled my preorder and THEN I called around to Verizon stores all around me (11 of them) and 2 bestbuys- and everyone is telling me
    1. the don't know if they will have them in the store that day (one guy said yes and then back tracked and said he "thinks" it will be there but they didn't get invoice on them yet
    2. or they are coming out the 28th and they should have them the beginning of next week.
    WTH!!!!
    03-26-13 01:40 PM
37 12