So, I got the z10 in the mail today. Blackberry 10 ready program... Awesome reward.

Two questions so far that are bugging me...

1. I know how to set a custom ring tone - but is there no option to preview the tone you just set? Am I just missing it? Do I have to open the media player and listen to each one? Brutal.

2. Is there an option or updated app (like in the old os there's an app) that will let me switch to silent mode automatically 9am - 5pm m-f...?

Only other thing that's bugging me is how my old photos are reading from the sd card - some appear to be missing, and it's grouped into clumps of 8 before there's more unless you drill into the folder a different way. 900+ photos makes that just a bit weird.
    03-25-13 07:47 PM
    Re #1: No.
    Re #2: No.
    There is a possibility these may be revisited in an upcoming release, however nothing has been confirmed by BBRY.

As for the photo previewing, I thought the same. But, I've gotten used to selecting "Albums" when I open the pictures viewer. Barely notice the difference anymore.
    03-26-13 10:52 AM
    It looks like
    1# maybe more complex an issue with midi files from the sdcard. It won't play them at all. mp3 files play fine. so, no more final fantasy midi ring tones - going to have to find them in mp3 format.

2# may cause me to swap back to my old blackberry. I constantly forget to click silent mode when i walk into the office. I'd been using an app to switch profiles automatically at 8:30am and back at 5pm which works brilliantly.

New device growing pains...
    03-26-13 11:19 AM
    # 2 try color led message they have what is called a time profile and you can set different times.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:31 AM
    from Toysoft? BlackBerry World - Color Led Message

I went ahead and sent them an email asking them about their capabilities.

I sent the other guys an email as well asking if they were going to upgrade their app for blackberry 10.

BlackBerry World - Profile Scheduler
    03-26-13 11:51 AM
    Toysoft replied rather promptly indicating there is a lack of api from blackberry. Timer Profile can only be used within the color led application and does not work on the phone.

So, apparently this is an issue with Blackberry - there's no API support to do it.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-26-13 12:03 PM
    Yeah, that lack of ringtone preview is a pain in the @$$. I can't believe they omitted that basic function. Makes selecting from a long list of tones obnoxious. I'll bet that's why the thing only ships with a few tones--to mask the lack of functionality.
    03-26-13 12:13 PM