It is really starting to derail all the comments on any of the blogs when the first comment and 10 subsequent responses are "First" and responses to this idiocy. These comments need to be deleted and repeat offenders banned as it is derailing actual enjoyable discussion from taking place in the comments. Sound off below and hopefully this thread can pick up enough stream that the editors/mods take it seriously.
    03-25-13 07:04 PM
    I have got to agree, unless fist is followed by a relevant comment
    03-25-13 07:08 PM
    It is really starting to derail all the comments on any of the blogs when the first comment and 10 subsequent responses are "First" and responses to this idiocy. These comments need to be deleted and repeat offenders banned as it is derailing actual enjoyable discussion from taking place in the comments. Sound off below and hopefully this thread can pick up enough stream that the editors/mods take it seriously.
    Who cares!
    It doesn't bother me if someone says "First" Good for them, it is a bit of an accomplishment. Maybe being first to reply was the highlight of their day. (if so I feel really sorry for them)

I don't know why everyone rags on people for making a "first" comment. If people didn't blow up about this, there would not be 10 responses to their post.

BTW
    FIRST! ....lol couldn't' resist
    03-25-13 07:10 PM
    03-25-13 07:11 PM
    Because it's really annoying that you have to scroll down half the page to actual get to a real comment that actually involves the article. If being the first comment on a blog is your accomplishment of the day you need to set your sights a little higher in life.
    southlander, Grinno and jesse_h like this.
    03-25-13 07:12 PM
    Any offense to Last?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Turnda643 like this.
    03-25-13 07:16 PM
    Why stop it? Its a Crackberry tradition. Buy a scroll mouse!
    What is annoying to me is a 7 page post with statements repated through out
    undone, JR A and Tomas Carrillo like this.
    03-25-13 07:19 PM
    IBTL hahaha
    03-25-13 07:24 PM
    Why stop it? Its a Crackberry tradition. Buy a scroll mouse!
    What is annoying to me is a 7 page post with statements repated through out
    It's not a tradition it just started a few months ago.
    03-25-13 07:25 PM
    first.......
    03-25-13 07:27 PM
    no it's been around for years....it's just that l8ly it's taken over the thread with everyone talking about the first comment.
    MADBRADNYC and undone like this.
    03-25-13 07:30 PM
    and not just here but seems to be a "trend" everywhere there is a comment section...
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-25-13 07:31 PM
    I wouldn't take this TOO seriously. Yes, its annoying but you can quickly ignore it and move on to the next comments.
    03-25-13 07:32 PM
    I am fine with the first comments. They are kind of funny. It's the people who continue to ask the same question over and over. Because they didn't read the thread. Besides you have to scroll down anyway.
    03-25-13 07:47 PM
    Who cares?........
    There are plenty worse things happening on the interwebz. At least it's not name calling or something.
    Pretty innocuous as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, as you pointed out, it is a "comment" section. Where you make a comment about the post.
    Discussions are to be held in the forums. That's what the forums are there for.
    If you notice there is almost always a link at the bottom of a blog post to actually "discuss" the topic in the forums.

Don't let it get under your skin. It's a happy place where frivolous things happen often.
    03-25-13 07:49 PM
    I like how this is just barley starting to hit crackberry when it was a trend like 2 years ago.

I don't really care either way.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 07:51 PM
    I really don't see why it's such a big deal. If you want to do that type of thing and it makes you happy , go right ahead.
    03-25-13 07:51 PM
    03-25-13 07:55 PM
    Ehh, who cares.
    aprilfirst likes this.
    03-25-13 07:58 PM
    Third .
    ISWYDT
    03-25-13 08:01 PM
    Of all the things on this site that get on my nerves, this issue is WAAAAY down the list. Probably at the bottom.
    03-25-13 08:03 PM
    Really! Banned!! Oooooootay Mr. Fredricksen.
    03-25-13 08:05 PM
    Twenty fourth
    03-25-13 08:09 PM
    i feel like deleting everyones post just so i can go back and say "first" lol
    03-25-13 08:10 PM
    Twenty fourth

Your post #23. I'm Twenty-fourth

EDIT: Damn you howarmat, got me by a few seconds. *shakes fist*
    03-25-13 08:10 PM
93 123 ...