For those who own the New Blackberry Z10 or have researched about the phone, why should I buy the Z10 over the iPhone or Android phones?

In the past, I've had the 9630, 9650, and 9930, and enjoyed having the qwerty keyboard, fast email alerts, and the touchscreen on the 9930.

What is making my decision difficult is the lack of apps BB offer (although apps are not #1 on my list). I'd like apps such as WordsWithFriends and others to play along with my friends (Yes, I've heard of the side load to several games, but I don't want to deal with any lag, unresponsiveness, or crashes). I know BB offers 70,000+ apps, but most of them are poor quality.

Next thing I'm concerned about is the specs of the phone. Although the dual-core processor works amazingly smooth on the Z10 (went to an AT&T to see demo), I'm surprised that releasing a phone so late in the game doesn't have the most recent processors, camera specs, etc.. I'm afraid if I spend $200 on this phone, it will become irrelevant less than six months from now. I plan on having the phone, if purchased, for the full two years.

Lastly, I talked to various people (friends, T-mobile representatives, acquaintances) and pretty much all of them suggested either the iPhone 5, S3, or the upcoming S4. Well I refuse to buy the iPhone 5 because I believe its outdated, meaning the iOS. As for the S3 or Android phones, every time I'm using one I feel like its a bit kiddish. I enjoy BB's hardware structure and the quality of phone, as well as the positive things I've said earlier about it (e-mail, etc..) but with all the negativity and the "Good phone but not good enough" articles, I'm wary of my upcoming decision.

Thanks guys..
    litig8or98 likes this.
    03-25-13 04:58 PM
    Make it short & sweet for ya...........the flat screen keyboard! It's awesome! Really!! 'nuff said methinks!

For those who own the New Blackberry Z10 or have researched about the phone, why should I buy the Z10 over the iPhone or Android phones?

In the past, I've had the 9630, 9650, and 9930, and enjoyed having the qwerty keyboard, fast email alerts, and the touchscreen on the 9930.

What is making my decision difficult is the lack of apps BB offer (although apps are not #1 on my list). I'd like apps such as WordsWithFriends and others to play along with my friends (Yes, I've heard of the side load to several games, but I don't want to deal with any lag, unresponsiveness, or crashes). I know BB offers 70,000+ apps, but most of them are poor quality.

Next thing I'm concerned about is the specs of the phone. Although the dual-core processor works amazingly smooth on the Z10 (went to an AT&T to see demo), I'm surprised that releasing a phone so late in the game doesn't have the most recent processors, camera specs, etc.. I'm afraid if I spend $200 on this phone, it will become irrelevant less than six months from now. I plan on having the phone, if purchased, for the full two years.

Lastly, I talked to various people (friends, T-mobile representatives, acquaintances) and pretty much all of them suggested either the iPhone 5, S3, or the upcoming S4. Well I refuse to buy the iPhone 5 because I believe its outdated, meaning the iOS. As for the S3 or Android phones, every time I'm using one I feel like its a bit kiddish. I enjoy BB's hardware structure and the quality of phone, as well as the positive things I've said earlier about it (e-mail, etc..) but with all the negativity and the "Good phone but not good enough" articles, I'm wary of my upcoming decision.

Thanks guys..
    03-25-13 05:08 PM
    I was worried about leaving Android for BB10 but don't for one minute regret it. The Z10 is a superb phone that does most things well. It has its quirks and its very minor bugs but its a great phone that will reward you with its slick OS. Don't forget that we will see added functionality, improvements to battery life and more apps (if that's what you like)

The QNX OS doesn't need four processor cores to run smooth. It is perfectly able to run quickly and efficiently with two. the 2GB RAM is the current high end phone amount and helps no end with the speed. Don't worry about the specs race with Android, as this is one speedy phone ...iPhone also only has two cores (at lower speed than the Z10) and is known for its silky smoothness.

I have no regrets at all about switching to BB10 and am looking forward to the next few months with the Z10 and the updates that come along
    ErinnM, DJM626 and manonthemoon like this.
    03-25-13 05:10 PM
    If your a follower go get an iphone or an s3. If you want something made for YOU then get the new BlackBerry 10s. I could give you reasons why hut I'm guessing your smart enough to read so if you have time knock yourself out in the forum n answer your own question! p

Love My Z10, Posted via Excellent CB10
    Dan Lloyd likes this.
    03-25-13 05:14 PM
    Because:
    1. You want to try something new,
    2. Most of the negativity seems to be coming out of the US - read a range of reviews and you'll see the positive, new aspects of it coming out,
    3. The messaging rocks (keyboard and Hub combo is great),
    4. The OS is fast and multitasks easily,
    5. The browser is faster than my laptop,
    6. Reader mode in the browser,
    7. Cascades,
    8. HDMI out,
    9. Build quality.

In short it works.

I don't understand some of the things that have been said by people that obviously haven't used it very much. In my opinion they want to pile on something they see as vulnerable. They want to be on the winning side or something. But its stupid. If you like it, buy it. If you really just want your old phone that you liked, buy the newest model of that one.
    manonthemoon, ErinnM and shiakap like this.
    03-25-13 05:17 PM
    It's the BlackBerry you've always wanted (impressive UI and user experience)
    It's BBRY - safe/secure (don't trust any of the other platforms)
    Z10 feels great in the hand (picked up mine and fell in love with it --> ordered it a couple minutes after playing with an actual device)
    Typing experience on glass is amazing, simply the best keyboard you will use, smart and intuitive.
    Superb call quality (clarity is really good, no complaints)

The OS is new, but updates are rolling out (most complain about this but i don't find it a huge problem). If you have used android, you'll know the pain you go through waiting for an official update. I waited for ICS for 7 months before i got mine.
    manonthemoon likes this.
    03-25-13 05:19 PM
    It comes with a free bottle of awesomesauce...

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:21 PM
    You have to make up your own mind. Go by att and try it out. You're the one that has to live with your decision.

You have to ask yourself what's the most use you need from your cell phone?

If you rely on apps for entertainment, then it sounds like your wanting an I phone. BlackBerry is building their app list daily so it just depends on what you want out of a phone.

I love the z10 for the productivity and communication I need. I don't use the instagrams, facebooks, and etc. on my phone.

What do "you"need from your phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:26 PM
    I'll make it simple. QNX. Google it. Watch the videos. Forget the hardware spec race. It's all about the software now. Unless u want to hold a laptop to your face to make calls lol.

QNX for the win.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-25-13 05:31 PM
    If you wanna know the depth of the ocean u have to dive my friend. And you never know what u might find which will blow away your mind.
    Like the mind blowing crack berry Monday

Posted via CB+BB10
    03-25-13 05:42 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies..

The last phone I've owned besides BB was the LG Dare. I've had three BB's since, and never had an Android or iPhone phone.

Someone mentioned its "The BB we always wanted"..Thats how I felt with the 9930. I waited months for its release, and although I used it for two years, I wouldn't have considered it the ultimate BB or a strong competitor against others. Sure the touchscreen was nice to go with the qwerty keyboard, and the phone itself was gorgeous, the browser was slow and the apps just weren't there..

I don't use Facebook, however I use LinkedIn. I don't have an Instagram account, I'd rather use my DSLR. Still, I'd like to have apps that can connect to other devices, non-BB. All my close friends and family either have Android or iPhone, therefore I am not a follower of any sort. My distress is spending the $200 again and not being completely fulfilled about the purchase of the phone.

Any more replies will help lessen my living concern.
    03-25-13 05:48 PM
    If money wasn't an issue, I'd love to go diving.
    03-25-13 05:52 PM
    If money wasn't an issue, I'd love to go diving.
    Go for a paddle instead for a week or so and if you don't like it you can return it. That should give you long enough to then decide if you want to put on the scuba gear for a longer, deeper dive! : )

Whoosh.....!!!!!!!!!! Careful! Z10 in action here!
    03-25-13 05:56 PM
    It comes with a free bottle of awesomesauce...

Posted via CB10
    True Story.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    shiakap likes this.
    03-25-13 06:07 PM
    Do not let others decide for you.... do lots of reading.... try it out... make a decision... there will be naysayers on all platforms... the only thing I would really look at with BB is apps... does it or will it have all the apps you use right now... this can be a game changer...4 core and 8 core are a marketing tool nothing more... you need to ask yourself...how useful is this.. is it fun.... do I have the wow factor..... if so you figured it out....

As for specs...I use the example of MS VISTA and WINDOWS 7 for the PC.... Vista ran like a slug no matter how much hardware you through at where Windows 7 run on very minimal hardware ( netbooks )..... If the OS is written well.... QNX 100,000 lines of code where Android has 3,000,000... which would you think is more efficient...

Final question to ask yourself Do you want to be on the Bleeding Edge ( Samsung ) or the Leading Edge (BB)....
    03-25-13 06:09 PM
    Simple and sweet answer... My computer doesnt even have 4 cores and no one is going to tell me that a phone is faster or more capable than my 2012 mac book pro... yea no.... Also, you are still going to be limited by the OS running on the phone.. you can have a phone with 12 cores and over clocked processors and 35megapixel camera etc. but at the end of the day, you will still be limited by the Operating system on the phone, I have as a second phone a LG Optimus G, it has 4 cores, but the phone still freezes, apps still shut down, the keyboard can not keep up with my typing... furthermore, after typing and using the awesome autocorrect and word predictions on the z10, i find it increasingly difficult to type on the android.. The only thing I can not defend is the app culture. The apps will no come until the developers feel its worth building for. In the mean time you can always sideload the android apps or search for alternatives.. I personally only use on average 3-4 apps so have 1000000000 apps isnt really impressive or useful to me... the big names are slowly but surely coming.. All in all I say go to the store, pick up the z10 and use it.. They give you 7-14 days to decide to keep or return the device.. I suggest you use it. Everyone's experience will be different.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-25-13 06:09 PM
    1 word... Updates!!! Being the first device. Of BB10 and paired with their track record, we're gonna have plenty of xmas mornings when we wake up to an update. It's like buying phone all over again.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:17 PM
    Bb10 feels like a whole new experience coming from a legacy device.

Browser is nothing like before, keyboard is the best, and the experience is awesome once you learn the gestures. Its productive and efficient due to multitasking via flow and the hub

The specs dont really matter, it feels like its on par or possibly even better than a quad cored android. The os is that efficient.

Only thing is the apps, but they do come bit by bit. And some small funky bugs since the os is new.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:19 PM
    #1 reason: Because you let your OWN experience trump all the silly reviews out there.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:21 PM
    Plus with HTML5 many more apps are network based, so this whole app thing will be a thing of the past soon, give it a couple years. I said it here first.... Oh wait, Mike Lazaridis did

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:21 PM
    I came over from the iPhone 5 and Android platforms and the z10 is the device I have been looking for, the BlackBerry Hub, Flow and the Gesturing concept has grown on me.

This is based on my experience but this is a device that you have to use for a week or so to really appreciate what the capabilities of the z10 are.

I would recommend this to anyone who is tired of the same ol sale IOS and Android platforms and want a device that will change the way to now look at a smart phone. Highly Recommend.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:26 PM
    If you tap it on an oak tree at midnight, it turns into a leprechaun with 40 gold coins! Then, he'll kick you in the groin and run away to Cupertino! Well....at least that is why I bought it....not for everyone I suppose
    triplekia and BerryWizard like this.
    03-25-13 06:33 PM
    It's impossible for me to tell you why you should go ahead and grab this phone but i can easily tell you why i bought it :

The keyboard.

I, as many, went in and out of the blackberry community many times as i wanted something more up to date in terms of technology so i did try many. At the end you know why i kept coming back to black? This silly addictive and amazing physical keyboard that only blackberry masters.

Now you are thinking, why don't you wait for the Q10? Because screen size matters a lot to me and it's probably why I'll drop my Z10 when the remoured aristo come out at the end of the year.
    I wanted to try this fantastic touch screen keyboard that blackberry was so proud about when they made the presentation back in summer 2012, i tried it...now i can't leave without it. if i leave again for another platform, i surely end up coming back for the same reason i came back when the 9700 came out, as well as when i came back for a 9780, than left and the 9900 with this simple but so effective 5 % larger keys : couldn't resist . My 9900 was so laggy it annoyed me like h**l, i went for the i4s...survived 3 days and took the 9900 out of kijji...replaced it with the i4s.

Ps : sorry for the long answer, it's so easy on my z10 that i can't help it

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:35 PM
    Here's an anecdote from this weekend:

I was skiing and it fell on the slopes from my pocket. I found a friend with a browser and found it through BlackBerry Protect.

On the same day, I jumped in a hot tub with my phone in pocket - I was in there for 10 minutes before I realized my foolishness... needless to say, after a few expletives, I took out the battery, sim and memory cards, and let it sit next to a fireplace all day and night.

I'm still typing with it, and the only issue I have are a few diagonal lines seen when angled awkwardly. That doesn't mean I won't make sure I have it checked out, but I'm typing this post with my z10...

So.. super awesome build quality or just plain luck, I'm pretty happy right now ( managed to host a couple of conference calls today, so my work didn't suffer!)

'nuff said!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:47 PM
    Nobody going to tell you that "You're holding the phone the wrong way".
    03-25-13 06:54 PM
50 12