Greetings to all,

I am writing from Srilanka and a BB loyalist. I recently got my Z10 from Dubai ,STL100-1. I am loving it however its very frustrating to read in these forums and elsewhere that the latest update i.e 10.0.10.85 has been a revelation for the device since i have failed to update it with all possible ways . It definitely doesnt find updates through wifi , it also failed through the local sim ,tried using the BB link software but "i dont even see the option to check for latest updates". Also unsuccessfully tried and failed through the browser as well.
    Kindly help me to update the device to take advantage of the overall user experience.

Cheers
    Divakar
    03-25-13 12:34 PM
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    03-25-13 01:22 PM
    When you connect ur z10 with blackberry link you'll see a option reload device software, it will automatically check updates pushed by your carrier.
    divakar likes this.
    03-25-13 02:26 PM
    Problem is these gentlemen use the blackberry on a carrier that didn't release the z10 yet, so no update will be pushed out. But there is a solution.

Leaked: OS 10.0.10.648 For The BlackBerry Dev Alpha - N4BB

The dev alpha is the stl100-1. You can use the above auto loader. Voila. No guarantee though from my side. But I updated my Dubai stl100-1 with the previous .261 for the dev alpha and it worked like a charm. Remember to make a full backup before.
    divakar likes this.
    03-25-13 02:30 PM
    Thanks. will try first. cant wait to do that.
    03-25-13 11:18 PM
    Yes the option to reload the software is availabe, but does it check automatically upon connecting the device and loading bb link or do i have to select the option first and wait until it shows me the latest updates available to proceed .

just to mention that with the bbos 7 device desktop software ,it shows if any updates are available upon connecting the device and loading the desktop manager.

thanks anyway
    03-25-13 11:23 PM
    Hey divakar, the easiest thing for you would be to get hold of a sim card of airtel or Vodafone india. After that just switch off the phone and put in the new sim card, switch it on, connect it to wifi and search for software update. You will get it. Model launched in india is STL100-1 and these two carriers have pushed the latest update. The sim card need not be activated, it will work as it is. I was in the same situation as I had bought the UK model STL100-2 and I had to purchase UK Vodafone sim card for the update and after that I got the update easily OTA. All the best.
    divakar likes this.
    03-26-13 02:48 AM
    Thanks. will try first. cant wait to do that.
    Let me know how it worked. The autoloader does not require BB Link or anything else. It does everything AUTOmagically. But you will need to have a backup of your data and apps. But believe me, this update is really worth it.

Amit's "trick" with the SIM card is of course much more elegant if you can get hold of any SIM card. It can even be an old one taht is deactivated, you just need it to be in the phone while you check for software update via Wifi.
    divakar likes this.
    03-26-13 05:52 AM
    Hi Amit,
    Appreciate ur time and effort to go through my post and provide me with a potential solution. I have a friend (Shanmugam) ,who`s flying down to Colombo from Bangalore next week , he has confirmed to get me an Indian sim (Airtel or Voda). Will try and give you a feedback soon . Whether i get it or not i, still love my zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz10

Cheers
    03-27-13 11:45 AM
    Hi Amit,
    Appreciate ur time and effort to go through my post and provide me with a potential solution. I have a friend (Shanmugam) ,who`s flying down to Colombo from Bangalore next week , he has confirmed to get me an Indian sim (Airtel or Voda). Will try and give you a feedback soon . Whether i get it or not i, still love my zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz10

Cheers
    All the best divakar. Once u get the card, I don't think there should be any problems after that.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:18 PM
    Hi,

I have an airtel 3g connection but i'm just not able to update my new Z10 , STL-100-2, whenever i check for updates over wifi it shows as " you have the latest software ". With the current version i have 10.0.9.2372 i am unable to install apps like Whatsapp etc !!

Can someone please help & advise how i can solve this problem ?

Also recently even without using the phone at all the complete battery drains off in 3-4 hrs ! Does anyone else have the same problem. Have done everything recommended in the settings to conserve battery life but it has not worked.

Appreciate anyone's help her to resolve the abv issues !!!!!
    04-05-13 07:03 AM
    Where are u located kaizad, I am assuming india as ur using an Airtel connection. Indian carriers are pushing updates for stl100-1 model as that is the model launched in india. For updating ur phone u will need a UK sim card. Check my other thread "UK vodafone sim card for indian stl100-2 users. "

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:28 AM
    Hi Amit,
    Thanks for your reply ! I'm based in Chennai at the moment, is there no other way or option to update the OS ?? as getting hold of a UK voda sim would be difficult !!
    Can something be done thrgh BB link ?? or through the internet ? Do let me know & thanks again
    04-05-13 01:57 PM
    Hey kaizad, send me ur mail id and I will arrange for the sim card to be sent to u. Just make sure u courier it back to me once u have updated.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:32 PM
    Hey Amit, i really appreciate your help man !! i will definitely return the sim back to you immediately as soon as i'm done !! my email ID is [email protected] & [email protected], you can write to me on both these addresses.

Please let me bear the cost of courier both ways, once again i really appreciate your help, lets exchange cell nos as well !!

Thanks
    Kaizad
    04-06-13 03:09 AM
    Hi Amit,

With ref to our discussion above i'm waiting for your email to proceed further, kindly send me your email ID & i will write back to you with my details.
    Thanks again & appreciate your assistance.
    Kaizad
    04-08-13 01:10 AM
    hii..actualy m also suffering from d same prblm..plss help me to update my phone so dat i cn use other application..pls help me
    08-17-13 05:01 PM
    hii..actualy m also suffering from d same prblm..plss help me to update my phone so dat i cn use other application..pls help me
    spk englzsh plz

Anyway, download the latest autoloader for your device model.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 05:06 PM