I'd really meant to stick it out until the Q10. Really. But today I made it in to my local AT&T store to play with a Z10 for the first time...I figured it'd give me a good chance to get a feel for BB10 in advance of the transition in a few months. But...holy moly, it really is as good as advertised! I was astonished. I'm still not convinced it'll ever be quite as quick as a tactile board, but it was plenty good enough to get me to use my upgrade on a Z10. Wow. Great stuff. I only hope we'll see a few tweaks to the OS soon, as it'd be nice to have multiple alarms, and make the hub automatically update the Facebook read-status after using the separate FB app to read a message. But it'll come, I'm sure. For now, count me in as a totally unexpected convert to the Z10

My only trouble is that the fantastic multitasking reminds me so much of WebOS that I keep trying to flick applications to close them Seriously, this is like WebOS, except faster and more polished. I love it!

Also, for what it's worth, my AT&T store said they'd been selling pretty well (I got one of two they had left in stock), and the sales guy who rang me up was very positive about the Z10--apparently his store had one for an employee, and everybody wanted it. He needed exactly zero sales pitch to make the sale, but he was still very positive about BB10 and the hardware. Though unfortunately, the Z10 was tucked in a corner with a 9900, with only one small sign above it...not much of a marketing push for a new flagship phone.
    Last edited by silly_sysiphus; 03-25-13 at 03:00 AM.
    03-25-13 02:49 AM
    Welcome to the bb keyboard convert club ;-) I think it was unexpected for a lot of us. I came from a 9900 and bought the Z10 out of impatience and impulse. I initially worried about whether I'd done the right thing. But as soon as I used it I knew I'd be better than fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-25-13 05:33 AM
    Agree.

Posted on Z10.
    03-25-13 05:36 AM
    I have actually found I can type faster on my Z10 than my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12, Mic_JP and Kim Mak like this.
    03-25-13 05:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same. More accurately too.

Mic_JP likes this.
    03-25-13 06:03 AM
    Not the same type of convert but I strongly agree! The software keyboard is far better than anything I have previously used. Typing on it is fluid and fast and the auto learning feature is fantastic. The autocorrect in BBX is bar none the best. I have always hated autocorrect because of its over compensation but this does not do that and works REALLY well.
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-25-13 06:06 AM
    The keyboard truly is a marvel, however I still find that there is something about physical keyboards. I still want a q10, not only for the keyboard but for the for factor which I think is just as sexy as the Z10. I may as well just have both and switch on a regular basis LOL. I have a sickness
    03-25-13 06:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have never thought I would say that one day but after 2 weeks with my Z10, I can really type faster than on any previous BB models. The trick is to not even look at what your typing and let the Z10 figure that out, unlike a physical keyboard where you have to type each letter accurately. So I'm getting lazy and I don't type apostrophes, accents in French or the last letters of longer words anymore. I'm not a big users of gadgets and apps so to me, the big deal with the Z10 is to convert dinosaurs like me to a touch keyboard.
    03-25-13 06:41 AM
    The only thing that trips me up is typing the letter b instead of space. That really messes up the autocorrect. I find that the real trick is to look at the keyboard but to concentrate on the space bar. I think that's how it's designed because that's where you'll be warned of a typo anyway in blue. Everything seems to point to concentrating on the space bar. Ever since I started doing that it's been even better than it already was.

03-25-13 06:58 AM
    same here. id swore up and down that id hold out for the Q10, but i just couldnt resist. at first i was disappointed at the lack of apps and almost returned it, only to realize i couldnt live without this phone. the keyboard...amazing. the gestures ..just perfect. when on my ipad or iphone, i keep trying to swipe out of the current program, then realize i need to hit the home button. seems so archaic. im totally totally in love and cant wait to see what they do to future OS releases. THANK YOU BLACKBERRY!! <333333
    03-25-13 07:17 AM
    I watched some Q10 videos yesterday and it showed it side-by-side with the 9900, and I must say the Q10 looks pretty slick. I still love my Z10 till the end though! Just hammer away at the screen and let the autocorrect work itself out. It gets the word probably 95% of the time.
    03-25-13 07:20 AM
    This Z10 keyboard us absolutely amazing! I was always a physical keyboard guy, and similarly I was holding up for the Q10 as well.

I have used several other competitors keyboards before Android, iOS and Windows Phone, so I have always been quite skeptical of the capability to recapture the same usage as a physical keyboard.

However with the Z10 I'm a convert, I mean I still do make spelling mistakes, but seriously I can type fast on this thing. I challenged a friend who had a Note II for around 4-5 months and I had the Z10 for a week, typing Sunday to Saturday, lost out by 2 Alphabets.

So loving this keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 07:22 AM
    Z10 is making a convert out of me. I'm not quite there yet as far as typing more efficiently than with a physical QWERTY, but I'm definitely improving each day. The predictive text and word swiping are worth the price of admission alone.

I've had nothing but QWERTY's as long as I've had a smartphone, but I am thoroughly impressed with the Z10 so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 07:44 AM
    I really like the keyboard as well, I went from an 9900 to an S3 and missed BlackBerry and my keyboard as soon as the Z10 came out I bought it thinking it would hold me over till the Q came out, but now I'm loving my Z10! I live the screen size and keyboard I might be passing the Q and just waiting for the next touchscreen BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 07:47 AM
    After a couple of weeks with the Z10, the tips of my fingers don't hurt anymore. They would always be sore after a day of typing on my 9700. About the only thing I miss is all the autotext word substitutions I had set up. I'm adding more into the Z10, but I find I don't need as many as I used to.
    03-25-13 08:55 AM
    Yeah, not sure if I will type as fast as I did on my 9930 either. But who knows, just got the phone. The swiping is genius and words learns so fast. More than half the time I am not even typing. LOL
    UndeadNinjaa likes this.
    03-25-13 08:57 AM
    ErinnM, since you just got yours, too (AT&T, right?), I'm curious--has your battery life changed/improved at all since the first couple days you've had it? I'm on full day #2 today, and am hoping the rumors I've heard about this are true....

Cheers! (and yay for MLB starting soon!)
    03-26-13 09:07 PM
    I always hated touch screen keyboards until I got my Z10...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:16 PM
    Came from a 9930 to the Z10.

I never really liked touch screens until now and I'm glad I took the chance to change because the new keyboard is flawless.
    03-26-13 09:20 PM
    ErinnM, since you just got yours, too (AT&T, right?), I'm curious--has your battery life changed/improved at all since the first couple days you've had it? I'm on full day #2 today, and am hoping the rumors I've heard about this are true....

Cheers! (and yay for MLB starting soon!)
    Yay baseball! Umm I am on day 3 and battery is better then my 9930. Still doesn't seem as good as people claim but I heard it takes a few battery charging sessions to get normal. Also I don't seem to have the OS update that came a few weeks ago.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    03-26-13 09:21 PM
    Yeah, not sure if I will type as fast as I did on my 9930 either. But who knows, just got the phone. The swiping is genius and words learns so fast. More than half the time I am not even typing. LOL
    I type way faster on my Z10 than I did on my 9930. It learns the words I type probably after a few times I type them so when i hit the keyboard it will autocorrect and goes to the next word, which is a great feature.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-26-13 09:23 PM
    Just got mine today and it is taking my fat fingers some getting used to compared to my 9700

ganiman
    03-26-13 09:27 PM
    Yay baseball! Umm I am on day 3 and battery is better then my 9930. Still doesn't seem as good as people claim but I heard it takes a few battery charging sessions to get normal. Also I don't seem to have the OS update that came a few weeks ago.

Ok, cool, that sounds about like what I've been hearing, too. Enjoy your new toy--I know I am.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-26-13 10:34 PM
    I type way faster on my Z10 than I did on my 9930. It learns the words I type probably after a few times I type them so when i hit the keyboard it will autocorrect and goes to the next word, which is a great feature.
    Yep typing on this thing is getting easier every day because of how fast it is learning words.

silly_sysiphus likes this.
    03-26-13 10:57 PM
    Yep, and the best part is that it can do so for multiple languages simultaneously (English, fran�ais, dansk)

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-26-13 11:11 PM
26 12