After having been away due to work for an extended period and then being on vacation, I finally ordered my wife and I Z10s a week and a half ago. Due to a shipping error, my wife's has not arrived yet.

Today she was playing around on my phone and realized that my fitness pal is not available. This was not good news for her as she uses their extensive food database and calorie counter religiously. She is now tempted to cancel the Z10 order and keep her iPhone 5 simply because of this app not being available.

On that note, is anyone aware of an alternative app to replace this functionality?

(I also think this is another example of how important it is for BlackBerry to get the most popular apps in order to win the "average" consumer.)

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:20 PM
    None. Contact the company. I did.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:32 PM
    I also did that but was hoping for another option. It also doesn't seem to work when sideloaded.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:59 PM
    Where to contact the company? I need that one too.
    03-25-13 05:14 AM
    Contact them through your account. I made a request a couple of months ago and was told simply that due to the app not being easily portable it would be some time before they came up with something, if ever. Keep badgering them and maybe we will see something.
    03-25-13 06:20 AM
    I got the same reply that the app was not easily portable. They also suggested using the browser. Really need an alternative if an app is not being developed by them.

Posted via CB10
    goodcoffy likes this.
    03-25-13 10:31 AM
    My Sports Tracker for fitness is in BB World
    Have not found a calorie tracker I like as an app.
    03-25-13 11:43 AM
    An alternative might b body buddy

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19968791
    03-26-13 08:43 AM
    They can be reached at blackberryfeedback[at]myfitnesspal[dot]com

I just sent them an email as well! I hope they can respond with some good news!!
    03-26-13 12:04 PM
    I contacted them a couple of months ago, about whether they would have an app for BlackBerry 10 and this is the reply I got. I suppose the only upside being that if they do they make an app, it will definitely be native.
    My Fitness Pal alternative-img_00000538.png

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:49 PM
    I just received the same reply from a rep named Dave...From reading between the lines, and knowing what we all really know about the BB10 platform from CB and the like, it seems like they just don't want to continue to support BB10 and it's users base. This makes me sick.
    Attached Thumbnails My Fitness Pal alternative-mfp.jpg  
    03-26-13 01:28 PM
    They will. For Christ's sakes they released one for windows8.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:36 PM
    I've been using the browser on z10 for mfp and the experience has been painful. The app on the 9900 and android worked wonderfully compared to the z10 browser experience

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:33 PM
    My wife has tried out Body Buddy. It's similar but doesn't have the same ease of use. It's a shame there's no MFP...
    04-02-13 08:31 AM
    I've been using the browser on z10 for mfp and the experience has been painful. The app on the 9900 and android worked wonderfully compared to the z10 browser experience

Posted via CB10
    To me, this underscores how willing BB users have been to live with sub-standard performance from their apps.

I am also a MFP user on the Bold 9900. It seemed to be a really good app ... until I compared it to SWMBO's iPhone. Much smoother, much better, and more features. I was disappointed with it at that point. I have continued to use it, but I had the feeling of having been thrown a bone.

The website is painful on the Z10, as MFP doesn't even have a mobile version of the site. But what to do?

When an app gains wide acceptance across many platforms, they will probably decide to ignore markets with fewer members. I can only imagine what it is like to be a WebOS fan.

To the OP, you should probably consider listening to your wife. If this app is that important to her, in interest of marital harmony, get her the iPhone. I know in my house, it would save my sanity.
    04-02-13 09:02 AM
    A good alternative is Lose It!. It's not available in Blackberry World, however you can sideload the Android version of the app and it works great except for the "Motivate" tab within the app. Like MFP, you can create an online account and it will sync with the app when installed on the Z10. You can download the bar file from the goodereader.com website. Like your wife, I relied heavily on MFP, however have found Lose It! to work as good, if not better than MFP. At the very least, it is worth a try.
    04-02-13 09:50 AM
    I decided to email My Fitness Pal again tonight and got a different generic reply than previously. They mentioned that the support team communicates the level of interest they receive

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:43 PM
    The support team communicates the level of interest they receive to the developers. I'm sure crackberry users would be able to communicate a significant enough interest level in this app in order to get them moving forward with it.

Let's do it!

(Sorry for the 2 posts but I accidentally bumped the post button and I don't know how to edit the previous post via cb 10 app)

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:48 PM
    Let your wife play with your zed longer, she will get over it. Especially when you guys will be able to share screens and video chat over your data connection!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:33 PM
    The support team communicates the level of interest they receive to the developers. I'm sure crackberry users would be able to communicate a significant enough interest level in this app in order to get them moving forward with it.

Let's do it!

(Sorry for the 2 posts but I accidentally bumped the post button and I don't know how to edit the previous post via cb 10 app)

Posted via CB10
    I have sendt an e-mail as well.
    04-15-13 03:18 AM
    A good alternative is Lose It!. It's not available in Blackberry World, however you can sideload the Android version of the app and it works great except for the "Motivate" tab within the app. Like MFP, you can create an online account and it will sync with the app when installed on the Z10. You can download the bar file from the goodereader.com website. Like your wife, I relied heavily on MFP, however have found Lose It! to work as good, if not better than MFP. At the very least, it is worth a try.
    I'm trying LoseIt! as well. Feels a bit clunky in terms of app responsiveness, but it's definitely working.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:17 PM
    Any word from the My Fitness Pal people lately?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:56 PM