When the next OS updates come to do you think they will address sd card issue . Where we can move games to SD card as of right now we can't.
    I need more space
    03-24-13 09:52 PM
    no, I don't think so.
    03-24-13 09:55 PM
    When the next OS updates come to do you think they will address sd card issue . Where we can move games to SD card as of right now we can't.
    I need more space
    Just delete the ones not in use at the time. Only takes a minute to redownload. Personally, I only keep pics and some vuds on sd cards for performance reasons.
    03-24-13 10:01 PM
    I can not delete them I play these games Nova 3 1.7GB need for speed 800mb lets golf 1GB and so on. I need to moves theses games to sd card
    mousmah likes this.
    03-24-13 10:04 PM
    I doubt you will ever be allowed to locate apps in removable storage. I predict a 32GB and 64GB BBRY phone will soon be in the works.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-24-13 10:07 PM
    I doubt you will ever be allowed to locate apps in removable storage. I predict a 32GB and 64GB BBRY phone will soon be in the works.
    Completely unnecessary considering you can buy a sd card, I'm sure they are going to give you the option to select where to save the data.. at some point within the newest OS update

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 10:09 PM
    But how well would an app run off a sd card? Then you open up an entire new wave of support troubleshooting as far as the cards class, brand compatibility, etc

I wish it would work but I don't think we will see it.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-24-13 10:37 PM
    Running apps from an SD card is a security issue. I doubt they will ever allow it.

Imagine someone gets your phone and doesn't have your password. They could pop in their SD card with a malicious app, that can hose your phone or steal your info.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    03-25-13 12:08 AM
    Could be that you can just maybe store the application for reinstalling purposes. like how they did with the legacy OS otherwise I can't see BBRY allowing apps to run off from sd cards.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:13 AM
    I can not delete them I play these games Nova 3 1.7GB need for speed 800mb lets golf 1GB and so on. I need to moves theses games to sd card
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to play all of these games all at once.
    10GB should be enough for 4-5 major games + MANY smaller games.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-25-13 12:23 AM
    buy a gameboy or a playstation if u wanna play games...
    Alii.Hs7239 likes this.
    03-25-13 07:20 AM
    Well I'm glad you're sure you know better than the op how he wants to use his device... nobody has to do anything, obviously, but the op asked a legitamte question and a snide response isn't helpful
    zehkaiser and mjdimer like this.
    03-25-13 08:37 AM
    This issue boggles me.. granted I don't play games, and I get that they are a little bigger then some other the other apps due to the graphics and whatnot, but I have 11 pages of apps installed, loads of pictures, 5 email addresses synced, loads of attachments, extra ring tones, thousands of contacts.. you name it. And i'm sitting at 6.3GB used of my 16GB.. no complaints whatsoever over here..
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    03-25-13 08:49 AM
    Well I'm glad you're sure you know better than the op how he wants to use his device... nobody has to do anything, obviously, but the op asked a legitamte question and a snide response isn't helpful
    While I agree with you re the OP's legitimate question, in all fairness determining what is a "snide response" is both subjective and relative. Clearly, without the ability to save games to and run them from the SD, the OP will have to revisit the number of games stored and played on the Z10. I can't speak for Andrew but that was the thought that came to mind when as I read through the thread. Maybe it could have been worded differently but to say the response is "snide" suggests you are speaking with surety to the poster's intent.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-25-13 08:51 AM
    Running apps from an SD card is a security issue. I doubt they will ever allow it.

Imagine someone gets your phone and doesn't have your password. They could pop in their SD card with a malicious app, that can hose your phone or steal your info.

Thats a good point, but we do have the option to encrypt
    03-25-13 08:52 AM
    While I agree with you re the OP's legitimate question, in all fairness determining what is a "snide response" is not only very subjective but relative as it suggests you can speak with surety to the poster's intent. Clearly, without the ability to save games to and run them from the SD, the OP will have to revisit the number of games stored and played on the Z10. Can't speak for Andrew but that was the thought that came to mind when as I read through the thread.
    Definitely, as there is no other option at this point. But jumping into thread to tell someone what you're sure they do and don't need to do just seems rude. Just my opinion but I stand by it
    03-25-13 08:55 AM
    It's never going to happen

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:38 AM
    If you could save applications on an SD card, it means that the SD card could be a vector for executable binaries from unknown sources, or a way to allow rampant application piracy.

Not going to happen if BB10 doesn't want to become another Android.

Not to dismiss Android: as a phone owner it is nice to know you can do whatever you want with your phone and customise it to the extreme, even tweak the OS or install an image downloaded from unsupported sources.

But this level of customisation also makes the platform inherently insecure and very fragmented, making IT support a nightmare.

Also, I don't know what the deal is with Gameloft games, but I wonder why they are so huge. 1GB is A LOT of data, and that is a bit much for a car racing or golf game IMHO.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-25-13 11:11 AM
    If you could save applications on an SD card, it means that the SD card could be a vector for executable binaries from unknown sources, or a way to allow rampant application piracy.

Not going to happen if BB10 doesn't want to become another Android.

Not to dismiss Android: as a phone owner it is nice to know you can do whatever you want with your phone and customise it to the extreme, even tweak the OS or install an image downloaded from unsupported sources.

But this level of customisation also makes the platform inherently insecure and very fragmented, making IT support a nightmare.

Also, I don't know what the deal is with Gameloft games, but I wonder why they are so huge. 1GB is A LOT of data, and that is a bit much for a car racing or golf game IMHO.
    Yeah, it's not gonna happen. For rooting purposes its really nice on Android though
    03-25-13 11:24 AM
    Definitely, as there is no other option at this point. But jumping into thread to tell someone what you're sure they do and don't need to do just seems rude. Just my opinion but I stand by it
    Well, I apologize if my remarks sounded snide, I was simply trying to explain what others were saying about how you can delete games and reinstall them, by showing an example of how many games you could have at once.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-25-13 11:26 AM
    I'll chime in.

Given the excessive size of games for the Z10, I would also echo the OP's request
    Over 2GB for Nova installed, Asphalt heat is 1.3GB - heck, I hab one game installed ans only 7.8GBof free space - ah, I forgot, Osmand maps take another GB or so...

Given that games are identified as an individual category in BlackBerry world, I would not think it too difficult to allow games to be installed on the SD card.
    I do agree that applications on the SD card can be a security issue however for games only this should not be an issue. Maybe even require an encrypted card for this to work - which would then also identify the card to the device.

Alter alternatively, if the OS could be slimmed down that would help with space as well - the same is true for games and Nova got a lot smaller with the last (removed it since) .

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:34 PM
    Sure. Scam us some more for buying one. Man.
    03-25-13 02:21 PM

Chance I'm willing to take mm do give me the option when I've spent 650 on a machine.
    03-25-13 02:23 PM
    I don't think allowing apps to be moved to SDCard has any security threat not already possible if you lose your phone. Specially because you can select the SDCard to be encrypted.

I have just installed Nova NFS some Golf game etc and around 20 apps and my usable space on device is down it 4-5GB ! While my 16GB micro SDCard sits there idle. There is an option in setting saying 'save to sdcard by default' but it doesn't seem to save apps to sdcard just app data and media.

The only issue with apps on SDCard is that having usb mass storage mode is problematic if both your PC (connected through usb cable and mounting the SD Card as a drive) and your phone are accessing the SD Card at the same time and doing different operations.

That is why nexus device now have only MTP mode for accessing the device/sdcard storage. MTP has its own share of issues though.

Maybe somebody needs to write an app to make softlinks to app folders on the sdcard. Or BBRY needs to give us some option to save non essential apps/games to SD Card at least.
    03-26-13 02:06 AM
    Whilst I agree that there would be certain security risks with allowing apps / games to be saved to a memory card, I do actually think BlackBerry needs to find a 'solution' to problem of 16gb of on board storage not getting you very far (in some use cases). As many have pointed out you could be maxing out after downloading a few premium games. You'd have to imagine the issue will be exasperated with time as developers pack more and more into their games. Game sizes will only increase.

I understand the suggestion that some have made re deleting apps / games not being used (and re-downloading when needed) but I'm not sure how wise that is. I did that a few times on my PlayBook and got stung. If a developer changes the price and essentially re-lists the app / game then you will have to pay for it again to be able to download it. Paying for something twice does not make for a happy customer.

Having devices so near full capacity after only 2 months is not a good sign. It's bad for the user to not have the hardware support the way they want to use their device (which is not unreasonable by any means). I have already had to think twice about purchasing apps as I do not want to max out my device memory so early into its lifetime. That's money still in my pocket and not in the pocket of the developer because of hardware limitations.

Bigger and better apps will come and users thinking twice before downloading will not do BlackBerry World or the developers any favors. BlackBerry needs to find a solution or sales will suffer.
    03-26-13 05:42 AM
60 123