Apologies if someone has already covered this. It's a busy board these days. Is there a way to stop old twitter mentions showing up in the hub? I delete them then about half an hour later they turn up again. Just want to see new ones.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:57 PM
    Hi AWB70, it happen the first week I got my Z10 and then it stop!! But there BAAAACK, is also happening to my girlfriend!!!!! We are both with TMobile, spoke to them and they say is an OS issue...
    I guess we are just going have to wait for the FIX!
    04-10-13 09:00 PM
    Omg, I'm not alone! I keep deleting the same one and it just haunts me and returns.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:04 PM
    As I mentioned in another thread (ha ha, mentioned, no pun intended), since mentions are kind of "Public" posts on twitter by other people, you can't delete them. BlackBerry 10 simply checks to make sure the notification list matches to the twitter mentions list. Similar to how you cannot delete a mention from the twitter website, you can't really delete a mention because the next time the notifications check twitter for new mentions, it will notice a mention (that you deleted) is not present, and notify you again.

Likely no way around this and likely never to be a fix.(unless twitter makes a change to their APIs or the way mentions are pulled.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:29 PM
    Instead of deleting the mentions in the Hub. Just mark them as read. They will still be there, but won't show up as a new notifications.
    AWB70 likes this.
    04-11-13 06:47 AM
    That will do me for now. What worries me is if this is the case does that all your twitter mentions from day one of using twitter will be visible in the hub? Surely it will only go hack so far!
    04-16-13 05:13 PM
    If email only goes back 30 days then so should Twitter... or at least give users the option to select a time frame for mentions. I have mentions that are from 2 years ago showing up in the hub!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:32 PM
    I too am having this issue and while i understand what the above poster is saying about how you can't delete mentions technically, here is the thing...

BlackBerry Legacy OS prevented this issue by having mentions not aggregate individually in the message list, but rather, come as one message entry and then once you clicked it, twitter opened, and it auto purged the notification.

I would hope a new, smarter platform can figure out a smarter way to solve this annoyance. You CANNOT pass this off as working as intended...This is annoying as all heck.

~STV
    04-19-13 10:09 PM
    This is really annoying. It's needs fixing, does happen on my Sam note 2

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:39 AM
    Since updating to the new twitter twitter has stopped working for me. Anyone else having issues?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:23 PM
    Seems to be working now, I think I may have put the wrong password in but instead of warning me just wouldn't log in.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:33 PM
    Well i can delete twitter mentions just fine, (maybe because i turned them off in the twitter settings?)... What i'm having trouble with is getting notified when some people in my contacts posts a tweet...it appears on the hub and alerts me every time. I don't know how to turn it off.
    04-21-13 03:41 AM
    Well i exchanged my z10 today for another and now i'm also getting the repeated twitter mentions after deleting them... I guess i'll have to sideload ubersocial and hope it doesn't do the same.
    04-22-13 04:52 AM
    I installed the new twitter and it does the same. You can mark them all as read but if you then delete them they come back again as unread.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:04 AM