I attempted twice to install BlackBerry Link (101_b015_multilanguage.exe) on a Windows 7 PC and got the following error message: "The wizard was interrupted before BlackBerry Link could be completely installed." Please see the screen capture below. Has anyone who encountered this problem found a solution?

Cannot install BlackBerry Link on Windows 7 PC-link-installation-wizard.jpg
    03-23-13 01:06 PM
    Other users have encountered this issue. Do a search in the forum, it should be there. I'll look too and post a link if I find it. I think it extracts the files to a temp folder before installing and something is 'stuck' on your computer (to use a highly technical term). It obviously works with Windows 7, for the most part. The installer unzips to a temp file so that's most likely where the software is hanging...

EDIT: Try this:

From user aelann: "Click on Disk Cleanup - don't start it immediately - put checkmarks in front of the Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files, Temporary Files (very important) and click OK. This will cleanout the Temp Folder under your username. What might have happened is that the extract of the ZIP file from BBRY will not allow for overwrite of existing files."

After that, I'd redownload the Blackberry link software, and this time right-click and choose "run as administrator". Good luck.
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 01:29 PM
    I always perform a search before starting a new thread, but could only find one regarding an installation problem with a Mac. I would be grateful for the link if you find it.

Other users have encountered this issue. Do a search in the forum, it should be there. I'll look too and post a link if I find it. I think it extracts the files to a temp folder before installing and something is 'stuck' on your computer (to use a highly technical term). It obviously works with Windows 7, for the most part.
    ghost194 likes this.
    03-23-13 01:37 PM
    I would suggest that you download may be corrupt. Re download the software and try again.

Post your result.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 01:38 PM
    I would suggest that your download may be corrupt. Re download the software and try again.

Post your result.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:38 PM
    A reboot didn't solve this for you? It was all it took me when I had that issue. May wanna try to download the installer again.
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 01:40 PM
    Original thread link here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ws-8-a-778902/

It's for Windows 8, but should be the same for Windows 7. Post back either way. Cheers.
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 01:40 PM
    Before trying anything, it bears mentioning you should probably do a system restore point just in case.

One last thought: In Windows File Explorer go to your user temp folder. Assuming you did a plain vanilla Windows 7 install, you should have something similar. Obviously where I list YOURNAME, it will be your Windows username.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Delete everything in that folder. Empty the recycle bin. Make sure you've redownloaded the BB Link software. Reboot. Right-click the installer and choose "run as administrator".
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 01:50 PM
    You could try uninstalling any previous BlackBerry software (Desktop Software, Device Manager)
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 01:52 PM
    One more, if the above doesn't work. Download and install WinRar.

LINK: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

Right-click on 101_b015_multilanguage.exe and choose "Open with WinRar". Should give you an option to extract the files to a different location. I'd recommend a folder on your desktop (Blackberry Link Install or whatever). Then go into the extracted folder and right-click setup.exe and choose "run as administrator". If it's a previous install that's causing the problem, this should override it. I think.
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 02:27 PM
    I was able to install the Blackberry Link on a Windows 7 PC today without a hitch. Maybe I was just lucky?
    03-23-13 02:56 PM
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I tried them. Nothing worked --not even extracting the installation files to a different location with WinRAR. Every time the installation came to a point in which the following message appeared "Rolling back action" and the installation failed.
    03-23-13 04:39 PM
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I tried them. Nothing worked --not even extracting the installation files to a different location with WinRAR. Every time the installation came to a point in which the following message appeared "Rolling back action" and the installation failed.
    Sorry to hear! It's probably a Windows issue, but I'd suggest calling Blackberry Support:

NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 04:44 PM
    just a stupid Q but firewall anti virus software ? admin rights ?
    netnative likes this.
    03-23-13 04:51 PM
    I just tried disabling the firewall and the antivirus without success.

just a stupid Q but firewall anti virus software ? admin rights ?
    03-23-13 05:17 PM
    Does the installer say what it's doing at the point it rolls back?
    03-23-13 05:23 PM
    Not at that precise moment but the rolling back action begins after "Starting services."

Does the installer say what it's doing at the point it rolls back?
    03-23-13 05:28 PM
    I had this issue.
    Don't close the Window that says it's unpacking until after Link is installed

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:36 PM
    I did not press "X" on any of the Windows. I only pressed "Next" when prompted.

I had this issue.
    Don't close the Window that says it's unpacking until after Link is installed

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:13 PM
    Did you close any other programs once you started the installation?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:19 PM
    Not at that precise moment but the rolling back action begins after "Starting services."
    Maybe try a selective startup. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...-configuration

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:21 PM
    something connected to your usb ports during the installation ?
    03-23-13 06:24 PM
    No.

Did you close any other programs once you started the installation?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 09:12 AM
    Great suggestion. I tried deselecting all Services (other than Microsoft services) and all Startup items. But the installation did not complete. I am getting tired and frustrated.

Maybe try a selective startup. Run Selective Startup using System Configuration

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 09:17 AM
    There was: the USB connector providing power to the laptop fan. I tried the installation without it and also failed.

something connected to your usb ports during the installation ?
    03-24-13 09:22 AM
42 12