Hi, I know we're all loyal BB fans here, but I'm just curious what most people's close group of friends or colleagues think of your new Z10? Or even in general, about your continued loyalty to BB? I know it likely all depends too on where you're located so why not drop (generally) where you live at? I'm in the Halifax Canada and work in a relatively professional office environment with about 50 colleagues, and everyone has corporate BBs. I bought a new personal Z10 at launch and the reception honestly has been pretty positive, even amongst colleagues who have switched their personal phones to other devices. There's been some talk about the company's IT issuing non BBs in the near future and the consensus among many people is that they'd rather stick with the new BBs. Overall among my group of friends and co-workers, even those non-BB users, there really isn't that 'mocking' attitude toward using a Blackberry that I feel exists in some places. I think a lot of these people would readily consider sticking with (or moving back) to Blackberry.

So what about others? Are you the lone sheep among your crowd with your Blackberry? Do you get mocked for using it or are others open to sticking with or switching back to BB?
    03-22-13 10:24 PM
    I showed the Z10 to some of my friends few days back. Initially they were skeptical about it because of their bad experience with BB such as Storm 2. However, it turned out they really like the gestures embedded in BB10. They especially like the gesture to unlock the phone. One of them even decided to sell his 2 week old Nexus 4 to get the Z10 yesterday. More friends on BBM!
    03-22-13 10:35 PM
    Hi, I know we're all loyal BB fans here, but I'm just curious what most people's close group of friends or colleagues think of your new Z10? Or even in general, about your continued loyalty to BB? I know it likely all depends too on where you're located so why not drop (generally) where you live at? I'm in the Halifax Canada and work in a relatively professional office environment with about 50 colleagues, and everyone has corporate BBs. I bought a new personal Z10 at launch and the reception honestly has been pretty positive, even amongst colleagues who have switched their personal phones to other devices. There's been some talk about the company's IT issuing non BBs in the near future and the consensus among many people is that they'd rather stick with the new BBs. Overall among my group of friends and co-workers, even those non-BB users, there really isn't that 'mocking' attitude toward using a Blackberry that I feel exists in some places. I think a lot of these people would readily consider sticking with (or moving back) to Blackberry.

So what about others? Are you the lone sheep among your crowd with your Blackberry? Do you get mocked for using it or are others open to sticking with or switching back to BB?
    Among my friends I have always been the high tech guru. Only one has ever had a BlackBerry and that was a birthday gift from me. He claims he broke it and when he went to get it repaired he instead upgraded to an iPhone 4. He seemed embarrassed. I don't care what devices they use. I don't hang with people who are always playing with their phone. We're usually into other things. They are all blown away by the PlayBook but I had to caution them about buying one due to it's consumer shortcomings (which don't affect me). Still several of them got PlayBooks. A Few are heavily invested in the Apple Ecosystem. They haven't seen my Z10 yet. We'll see what their reaction is.
    03-22-13 10:37 PM
    I keep getting "My I Phone does that" then I show them the keyboard and the browser and the multitasking and the gestures and they become quiet very fast and then I have a hard time getting the phone back from them.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:41 PM
    ^^
    I get exactly that. And i show them the hub and just show how it easy it is to show what type if pending messages are waiting for them while using an app - no need to exit at all.

Friends just end up getting entangled in it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by proteinshake; 03-22-13 at 11:17 PM.
    03-22-13 10:45 PM
    My co-workers and an AT&T store employee were the only ones that saw me with a Z10. My co-workers were generally curious as to why I got a BlackBerry device. I'm known as an Android fan. I told them that I like to try all platforms. I'm met with a knowing look. As far as the phone they look at it and mostly check out the BlackBerry World and hand it back to me. They ask my opinion of it and then it pretty much ends at that point.
    03-22-13 10:57 PM
    Only the Best Buy employees (who couldn't stop molesting the damn thing), my uncle and sister have seen it. All were very impressed. My uncle even stated "I guess RIM isn't dead..." I am on break now, but when I go back to school, I'm sure a few people will take interest.
    03-22-13 11:54 PM
    So far all comments have been positive.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:04 AM
    They envy me because I got Z10. Some of my colleagues purchased Q5 which offers faster internet connection with same operating system but they like the flexibility offered by Z10. I had to give my iPhone and HTC away after getting this device.
    09-16-13 01:15 PM