Push To BlackBerry ($0.99)

[APP] Push To BlackBerry (i.e. send links from desktop browser to your phone)-1.png [APP] Push To BlackBerry (i.e. send links from desktop browser to your phone)-2.png [APP] Push To BlackBerry (i.e. send links from desktop browser to your phone)-3.png

Quickly send links from your desktop browser to your BlackBerry 10 device.

Just click the push button and the site you were browsing on your computer instantly appears on your BlackBerry 10 device!

Features:
    ✔ Uses BlackBerry Push Service
    ✔ ...and doesn't drain your battery excessively
    ✔ Automatically opens links...
    ✔ �and deletes them from your history if needed
    ✔ Downloads articles for offline viewing
    ✔ Share links with others from within the app

★ Make sure you download Google Chrome extension from the following link: http://j.mp/p2bb-chrome

Known issues and limitations:
    • offline mode currently works the best with articles as only the text from the site is fetched (something akin to Reader mode in built-in Browser)
    • fetched text sometimes has weird hieroglyphs, the issue is being worked on
    • due to a lack of proper support for background apps, you will have to tap through notifications if the app is closed and 'open immediately' setting is turned on 'open immediately' now defaults to 'on' for everyone and can't be turned off. notifications turned out not to be a problem at all in the end.
    • on the desktop, Chrome is currently the only supported browser, if you believe there's a need for another browser (Firefox anyone?) please do let me know Firefox is now supported as well, scroll down for more info.
    • it might take some time for the first link to find its way to your phone (a green rectangle in Chrome means it's on its way)

Also, if you have any questions, comments, ideas or bugs, just hit me an email/PM/twitter and we'll figure out something.

Price tag: $0.99
    Download from: BlackBerry World - Push To BlackBerry

PS It's a native app.
    Last edited by Josip Lisec; 05-14-13 at 06:26 PM. Reason: update app features
    03-22-13 07:45 PM
    Sounds good, I also quite often want to go the other way and 'open on PC'

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 07:50 PM
    Sweet. Was looking for something like this. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:30 PM
    @djenkins6: That's definitely something in consideration for future versions, it would be just so much easier if we had some sort of push notifications for the browser. Or desktop in general. Oh gosh, that would be awesome! Anyways, yes, it's in consideration

@andrewmcwhirter: Thanks! Let me know if you run into any troubles with the app!
    semime likes this.
    03-23-13 05:24 AM
    Is it possible to send from multiple chrome browsers (on multiple pcs, work, home, kitchen,..)?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:42 AM
    Is it possible to send from multiple chrome browsers (on multiple pcs, work, home, kitchen,..)?

Posted via CB10
    Short answer: No, not at the moment.
    Long answer: Technically it is but it's currently lacking the interface to support it. Will be available in next version. In the mean time, if you want you can PM me and I could add your other browsers manually.

Just a quick update regarding phone-to-desktop question from @djenkins6, it seems that Chrome Beta has support for browser push notifications (), or to put it in other words: P2BB will be able to send links from phone to desktop in the next (probably next+1) version.
    03-23-13 09:16 AM
    Now that I've used the app, I'm happy to report it works very well. It's great that I don't have to have the app running as an active frame for the website to be pushed to my phone! I get a system notification when a url has been pushed to my Z10, and can open it directly from the notification. Wonderful.

One suggestion I have: Allow the text to be increased/decreased for offline content.

Great job Josip.
    03-23-13 01:27 PM
    One suggestion I have: Allow the text to be increased/decreased for offline content.
    If we're on the same page here, I believe you should already be able to do that: just double-tap the screen when the offline content is on and a toolbar will appear at the bottom of the screen, when you're done just double-tap the screen again and it's gone. It looks something like this:
    [APP] Push To BlackBerry (i.e. send links from desktop browser to your phone)-img_00000006.png
    "Zoom in" and "Zoom out" buttons will then increase and decrease text size respectively. (I might need icons?)

And once again, thank you for your comment, it really means a lot!
    03-23-13 04:06 PM
    Great job. Very easy set up. Thanks.

Will right a review soon.
    Josip Lisec likes this.
    03-23-13 05:45 PM
    Ah, right you are. A double tap does bring up the menu. Thanks!

If we're on the same page here, I believe you should already be able to do that: just double-tap the screen when the offline content is on and a toolbar will appear at the bottom of the screen, when you're done just double-tap the screen again and it's gone. It looks something like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000006.png 
Views:	2788 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	143341
    "Zoom in" and "Zoom out" buttons will then increase and decrease text size respectively. (I might need icons?)

And once again, thank you for your comment, it really means a lot!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:57 PM
    Hi guys!

I have just finished working on the support for multiple browsers, but since I don't have access to a Dev B device anymore, I was wondering if there's anyone that would like to test out the new version? If you are, let me know in a PM!

Cheers,
    Josip
    03-31-13 12:37 PM
    I can help you test, send me a pm

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 12:48 PM
    Hi guys,

thanks to the help from @project_x and @abUdi4, the new version of the app can be now downloaded from the BlackBerry World (it might take some time for the updates to arrive to all carriers).

As I've mentioned in my last post, the new version brings support for pushing links from multiple browsers.

To manage your connected devices, go to Settings > Connected Devices, you will see a button there to add a new browser or delete an existing one. The set up procedure for adding new browsers is the same as it was with the initial one.

Know bugs and limitations of the new version:
    • when adding a new device, you might see a short screen flash while scanning the QR code, or in the worst case, you might have to scan it twice
    • after you add a new device, it won't show up immediately in the list of connected devices, you will have to tap 'back' and then tap 'Connected Devices' again

Also, please note that sending of the actual link to your phone is handled by BlackBerry's Push Notification Service and perhaps due to a new wave of BB10 users (wishful thinking) the service on some days works a bit slower than on the others. I'm sure BlackBerry people are giving their best to maintain somewhat constant response time.

Cheers,
    Josip

P.S. yes, "connected devices" means that soon you won't be limited to only pushing from a browser
    04-05-13 04:19 AM
    Is chrome required? Because that's one thing I want to keep off my personal pc.