Why does Z10 in Malaysia is without the LTE version ????
    03-22-13 07:10 PM
    Did you purchase from the carrier directly? If you did, then it's a question they would have to answer (why they chose to take the non LTE version). If you purchased it factory unlocked or from another source/carrier --> The STL100-1 is not LTE capable!
    03-23-13 07:14 AM
    Wow, didnt know Z10 comes in 2 different types. LTE and non-LTE support.
    03-23-13 12:25 PM
    Yes,the non LTE is by carrier, was tempted to trade my bb9900 for z10 but unfortunately found out the z10 in Malaysia is non LTE version. After reading so many good stuffs on Z10 by you guys. Would it be worthwhile for me to make the shift to Z10 even without the LTE ? P a crossroad !!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-23-13 07:35 PM
    Precisely. Malaysian telcos always try to "con" the public with expensive phones. Contract or no contract units, are so expensive. I am very sure the model 100-1 without LTE is much cheaper then the model 100-2 with LTE. Maxis is selling retail of RM 2,188.00 or in Singapore Dollar is S$ 875.00 about.

When I was in Singapore last week, I saw Singtel and M1 are selling the 100-2 Model which is 4G LTE for the price of about S$ 750. So now you see how much we in Malaysia get con by the telcos. Initially, we did not know that there is difference of LTE and non-LTE models. Now after reading online, now you realise that there is a difference.

In future, people should boycott Malaysian Telcos for providing less featured phones and more expensive than other countries. Look in US or other developed countries, for a plan of about US$ 75.00, you get the Z10 for free for 2 years contract. Here by Maxis, they sell you lesser and also take back from advance fees for line so which comes back to about the same as buying outright (Immediate Cost).

When the Q10 is launched in Malaysia, make sure to look for the model number on the box which if is 100-2 or perhaps LTE model.
    Also the software version of Z10 currently by Malaysian Telcos is 10.0.10.82. This version is already so called out dated as other telcos are already providing 10.0.10.90 and 10.0.10.99. I have checked with friends that these versions provides much longer battery output can stay up to the whole day.

Bottom line, just drive to Singapore and get a unit which you will be appreciative and you will keep on getting better software update and support.

Moral of the story, we need to survey and check thoroughly prior to buying sets in Malaysia as always you may get basic models.
    imadorkx likes this.
    04-04-13 03:58 AM
    Agree entirely. We Malaysians are being sucked dried all the way. Can't understand why Malaysian telcos choose to offer without Lte capability? Maybe they think that Malaysian will just accept whatever that is being offered. Will just wait then before jumping on the bandwagon. ...
    imadorkx likes this.
    04-04-13 04:14 AM
    Hi. Im from malaysia. The reason why we are not getting lte device is because its not yet compatible. Maxis only launched in KL in certain ares but only on broadband. Telco have to invest a lot to upgrade but then again they do no have a clear business plan or revenue plan on LTE. Then again yes we do get conned by our telcos here.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:30 AM
    You are very right. Maxis has not launch 4G in Malaysia. So once they are ready, they will come and ask you to change sim card which can read 4G network. So it is basically working backwords instead of phone being compatible with 4G, which under the network selection, you will be able to see 4G option.

The best is getting the ST 100-2 model anywhere in the world where it is already 4G LTE ready.

So guys when the Q10 comes out, don't jump into buying so fast especially in Malaysia prior to checking if its ST 100-2 model. I would rather take a drive to Singapore to buy it at cheaper price.
    04-05-13 02:31 AM
    Understand that blackberry is being distributed by a single supplier in Malaysia. Does that means all other Telcos in Malaysia will also be offering the Z10 without the LTE capability ? Then it will a very sad case that we Malaysian are being offered with such.......
    04-05-13 07:25 AM
    That will be most likely all telcos will be distributing brightstar sets.

Unless buy it from non telco shop and u will get imported sets which they order directly.
    04-05-13 08:14 PM
    The only country support LTE in South East Asia is singapore that's why they are selling stl100-2. Same with Indonesia we don't have LTE and telco only sell the 100-1.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:07 AM
    With Maxis launching LTE in Malaysia, can Z10 enjoy LTE if the phone is LTE enable ? Felt like Malaysian always being taken for a ride.... The moment Z10 launched that was not LTE enable and few weeks later they announced IPhone will LTE enable on their network ? So what happens to those who purchased the current batch that is not LTE enable ?
    04-29-13 08:25 AM
    Hi. Its supposed the user been educate with type of Z10 upon on purchasing. Never come across that they will be several model. Since Z10 is worth to wait for not mean the telco can take advantage on this. Do telco want to responsible on this? This is what I fighting for. And for d software nothing to do with it. Lol

I manage to get 10.1.0.237 on my STL 100-1. Much more smoother, less heating and do have add on and some new apps. A Lil bit happy now.

So guys, IF U WANT TO BUY Q10, PLEASE MAKE SURE IT'S A LTE MODEL.

Feel like been cheated with telco n so disappointed once I know my Z10 didnt support LTE even tho I stayed in LTE COVERAGE. Such a waste. Useless if they offer u to change SIM card with LTE OR PERHAPS THAT SIM CARD CAN HOOK THE 4G coverage while ur device hooking with 3G. Wut the point. Are they making joke on us?? Or think we are stupid????? Lol

Cheers!

24CA5C01

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 01:22 AM
    All users intending to go for Q10 just make sure to get LTE enable if you do intend to gey one .....

No more being conned ....
    05-13-13 08:34 AM
    No such thing as changing sim card to enable LTE. All 64 bits sim are LTE ready.

If you are on above 1 gig data plan n your device has LTE you will be automatically switch to it within the coverage

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:58 AM
    got mine without the contract. no lte but still love it though.
    07-06-13 07:14 PM
    No such thing as changing sim card to enable LTE. All 64 bits sim are LTE ready.

If you are on above 1 gig data plan n your device has LTE you will be automatically switch to it within the coverage

Posted via CB10
    I beg to disagree. Even if the chip is LTE enabled the plan should permit usage. In my case Maxis has been dragging it's feet fir over one month saying I am under the old BES. And hence they cannot allow 4G. I have a Q10 also and haven't even once see LTE on my signal bar. Maxis is still working out how not to look like a conman and working not to provide me with the LTE but find excuses while their senior managers bury their head in the sand!

My experience with the Maxis/Astro team is, unless you pounce on them, use all sorts of language they won't budge!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:29 AM
    Anand,

If u r using the old BES just request maxis to upgrade or reset ur account to the new Internet plan. As OS10 for blackberry use completely different method for their service delivery. A normal data plan will do the tricks. Assumption made based on u r on BES plan, assume some of your colleagues are still using OS7 devices,and hence the complication.

In short, OS7 or earlier devices mostly depending on carrier provider configuration. OS10 device u need not to subscribe BIS anymore as a normal data plan will gain you full blackberry service. The complication now is u r on BES plan, mean ur company hosting the enterprise service using the old platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:51 PM
    Anyone exploring the Z30? And looking at BlackBerry moving forward plan if any, would you go for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:12 AM
    I got my z30 already.. bought it from celcom without contract.. very good phone and u will love it, especially the dual speaker.. the only problem for me right now is finding casing for the phone.. maybe need to order it from overseas :/

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:10 AM
    Hi Din, how much did you pay without contract?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:06 AM
    I got it for RM1998.. also got free urbanears headphone.. the headphone quality quite good for everyday use..

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:40 AM
    Nice to know you are enjoying your Z30. I'm on Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:55 AM
    I'm almost getting q10 also.. the design so beautiful.. but I need bigger screen so decide to go for z30..

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:33 AM
    Thinking of getting Z30 too but I'm so on love with my white Z10. I think it's just the perfect size for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:21 AM
29 12