I am a Verizon customer but stopped by ATT to check out the z10(love the phone and the feel). I was kinda disappointed that there were no signs in the store for the phone and that the phone was in the furtherest corner of the store. I would have thought they would have been showing the phone more prominently than they were. I really hope that Verizon does a better job once they get them in the store to make the customer a little more aware.
    03-22-13 05:25 PM
    Activism by Education

I just spent this afternoon teasing myself at the local AT&T stores (I am a Verizon customer patiently waiting for the 28th). While I was at the stores, the representatives didn't know much about the phone. However, rather than storm out in disgust, I used it as an opportunity to show them around the device. After about 15 minutes, their tone changed from "who cares about the Z10?" to "Wow, that is pretty cool." While this my not change the world overnight, it can't hurt to try and influence the people who are going to be selling these phones to people all day. Spread the word, talk about it at work, home, with friends, and especially to the salespeople. There is strength in numbers.
    Also, one AT&T rep said that their own profit margins are better on the Z10 than the iPhone, so it can be a win-win.
    Lastly, I was very impressed after actually holding the phone in my hand. The people who have had the Z10 for awhile are telling the truth. The Z10 is the real deal.
    Mic_JP, tp2386, Umedon and 8 others like this.
    03-22-13 05:29 PM
    I had the same experience at my store. There was no signage at all and only one unit on display over in the Blackberry corner, they keep all the Blackerrys tucked in the corner like that. There was no signage even at the Blackberry rack to make it distinguishable at all from the other Berrys. If you weren't looking for it or asking about it, you'd never even notice it.

I will say, the guy who helped me seemed genuinely interested in it and enjoyed playing with it as he was setting it up. But that doesn't sell them.
    03-22-13 05:31 PM
    Activism by Education

I just spent this afternoon teasing myself at the local AT&T stores (I am a Verizon customer patiently waiting for the 28th). While I was at the stores, the representatives didn't know much about the phone. However, rather than storm out in disgust, I used it as an opportunity to show them around the device. After about 15 minutes, their tone changed from "who cares about the Z10?" to "Wow, that is pretty cool." While this my not change the world overnight, it can't hurt to try and influence the people who are going to be selling these phones to people all day. Spread the word, talk about it at work, home, with friends, and especially to the salespeople. There is strength in numbers.
    Also, one AT&T rep said that their own profit margins are better on the Z10 than the iPhone, so it can be a win-win.
    Lastly, I was very impressed after actually holding the phone in my hand. The people who have had the Z10 for awhile are telling the truth. The Z10 is the real deal.
    Yea, agreed. I took a moment to show the sales rep how to get around a bit. Partly so he could get it set up, partly so he didn't mess it up and partly so I could dazzle him a bit. He talked very good about it, so I wanted him to think good about it too. Maybe he will be better armed for the next sale with what I showed him. He was also very impressed with the "look" and "feel" of the phone too. It just doesn't look or feel like any other Berry. This thing is something else, something cool, something we can be proud to show off. It's about time!
    03-22-13 05:35 PM
    I sold a phone while I was in att picking mine up

Sent from the CB10 app!!!
    03-22-13 06:10 PM
    My local store had it tucked away IA corner too but the salesperson I dealt with was very positive about the phone. Overall it wasn't too bad

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 06:16 PM
    My local stores have absolutely nothing regarding the Z10. A little disappointing
    03-22-13 06:20 PM
    I did the same as the OP - I'm with VZW, but went to the local AT&T store to play with a Z10. The sales guy had a big tablet strapped to his arm (WTF?), and had to ask someone else where the Z10 was. They said, sure enough, "In the corner over there". So I followed tablet-guy to the corner, and watched as he picked up a Sony somethingoranother phone. After he messed with it for a few seconds, I pointed out that it said "Sony" across the top and probably wasn't a blackberry, and he looked around and then saw the Z10 about 5 phones down the row. So I finally got to hold a Z10, but it was set up as a demo unit - you could scroll through the various talking point screens, but nothing else worked - camera, phone itself, nada. Gestures to look at hub & stuff did nothing. All you could do was swipe sideways for the different talking points. I commented on how thin and light it felt, and he replied that "They tried to model it after the iPhone." I thanked him for his time and left after that, feeling like a crackhead who was sold a "rock" of soap - still jonesing for my high, and bitterly disappointed.

This is gonna be a long two weeks waiting for Verizon....
    lorax1284 likes this.
    03-22-13 06:31 PM
    Wow... seems ridiculous. But when a new iPhone is out, they have banners and flashing bright lights on their windows.
    angad7.10 likes this.
    03-22-13 06:45 PM
    People, People, you have to realize that Blackberry did this to themselves, they haven't had a new product in two years and the folks who used to use and sell their products have since moved on to other popular devices. That's reality, you may not like it but that's just buisness.

Now we have to rebuild the Blackberry name and be the ones who get folks to realize that the z10 is a great product and get the past and future blackberry customers to realize we are back and will support the new products. This will take time.

I have also have shown the folks at the stores my z10 and demonstrated its features and answered questions and they are very open and amazed at what the device can do.

I was an AT&T store today to pick up a case for my friends iPhone 5 and ended up demoing the z10 for a couple of young folks looking at it in the corner. The store ended up with a sale for two new z10's and that made my day. Now that's a positive note for us Blackberry users.

Now get out there, spread the word and promote the z10, this is better then some sign, the user experience.

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM, xBURK, DawnMills and 2 others like this.
    03-22-13 07:19 PM
    Wow... seems ridiculous. But when a new iPhone is out, they have banners and flashing bright lights on their windows.
    With an extra 0.0005" screen real estate and super duper retina display, and now even lighter!!!

Then before you know it the "S" comes out, which is just practically the same thing, with added "specs"

And the reviews are off the chart. Damn apple did it again! They so goooood.

Edit: Sorry I'm tired and irritated by all this bias non sense.
    03-22-13 07:43 PM
    iSheep are attracted to flashing lights.

ErinnM likes this.
    03-22-13 08:02 PM
    I stopped by two AT&T corporate stores today. Although I didn't see large banners advertising the Z10, the device was set up quite nicely in one. In the other, they had just gotten around to playing with it and were in the process of setting up the display unit. There was no ill will from any of the employees regarding the device. The most negative thing that was said was that, "It's a nice looking device that feels great. But it's still BlackBerry; it will probably need a little time to see if it is a step in the right direction."

I don't blame any of the carriers for a lack of initiative on their part in selling the device. BlackBerry needs to push the device, get the consumers on board, and the carriers will follow suit.
    03-22-13 08:10 PM
    Well, no special display at the local AT&T store and the store attendants were a-holes, but I was happy to get to finally play with the z10! Phone is fast, fluid, and the few features I got the try out worked very well. My wife managed to get it out of demo mode via a few lucky swipes. Can't wait to get my white z10 from verizon next friday!
    03-22-13 08:28 PM
    Same in my local store. The Z10 was tucked away in the corner, as far away from the door as possible. No signs, flashing lights, or holy light from heaven shining down upon it.

Had I not known about the Z10 going in, I doubt I'd have found it just wandering around looking at phones. They did have a nice spread of Windows phones right by the door, which surprised me.

Sales rep was friendly, though seemed a bit nervous about selling the Z10. He asked if I've done any research and if I was familiar with the gestures, which he offered to show my wife and I. He did spend some time talking about the lack of gorilla glass and how the display dies when it cracks, contrasting that with the iPhone, which I thought a bit odd as he'd already started setting up our new phones. You'd think that was to sell us the insurance, but I had already said that I wanted it.
    03-22-13 08:32 PM
    It's great to hear the USA perspective. Very interesting reading about your adventures today. I, like many others are worried about how BlackBerry is going to change the tide down there? Nice to read how you actually changed the mood of some of the sales reps. It's going to take time for sure. It's key that BlackBerry spends most of there advertising money in your country. Plus, many people like you would help greatly.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:46 PM
    03-22-13 09:06 PM
    Notice anything?
    Other than the fact that the Z10 is the second "panel" of the central flash display on the AT&T site, not really. Well, that, and AT&T calls the Z10 intelligent, and will never say anything even CLOSE to that about an iPhone. Hahaha
    03-22-13 09:11 PM
    With an extra 0.0005" screen real estate and super duper retina display, and now even lighter!!!

Then before you know it the "S" comes out, which is just practically the same thing, with added "specs"

And the reviews are off the chart. Damn apple did it again! They so goooood.

Edit: Sorry I'm tired and irritated by all this bias non sense.
    Lmao... where does Apple get all these smarts from? We'll never know! I already went out to buy my tent so I can wait outside of Best Buy on launch day!
    03-22-13 09:13 PM
    The Z10 display was on the other side of the iPhones in my store.. but at least not mixed amongst the Android trash. The issue I have with the display was the demo software Blackberry had on it. The software didn't actually let you use the phone. You could sore of test the keyboard and a mock hub within the demo app.. But you couldn't exit that app. It was completely unituitive and does the Z10 NO favors. I wouldn't even have walked out of the store with a Z10 if the sales representative didn't go find someone who had been using it and bring it out to me. He did know a lot about the device.. but the demo software completely kills the phone.
    03-22-13 09:18 PM
    Is this normal for AT&T to NOT throw their support behind a non-Apple/Samsung phone?

I've been reading all sorts of stories of people walking into AT&T stores and not seeing anything special to let people know that it's a launch day. Additionally, to rub some more salt into the wound, the staff at these stores have no idea how to use and sell the phone. I also recognize that some of our Crackberry brothers/sisters have had good experiences - but, those seem to be far and few between.

I also read somewhere that the Lumia 920 got the same sort of lame treatment as well. I suppose that's strangely comforting knowing that Blackberry isn't being singled out Oh, forgot, I'm Canadian so I've never been in a AT&T store (... or any US carrier store for that matter) during a significant smartphone launch.
    03-22-13 09:34 PM
    Demo software doesn't work. Playbook suffered from that at staples stores. Nothing today at our store today either.
    03-22-13 09:34 PM
    I sold a phone while I was in att picking mine up

Sent from the CB10 app!!!
    "Word of mouth" seems to work! I converted two iPhone 5 owners while mine was getting set up! I was shocked that there weren't any ads or posters in the window, and one little unit hidden away. However, as I was leaving the ATT store, it was getting crowded, and I heard people asking for the new BlackBerry.
    03-22-13 09:44 PM
    03-22-13 11:49 PM
    Yeah...you can Buy the Z10 from ATT, but only Pre-Order from Verizon.

ATT always has $.99 deals and UVerse things as a priority on their page. Verizon doesn't need to push a cable/internet/phone service AND mobile network, so UVerse is nosing its way in to local areas and needs all the marketing it can get. The $.99 phones are always on top. Z10 was there for the first couple days of Pre-Orders, til they were backordered.
    03-22-13 11:59 PM
32 12