Based upon reports here from potential Z10 customers entering multiple stores around the country and getting unenthusiastic responses from Sales Agents; the WSJ article claiming At&T's apparent lack of enthusiasm for the Z10 and heavily pushing the iphone; no visible advertising FROM AT&T about the launch of the Z10.....it seems they've given little or no support to the Z10.

In Kevin's interview of Thorstien, Mr Heins claimed carrier support was good and they wanted to break up the duopoly of Apple and Android....that isn't the vibe I am getting today. The question is why? Any additional information anyone can share to explain the lack of action by AT&T on the Z10 launch would be insightful.

P.S. Did anyone get an email from AT&T about the launch of the z10? I can't remember if i did.
    03-22-13 04:17 PM
    This is going to sound very ironic, but I just got an e-mail from AT&T regarding the release of the Z10.

But in my opinion, with no actual backing, carriers may want to break up the duopoly between Apple and Android, but a lot of it has to do with consumer awareness as well as the sales representatives and stores who work with customers, selling devices, as well as creating and upgrading contracts to meet quotas.
    03-22-13 04:33 PM
    As the good Lord as my witness almost FIVE minutes after posting this post, I get my FIRST email about AT&T's launch of the Z10...LOL!!! Good job AT&T....5:35 PM on launch day I finally get my FIRST email from you about the Z10....WOW!!!
    Snap51 likes this.
    03-22-13 04:34 PM
    **** AT&T .... they can screw themselves.
    they're all Iphone marketing sheep...
    03-22-13 04:36 PM
    This is going to sound very ironic, but I just got an e-mail from AT&T regarding the release of the Z10.

But in my opinion, with no actual backing, carriers may want to break up the duopoly between Apple and Android, but a lot of it has to do with consumer awareness as well as the sales representatives and stores who work with customers, selling devices, as well as creating and upgrading contracts to meet quotas.
    this, AT&T may want to but that doesn't mean the sales staff will push the product, people push what they have and what they prefer not what they are told to push. if AT&T hasn't properly trained their staff or they are just ignorant and refuse to be open to it then they won't push the device
    dee. likes this.
    03-22-13 04:37 PM
    this, AT&T may want to but that doesn't mean the sales staff will push the product, people push what they have and what they prefer not what they are told to push. if AT&T hasn't properly trained their staff or they are just ignorant and refuse to be open to it then they won't push the device
    THIS^^^ I spoke two weeks previous with a Verizon sales agent and he said their agents would get TWO Weeks of training before they launched the phone at the end of March....that sounds like a company that CARES and gets it.
    03-22-13 04:41 PM
    NO carrier is being even remotely supportive of the devices. . .T-Mobile has the HTC One plastered all over their site and it's weeks to months away from being available while I have to search to find the Z10 and it is allegedly a week from being made available. . .BRRY needs to wake up and start advertising as if the carriers won't. It makes no sense. . .BRRY'ss only hope is that smartphone penetration somehow doubles in one year in the markets that it still has a decent user base. . all this duopoly stuff is garbage. . .how is this "duopoly" hurting the carriers again?
    Stephen Cooper likes this.
    03-22-13 05:01 PM
    Yes, I received mine a few hours ago. Really!?!?

Also check my post in the I got my Z10 thread. The reps in the store were idiots.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 05:01 PM
    I think AT&T has some the exclusive for the Nokia Lumia 920. That is the first phone you come to when you enter the store I went to. The BBRY is at the far end of the store, but at least on the same line as most of the phones. And it is by the cashier. It looks fine. But it isn't being pushed. If you got Verizon Wireless home page, the Z10 is getting first billing for the pre-order.
    I think we might know who put the 1 million device order.
    03-22-13 05:08 PM
    Yes, I received mine a few hours ago. Really!?!?

Also check my post in the I got my Z10 thread. The reps in the store were idiots.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T is PLASTERING iphone Ads ALL OVER the NCAA Tournament....the only Z10 ads running are from BB....NO support whatsoever from AT&T that I can see. Very unprofessional!
    03-22-13 05:08 PM
    Why would anyone want AT&T to email them?
    03-22-13 06:06 PM
    Why would anyone want AT&T to email them?
    AT&T like other major carriers gather emails of their customers and they also specifically set up a page for the Z10 and claimed they would update people interested in the Z10 with more details about the launch.

Well, they sent out their very first email about the Z10 at 530 Eastern Time on Launch Day....unbelievable. How come they couldn't have provided more details a weeks previous? Why not promote the launch day? Why not talk about on-line orders? NOT ANYTHING. That is ridiculous.
    03-22-13 08:39 PM
    I posted on another thread that I stopped in to a corporate T-Mobile store after dinner today. They had no banners, no ads and no display phones. The sales rep said he thought they were getting the phone next Wednesday. I don't think a lot of people on here realize how far BlackBerry has fallen in the US in the last few years. I honestly think that you will have to aggressively seek out a Z10 to get one here. Their reputation here has taken a huge beating. I don't think many people are willing to give them a second thought
    03-22-13 08:46 PM
    There was zero ziltch nada advertisement at the AT&T in queens ny, but the one associate who helped me was very excited. (maybe because she was getting a sale cause it was a slow morning)

Also AT&T is running a contest for their associates. most sales get a new z10 so they should be pushing it don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:48 PM
    NO carrier is being even remotely supportive of the devices. . .T-Mobile has the HTC One plastered all over their site and it's weeks to months away from being available while I have to search to find the Z10 and it is allegedly a week from being made available. . .BRRY needs to wake up and start advertising as if the carriers won't. It makes no sense. . .BRRY'ss only hope is that smartphone penetration somehow doubles in one year in the markets that it still has a decent user base. . all this duopoly stuff is garbage. . .how is this "duopoly" hurting the carriers again?
    I noticed that @Tmobile is constantly Tweeting about Blackberry. At the very least there is some Blackberry excitement there. Take a look at @ATT and you will find almost no tweets about BB, if you can get through all the customer compaints.
    03-23-13 09:33 AM