Why do we constantly need people telling us to use the browser every time someone requests an app? Many apps have more functionality than the mobile sites. There is a reason people are asking for apps!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:44 PM
    More and more, it would seem that they arent. I'm sure most of them are... for now. The twitter app / mobile interface are almost identical, and with browsers becoming more and more established, I see this trend continuing. It would certainly be far more cost effective to have one team that programs a robust html5 mobile page then 2 or 3 dedicated departments for each ecosystem.
    03-22-13 04:06 PM
    And then you hit server load issues. Facebook tried this with their app but now rewrote it to be a native Ios app. The native app is much faster

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:38 AM
    And then you hit server load issues. Facebook tried this with their app but now rewrote it to be a native Ios app. The native app is much faster

Posted via CB10
    Server load issues shouldn't be a significant issue since it has to get information from the server either way. In Facebook's case, is it really that significant that people are having to reload the logo and a couple of kbs of code while they're anyways loading a bunch of statuses and photos and such? If I remember correctly the actual problem was that Facebook couldn't get HTML to run smoothly on iOS, which isn't a problem for BB10.
    03-24-13 04:58 PM
    I prefer native apps too. Mobile versions via the browser is budget.
    03-24-13 07:02 PM
    Think it just depends on what you are use to...for sites on the net...facebook.. twitter etc I only use the browser.... as this is how I do it on the computer...
    03-24-13 08:04 PM