Okay, this is my argument to get Kevin to call up Leo Laporte on TWIT (This Week In Tech). I'll post a link below. I don't know why Leo soured on Blackberry the last year or two , but he really has and it drives me nuts. He does have some major influence over the market for phones in the U.S. Here's why his argument makes me nuts:

One thing Leo mentions is that he dislikes that all these TV companies, etc. make apps to use their stuff because you have to buy the App first and it makes your content limited to them while you are viewing it. Meanwhile he discusses that the Blackberry phones are inferior because they have less apps. So the two problems with his logic? 1. Blackberry hgas worked hard to make the browser work well so you need less apps, and 2. Since you can sideload many Android apps, the Blackberry phones are clearly not so lacking when compared to the Android App volume.

He also hated the Playbook because there was no way to use email at first, while also arguing that everyone should be on Gmail because it's safest as you can access it in a browser.

I think we need Kevin to go on his show and advertise all the amazing features of BB10 and get Leo on our side! Who's with me?

The Tech Guy | with Leo Laporte
    03-22-13 11:34 AM
    Send Leo an E-mail and challenge him, then.
    03-22-13 11:45 AM
    I am with you. I cringed when he was dissing the z10 last week or two. I certainly learn a lot from him. But when my neighbors asked me for backup advice I said Leo really likes Carbonite. Well when it turned into a mess, I ended up supporting it. It took five days to restore their ~15gig over a DSL line. So not everything he recommends is so good. But let's get Kevin on there, maybe he could point out z10 strengths. Like the pleasure of using a gesterized flow oriented device.
    03-22-13 11:49 AM
    Did you see his review of the Z10? He made a number of comments that were extremely frustrating. He said the app count was "anywhere between 50,000 to 100,000 depending on who you asked." What? It's 100,000! When did that become a disputable figure? He then added that Netflix and "most of the big apps" are not available. He made no mention of the Android runtime. He said that it doesn't do true multi-tasking, just a hybrid form of mult-tasking. What? His review made zero mention of the camera's time shifting features. He stated that BB will always be a distant fourth in the market behind Windows Phone. Finally, based on the way he clumsily fumbled with the device, it looked like he spent very little time with it. Frustrating.
    03-28-13 06:33 AM
    Who is Kevin?
    03-28-13 06:39 AM
    Who is Leo?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:42 AM
    Who is Kevin?
    Seriously?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:15 AM
    Seriously?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, OP is naming a "Kevin". I know two "Kevins" IRL but I doubt you mean these (and hope you dont). Is it asked to much to be filled in with who we are talking about? I would not have asked OP had said "Obama" or "Bill Gates", you know.
    03-28-13 07:37 AM
    I used to watch him all the time, until I heard him say the PlayBook was just crap. I lost a lot of respect for him there. Sure it needs some improvements, but it's not crap, especially at the low price.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:41 AM
    Kevin, as in CrackBerry Kevin, as in the main person plastered all over this site. It's kind of hard to be on here and not know who CrackBerry Kevin is.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:44 AM
    Kevin, as in CrackBerry Kevin, as in the main person plastered all over this site. It's kind of hard to be on here and not know who CrackBerry Kevin is.

Posted via CB10
    Not hard at all. I have been reading and contributing to this forum since a few weeks now and never noticed an excessive mention of him. From your "description" I take it that Kevin is the person owning this forum?
    03-28-13 07:47 AM
    Ok, yes by Kevin I meant the one who runs Crackberry.com. I emailed Leo a challenge so we'll see if he responds.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:59 AM