Is anyone else using touchdown as a mail client on the new Z10, and are you having any issues with it? Mine seems to not open all of the time. If I open the application it will just go to a black screen and just sit there. It is an android app ported over so maybe it is an issues with the android emulator or something. Any information would be good.

Thanks,
    Scott
    03-22-13 11:26 AM
    Don't bother with that one. Apparently someone has pirated the app from the android market and put it out there. Will be gone soon when the original authors find out about this. And of course you never know what else has been mucked with in the app, so it is even possible your login credentials are being sent to china.

Is anyone else using touchdown as a mail client on the new Z10, and are you having any issues with it? Mine seems to not open all of the time. If I open the application it will just go to a black screen and just sit there. It is an android app ported over so maybe it is an issues with the android emulator or something. Any information would be good.

Thanks,
    Scott
    03-22-13 06:29 PM
    Hiya Guys,

the original Authors just found out.

I'm the COO of NitroDesk.

I've just reached out to our internal folks at BlackBerry for action on this.

Thanks so much for looking out for it GST.

Cheers!

Ron Goins
    NitroDesk Inc.
    03-22-13 06:41 PM
    Well, just lovely. I had downloaded this app, and had submitted a helpdesk (Mar. 24th) ticket to NitroDesk when it wouldn't synchronize my contacts/calendar/notes, etc. It was only synchronizing my inbox. The response I received was "Where and how was this program downloaded?" Since then I haven't see anything else. A response of, "The program you have downloaded is not ours, it is a pirate" would have been nice.

I've removed the app and changed my password...Glad I didn't buy it now.

A little (a lot actually) disappointed in the Blackberry World vetting process now.

Now I'll have to see if any of my co-workers have grabbed this.
    Last edited by Ravenkind; 03-29-13 at 05:03 PM.
    03-28-13 09:58 AM
    Well, just lovely. I had downloaded this app, and had submitted a helpdesk (Mar. 24th) ticket to NitroDesk when it wouldn't synchronize my contacts/calendar/notes, etc. It was only synchronizing my inbox. The response I received was "Where and how was this program downloaded?" Since then I haven't see anything else. A response of, "The program you have downloaded is not ours, it is a pirate" would have been nice.

I've removed the app and changed my password...Glad I didn't buy it now.

A little (a lot actually) disappointed in the Blackberry World vetting process now.

Now I'll have to see if any of my co-workers have grabbed this.
    hello everyone,

i'm happy to say that the full (legal) version of TouchDown is available in Blackberry World.

Yes, it's a port from the android version, but it's extensively tested and has all the features people have some to expect from TouchDown.

Our support folks are now ready to help you get things sorted if any issues should arise. You can ping them at [email protected]

We certainly want to know what you think and if you have any suggestions on how to improve this for a better BB experience.

Cheers!

Ron
    04-03-13 08:29 PM