Hi Everyone,
    I have been waiting patienly for months now for the new Bold. At the start I used to get my hopes up, thinking that I would be using my phone next week, then it was the week after, then another week, etc.. Now months later I'm still waiting for the Bold.

I know (now) that ATT is a pathetic company, which apart from being the last retailer on the planet to release the bold, it is also in the same country as the Blackberry makers, namely RIM.

So apart from having a winge that ATT sucks, I wanted to know if anyone has any idea when the phone is being released?

Please do not reply if you know someone, who works for someone, who lives with someone, who overheard someone at ATT chatting and they 'know for a fact' that the Bold is being released soon.

Just cold hard facts please.

Thanks,
    Michael.

P.S. Thanks for letting me have a rant here about how much ATT sucks!
    10-03-08 10:41 AM
    There are no "cold hard facts" only rumors. The people that do know for sure are not telling.
    10-03-08 10:48 AM
    We appreciate rants here!! So with that being said I have to tell you about my baby mothers sisters gardeners boss' nephews' lawyer to her ex boyfriends' cousin who is currently jailed in Rikers Island said that the bold will be coming out soon!! LOL Cheer up when AT&T gets it, it will be the press product out.
    10-03-08 10:50 AM
    AT&T=USA, RIM=Canada

we are all pretty frustrated with the delays. some of us impatient people have paid a big premium and bought unlocked Bolds elsewhere. If you simply can't wait any longer I'd encourage you to go that rout. It shouldn't be too much longer, but nobody has any facts as to when.
    10-03-08 10:51 AM
    Hi Again,
    Sorry for being uninformed about the facts. I was so into the election that I was beginning to believe that McCain invented the Blackberry..
    Hehe
    10-03-08 10:54 AM
    We all know a certain President still can't point to 'Iraq' on a map but don't make it worse. USA still has only 50 states, and Ontario Canada is not one of them.
    10-03-08 11:10 AM
    T-mobile branded bold?
    I was curious about the otterbox cases on their bold cases page I saw this a pic of a bold with tmobile branding. I can't post a link apparently because I have too few posts...
    10-03-08 12:26 PM
    Do what I did, buy a unlocked one, move it to AT&T, take the bottom piece off with the branding of the other carrier, then use and be happy. Sell it when AT&T releases it ( if you desire ) and buy an AT&T branded ( if you desire ). My bet is that the javelin will mop up sales on the bold once they are both in circulation... but that is just a guess.
    10-03-08 12:47 PM
    I know (now) that ATT is a pathetic company, which apart from being the last retailer on the planet to release the bold, it is also in the same country as the Blackberry makers, namely RIM.
    Your rant just lost most of it's credibility to me right there. As others have pointed out, RIM is located in Canada. And last time I checked, Canada and the USA haven't merged into one Canada is still America's hat.

The fact of the matter is that AT&T's quality control when it comes to device testing is very strict (some say too strict) when it comes to approving a device for public release. It will deny devices for tiny issues that other providers ignore and fix in a later firmware upgrade.

I won't bother pointing out other reasons because there is no reason for you or anyone else to believe a word of what any of us are saying. Until Ralph De La Vega himself comes public and says "The Bold will be on sale in stores on X/X", everything is going to be assumed as rumor that was told to us by my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

If you really want one, buy an unbranded one or an unlocked Rogers unit. They're widely available. Otherwise, just be patient
    10-03-08 12:51 PM
    Check out the thread in the "News & Rumors" section...I cannot link to it.
    10-03-08 01:11 PM
    Yea- Itll be released.

Pretend it'll be out September 2010.

This way, if it comes out beforehand, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

If your fiending THAT bad- buy it on eBay.
    10-03-08 01:15 PM
    att doesnt suck. you do. wait or buy one now.

simple as that. theres a crapload of people here that have one. running unlocked on tmo or att and everything works fine. there are lots of reputable sellers out there. do your homework. stop getting everything handed to you.
    10-03-08 01:48 PM
    If you want to cry that much, then NO its not releasing, go buy an iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 01:48 PM
    Your rant just lost most of it's credibility to me right there. As others have pointed out, RIM is located in Canada. And last time I checked, Canada and the USA haven't merged into one Canada is still America's hat.
    Some still can't come to terms with the fact that Canada is the second largest nation and USA is third in line.
    10-03-08 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD