I've only done OTA installs since I've had my blackberry, but a lot of stuff I want only has zips! How do you do this? Do you just unzip it to a folder then deal with the application thing on desktop manager

I could probably figure it out but I don't want to screw anything up....

If someone could give me a how to- I'd be very excited! Thanks.
    10-03-08 09:12 AM
    I created a folder called My Documents / My Downloads. I download the zip or exe file to there, then unzip it and let it create its directory structure there. That makes it easy to navigate to the right directory with the App Loader. You won't screw anything up, as long as you can do that.
    10-04-08 11:13 PM
    i don't think you can do it. i've never been able to do it.
    10-07-08 01:24 PM
    i don't think you can do it. i've never been able to do it.
    Download the zip file to your PC, unzip it there, and install the app on the BlackBerry using the App Loader. There's no reason to download a zip to a BlackBerry.
    10-07-08 01:31 PM
    Unzipping a file is simple with Windows. Right click on the package and select Extract all.

There is a complication. In addition to BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you will also need to download and install a copy of your carriers current OS package.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    10-07-08 02:14 PM
    I went through the desktop manager and it said there were no apps that worked with my blackberry even though there were 2 downloaded. I'm confused.
    11-03-08 07:29 PM
    I went through the desktop manager and it said there were no apps that worked with my blackberry even though there were 2 downloaded. I'm confused.
    See the post by Reed McLay, immediately before yours. He tells you what you need to do. The error message you're getting is because you don't have your device OS installed on your PC. That's what Reed is talking about in his post.
    11-03-08 09:02 PM
    So, would you consider this a useless app?

http://crackberry.com/introducing-zi...our-blackberry
    11-04-08 07:42 AM
    ok I am getting the same message and I have downloaded the 4.5 OS to my BBP8100. It is not the official download sine TMobile hasn't released it yet, it is the Vodaphone East Asia one that I got from here. Everything download perfectly and is working beautifully, so what am I doing wrong??
    11-04-08 09:59 AM
    ok I am getting the same message and I have downloaded the 4.5 OS to my BBP8100. It is not the official download sine TMobile hasn't released it yet, it is the Vodaphone East Asia one that I got from here. Everything download perfectly and is working beautifully, so what am I doing wrong??
    It's not sufficient to download the OS. You have to install it on your PC. See the post by Reed McLay above.
    11-04-08 10:11 AM
    The files you are downloading...are you sure they are for your specific device model and OS? It should be as easy as download it to where you want. Then right-click and extract all. Then hook the berry to the computer and start desktop manager. Run app loader and browse for files. Ive never had an issue and I dont have the OS installed on my machine either.

Sorry dont wanna seem like im steppin on ya Jeff.
    Last edited by rlp32; 11-04-08 at 10:16 AM.
    11-04-08 10:13 AM
    That application is to MAKE zip files on your berry and store them to take up less room on the internal memory or your SDcard. You can still access the files but you can't install files from them, if you're trying to hold like other applications / themes, etc on the card or internal memory. If you're also trying to do that, like leave the ZIP files the apps or games come in on your device, you'll also need the Azurs (sp?) program which allows you to INSTALL applications / games / themes on your device from your SDcard while its installed. That eliminates the need for direct desktop connections to install ONLY 3rd party applications / games / themes. KEEP IN MIND YOU CANNOT RUN THE APPLICATIONS OR INSTALL THEM TO THE CARD USING THAT PROGRAM, ALL IT ALLOWS YOU TO DO IS TO INSTALL THEM FROM THE CARD TO THE DEVICE!!
    11-04-08 10:18 AM
    It's not sufficient to download the OS. You have to install it on your PC. See the post by Reed McLay above.
    I realized that I didn't download it to the PC after reading Reed's post, so I did that, still no cigar, what am I still not doing right? I'm still getting the message no applications found for this device.

Forgive me, I'm a newbie crackberry head
    11-04-08 10:20 AM
    Ok...to make sure I'm not missing something here...what is it your trying to download? Pm me the link since you cant post urls yet.
    11-04-08 10:45 AM
    This problem has been solved with the help of rlp32 these are the instructions given to me and it worked like a charm.

Ok, this should be working for you. But lets try this. Download the sive file again and save it to your desktop. Then right click on it and select extract all...its going to ask you where to extract it to. Extract it to your desktop. Plug in the blackberry and start desktop manager (run as admin if using vista) and go to application loader...browse for the file on the desktop and see what that does. Oh...one more thing. The 4.5 you have..is it an official release? If not go to my computer/program files/common files/app loader and delete the vendor.xml file.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
    11-04-08 02:04 PM
    Your welcome. Glad it worked for you. BTW, welcome to Crackberry!
    11-04-08 02:19 PM
    I Need Help!! I downloaded a theme zip file directly do my BB, and now I can't find it on my phone??? I think it was supposed to be on my SD Card, but I just can't find it! Anyone have an idea of where it might be/how I (an inexperienced BB user) might be able to find it?
    11-18-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD