We spoke to a Tmo guy yesterday at the mall and this is what he had to say...
    Tmo, as of Sept. 12 is 3G, and will NOT be getting the Javelin, we will be getting The Bold. Within this month or next the Pearl flip will also be in stores for purchase.

We also mentioned this site, and he also uses it, because he told us to download the 4.5 and that will give us the Bold (software).

So, there you have. Tmo is 3G, Tmo will also be coming out with the very first G1.

Oh, he also let us know (he himself will be doing this) that since Tmo will have 3g we can get the Storm, just go to blackberry website and purchase it, it will come ready for tmo and have the sim slot. whoo hoo!
    10-03-08 08:42 AM
    say it ain't so! I was gearing up for the javelin. I'm not going to ATT so tmobile was the carrier to go with.
    10-03-08 08:44 AM
    Well, just a case of another clueless rep - Tmo indeed will be getting the Javelin, we just don't have dates yet. Again, I wish people wouldn't take to heart everything every single rep has to say.. Especially at a store in a mall.
    10-03-08 08:45 AM
    Well, just a case of another clueless rep - Tmo indeed will be getting the Javelin, we just don't have dates yet. Again, I wish people wouldn't take to heart everything every single rep has to say.. Especially at a store in a mall.
    The first thing that let's you know that rep has no clue is them saying download the 4.5 software for the Bold. The Bold uses 4.6. And NO the Bold isn't coming to T-Mobile any time soon. It's doesn't have the correct radio for t-mo's 3G. T-Mobile WILL be getting the Javelin.
    10-03-08 09:11 AM
    The first thing that let's you know that rep has no clue is them saying download the 4.5 software for the Bold. The Bold uses 4.6. And NO the Bold isn't coming to T-Mobile any time soon. It's doesn't have the correct radio for t-mo's 3G. T-Mobile WILL be getting the Javelin.
    Touche - I read right past that part...
    10-03-08 09:14 AM
    Well said... and again "DON'T believe anything a Rep says!!!" - they are all clueless, and full of mis-information!!!
    10-03-08 09:26 AM
    Tmo, as of Sept. 12 is 3G, and will NOT be getting the Javelin, we will be getting The Bold. Within this month or next the Pearl flip will also be in stores for purchase.

We also mentioned this site, and he also uses it, because he told us to download the 4.5 and that will give us the Bold (software).

So, there you have. Tmo is 3G, Tmo will also be coming out with the very first G1.

Oh, he also let us know (he himself will be doing this) that since Tmo will have 3g we can get the Storm, just go to blackberry website and purchase it, it will come ready for tmo and have the sim slot. whoo hoo!
    If they are not getting it due to it's lack of 3G they how/why are they getting the 8220 that is also not 3G? People say the same thing about at&t but I have the same doubts as they are bringing out the 8320 that isn't 3G also.
    10-03-08 09:42 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe that you can use the Bold with EDGE but not with 3G. Maybe that is what he was talking about, however it's still misleading...
    10-03-08 09:54 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe that you can use the Bold with EDGE but not with 3G. Maybe that is what he was talking about, however it's still misleading...
    Hmm. I was under the impression that part of the whole point of the Bold was the 3G compatibility...?
    10-03-08 09:56 AM
    Hmm. I was under the impression that part of the whole point of the Bold was the 3G compatibility...?
    AT&T's 3G frequencies are 850 & 1900MHz while T-Mobile's is 1700MHz... so until they either make a Bold with All frequencies or one with T-Mobile's 3G frequency T-Mobile will not get the Bold... which is probably why T-Mobile has said they are not going to carry the Bold.
    10-03-08 10:51 AM

Every single one of those statements is wrong. Dont do business with that *****.

- Tmo is 3g in some (~15) markets. It is growing by a few each month.
    - Tmo will be getting the Javelin. Check their roadmaps.
    - Pearl flip should be out before the end of the month.
    - The Bold uses 4.6 not 4.5
    - The Storm will not be sold unlocked from the Blackberry website.
    - The Storm will not support T-Mobile 3g.
    10-03-08 11:50 AM
    WHAT is with this "my rep said" crap all of a sudden?

REPS DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING.

For the love of Zeus.

Pixie, if that was a troll, it was a good one. If not, I don't even know what to say.
    10-03-08 12:07 PM
    ... another clueless rep...
    10-03-08 12:45 PM
    I know a rep, who knows a rep, who knows somebody who said it is official... it's all about the same thing... LOL.
    10-03-08 12:49 PM
    I know a rep, who knows a rep, who knows somebody who said it is official... it's all about the same thing... LOL.

hahaha

exactly

10-03-08 01:28 PM
    Yeah, these threads are funny. Although it hasn't been announced, it couldn't be any clearer that the Javelin is coming to t-mo.
    10-03-08 01:33 PM
    Can someone post the Tmo roadmap with the Javelin on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 01:40 PM
    exactly what I was going to say... this thread is filled with a bunch of BS

on top of what Crucial said... everyone has known that TMobile is going 3G for some time and they have a number of locations running 3G as we speak (err... type, not speak)!

Also, any Bold available right now would not work on TMobile's 3G network...

On top of that... there have been countless threads on the TMobile G1 (HTC Dream) Android phone. This is old news as well.

*sigh* Another sales rep... another false thread... another round of drama
    10-03-08 01:42 PM
    Can someone post the Tmo roadmap with the Javelin on it?

EXCLUSIVE: T-Mobile BlackBerry Roadmap for 2008 | BlackBerryNews.com
    10-03-08 01:43 PM
    These kind's of thread are getting very ANNOYING!! We are getting the 8900(Jav) on T-Mobile but we have no info or factual information of when it's coming out, so stop with the dumb estimates like "early october, late october, early november.. blah blah blah". The most anticipated phones coming out this month of OCTOBER are the PearlFlip8220, Shadow 2, & G1(HTC Dream). Ok, now about BOLD coming out on T-Mobile is a BIG NO NO for now, you can get it to work on T-Mobile but the feature that makes the BOLD which is 3G is incapable on working on T-Mobile USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop with the stupidity, its driving me INSANE!!!!!!!
    10-03-08 04:11 PM
    These kind's of thread are getting very ANNOYING!! We are getting the 8900(Jav) on T-Mobile but we have no info or factual information of when it's coming out, so stop with the dumb estimates like "early october, late october, early november.. blah blah blah". The most anticipated phones coming out this month of OCTOBER are the PearlFlip8220, Shadow 2, & G1(HTC Dream). Ok, now about BOLD coming out on T-Mobile is a BIG NO NO for now, you can get it to work on T-Mobile but the feature that makes the BOLD which is 3G is incapable on working on T-Mobile USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop with the stupidity, its driving me INSANE!!!!!!!
    When do you think the Blackberry 9220 will be released on T-Mobile?
    10-03-08 04:59 PM
    I have to admit that after reading the OP's message I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, but just for a minute! I have done too much investigating, and I'm not willing to accept anyone's guess that the Curve 8900 (Javelin) isn't coming. Of course it is!!

I know the reps don't have any more info than we do. They all go to the same sites we do, and get the same news releases we do. Most reps, like the one I just finished talking to 1/2 hour ago, just want to seem "informed," and helpful. The ones that say T Mobile isn't getting the Javelin, just haven't done their homework. In reality they just don't have a clue.

On the other hand, the ones that say it's coming, but have to speculate as to when, I think just want to keep from dashing our high hopes. It's all good... The Javelin is coming... Patience is a virtue (one that I don't have much of when it comes to waiting for new BBs!)
    10-03-08 05:15 PM
    When do you think the Blackberry 9220 will be released on T-Mobile?
    do you even know what a 9220 is?
    10-03-08 06:31 PM
    do you even know what a 9220 is?
    Hehehehehehehehehe...

10-03-08 06:37 PM
    I asked my rep and she let me play with a 9220. The keyboard was between a curve and a bold but SureType and the 8 inch touchscreen with 1080 was amazing! I also really enjoyed the fact that it gave my car better gas mileage and kept my teeth white. You'll just have to try it yourself. :P.

10-03-08 06:51 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD