so i was suppose to get a new phone from verizon in January.... and i was gonna get the bold 9930..... then the sales rep was like.... you should really wait for the Q10 i was like.... WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT I WANT THE PHONE!!! keep in mind... im a tech teen so i know my upgrades four years in advanced and plan which phone i will get next... i love tech stuff... but yeah... so i decided to wait the two weeks into march... and still nothing.... so my mom got me a bold 9650 from one of her co workers to hold me over for a bit..... and now.... im comtemplating of to weather or not just getting a Z10.. or waiting till god knows when and getting the Q10...... i do like the physical keyboard and i dont like iPhone...

my history...
    basic phones through grade school > iphone> Droid the first one> blackberry bold 9650> now Q10 or Z10???? help me decide?
    03-21-13 11:59 AM
    Yeah, you sound like a teen, and are about as patient as one. Hang in there, good things come to those who wait, a lesson that will get to practice plenty for the rest of your life.

Do tell us, though, how you are able to plan your upgrades 4 years in advance? Some of the brightest in the business can barely tell what's going to happen 4 months from now
    03-21-13 12:08 PM
    so i was suppose to get a new phone from verizon in January.... and i was gonna get the bold 9930..... then the sales rep was like.... you should really wait for the Q10 i was like.... WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT I WANT THE PHONE!!! keep in mind... im a tech teen so i know my upgrades four years in advanced and plan which phone i will get next... i love tech stuff... but yeah... so i decided to wait the two weeks into march... and still nothing.... so my mom got me a bold 9650 from one of her co workers to hold me over for a bit..... and now.... im comtemplating of to weather or not just getting a Z10.. or waiting till god knows when and getting the Q10...... i do like the physical keyboard and i dont like iPhone...

my history...
    basic phones through grade school > iphone> Droid the first one> blackberry bold 9650> now Q10 or Z10???? help me decide?
    If you are impatient why not buy the Z10 now, enjoy it until Q10 is out, then sell your Z10 and get the Q10?

How hard is that? Usually impatient people have lots of money to waste.
    03-21-13 12:08 PM
    Yeah, you sound like a teen, and are about as patient as one. Hang in there, good things come to those who wait, a lesson that will get to practice plenty for the rest of your life.

Do tell us, though, how you are able to plan your upgrades 4 years in advance? Some of the brightest in the business can barely tell what's going to happen 4 months from now
    i often use my other families upgrades if they are okay with it.. ill give them my old phone and just take their upgrade... its what i did with my grandma to get iphone 4 and then my brother to soon get the q10 hopefully...
    03-21-13 12:55 PM
    If you are impatient why not buy the Z10 now, enjoy it until Q10 is out, then sell your Z10 and get the Q10?

How hard is that? Usually impatient people have lots of money to waste.
    this is true... ill think about it
    03-21-13 01:04 PM
    does anyone else have any opinion in what i should do???
    03-21-13 03:32 PM
    Just wait for the Q10 - sounds like you value the physical keyboard. If you are that impatient, order the Z10, and if you don't like it, take it back.

The Q10 should be coming soon.
    03-21-13 03:45 PM
    I have used the Z10 keyboard for a week now and it is easily the best I have used. It took 5 days but now I understand how this will make me faster. In another week I'll be even faster. Coming from my a trackball curve I'm loving Z10. Just give it a week.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 03:46 PM
    It will be out before summer, so have courage my friend.
    03-21-13 04:28 PM
    thanks guys.... im kinda having a break down right now.... extremely annoyed at blackberry for not making q10 come out now.... i want to go for the Z10... i think it was the fact that i didnt like the white iphone... (hey theres the supperficial teen part) but i dont know!!! i just need to forget this all ever happened untill they decide to come out with a legit date of arrival for the Q10...
    03-21-13 05:03 PM
    hey guys just an update..... i decided i cant be that patient till late april may or possibly june... so im just going to preorder the Z10..... ..

now watch when i get it that they start pre orders for q10...
    03-21-13 06:01 PM
    I've been a keyboard guy, and hesitantly went with the Z10.

Learning curve was maybe two days. Now when I pick up my wife's 9900, I can barely type 3 words.

The Z10's keyboard is awesome. My advice to you is get the Z10. It might take you a few days to get used to it, but once you are, there's no looking back.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 06:11 PM
    well at least you have a choice me in the other hand i'm with Sprint so i have no choice even though i do want the Q10 over the Z10 but it would be nice to play with the Z10 till the Q10 drops

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-21-13 06:17 PM
    I've been a keyboard guy, and hesitantly went with the Z10.

Learning curve was maybe two days. Now when I pick up my wife's 9900, I can barely type 3 words.

The Z10's keyboard is awesome. My advice to you is get the Z10. It might take you a few days to get used to it, but once you are, there's no looking back.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10

i decided to get the z10 my moms ordering it for me now... gotta wait till next week though im terrible with patience so you all know.... and yes that helped alot ^^^^
    03-21-13 06:21 PM
    i decided to get the z10 my moms ordering it for me now... gotta wait till next week though im terrible with patience so you all know.... and yes that helped alot ^^^^
    I think the Z10 is the right option for a 'teen', it will be flashier and will definitely be better for watching videos and (eventually) using apps, etc. Everything I hear about the touch keyboard is great, and if you've got experience with iPhone and Droid, you know it's doable to get good with it.

Just remember, BBRY right now is managing to keep on top of upgrading the Z10 software; manage & conduct business deals and relationships with app developers; re-launch the BBRY in the United States (one of the biggest markets in the world for phones); and also work on bringing the Q to multiple marketplaces. They're doing a pretty good job handling everything at once, considering the scope of the job - they've brought some popular apps to BB (WhatsApp, Kindle, WSJ), the Q is due for some markets soon, and BBRY will be launching in the States very shortly.
    03-21-13 06:32 PM
    I think the Z10 is the right option for a 'teen', it will be flashier and will definitely be better for watching videos and (eventually) using apps, etc. Everything I hear about the touch keyboard is great, and if you've got experience with iPhone and Droid, you know it's doable to get good with it.

Just remember, BBRY right now is managing to keep on top of upgrading the Z10 software; manage & conduct business deals and relationships with app developers; re-launch the BBRY in the United States (one of the biggest markets in the world for phones); and also work on bringing the Q to multiple marketplaces. They're doing a pretty good job handling everything at once, considering the scope of the job - they've brought some popular apps to BB (WhatsApp, Kindle, WSJ), the Q is due for some markets soon, and BBRY will be launching in the States very shortly.

im also a college teen and wanted to look sheek and sophisticated... which is why i originally opted for the Q... i didnt like the white iphone cause it was more... high school teen... you know?? i mean i do like black... it makes the phone look smaller and you look smarted and sophisticated..
    03-21-13 06:54 PM
    im also a college teen and wanted to look sheek and sophisticated... which is why i originally opted for the Q... i didnt like the white iphone cause it was more... high school teen... you know?? i mean i do like black... it makes the phone look smaller and you look smarted and sophisticated..
    Phones, fashion, things look as good as you make them look. I think both the Z10 and Q10 are stylish and with their own merits. To be honest, many people will probably think your phone is "old" when they see you pull out a Q10, simply because it retains a very classic BB look (at least until you look closer).
    03-21-13 07:07 PM
    hey guys just an update..... i decided i cant be that patient till late april may or possibly june... so im just going to preorder the Z10..... ..

now watch when i get it that they start pre orders for q10...
    Good idea bro, although the Q10 is coming out pretty soon so if it means that much to you, you might want to hold out just a little bit longer.
    03-21-13 07:19 PM
    Good idea bro, although the Q10 is coming out pretty soon so if it means that much to you, you might want to hold out just a little bit longer.
    after seriously taking an hour or so and looking at every stat and staring at comparasin pictures of the two phones... i decided the Z10 would be better because it has the larger screen and if i forget to charge my ipod.. i can still listen to music and play apps on it... as well of doing assignments that i dont have time to use with laptop... and its also nicer thinner and more of a college teen look too... and the q10 is a smaller screen and the keyboard also if they were both out i would get them both.. some how.. but i will go with the z10 for now
    03-21-13 08:52 PM
    after seriously taking an hour or so and looking at every stat and staring at comparasin pictures of the two phones... i decided the Z10 would be better because it has the larger screen and if i forget to charge my ipod.. i can still listen to music and play apps on it... as well of doing assignments that i dont have time to use with laptop... and its also nicer thinner and more of a college teen look too... and the q10 is a smaller screen and the keyboard also if they were both out i would get them both.. some how.. but i will go with the z10 for now
    Same here, I use to write up reports on my 9900 so I was gonna hold out for the Q10, but the Z's keyboard looks like it can handle a few pages. The Z10 also looks cooler imo
    03-21-13 08:59 PM
    but the Z's keyboard looks like it can handle a few pages. The Z10 also looks cooler imo
    thus making it the idea college students phone when one would want to look sophistacated yet also be young at the same time..... i was tempted to write and still have a little bit of swag at the same time.... sorry... im from jersey... its common here...
    03-21-13 09:35 PM
    This is wery heartening to read, because I am tired of listening to young grown ups that thinks iPhone is IT and All.
    03-22-13 09:53 AM
    Keyboard on the Z10 is nice but wanting the Q10 isn't just about the typing for me... It's about keyboard shortcuts as well. One of the things I loved on the old BB's was to turn off that bloody universal search and just be able to hit 'C' to start typing an email or access BBM, Calendar, Emails, Calculator, whatever with just one touch. Sure, app icons on the homescreen help but at least with email, it is still at least two taps vs. one with the keyboard.

And on top of that, while I like the Z10 keyboard, it doesn't give you that tactile feedback actual keys give you... And I realized my main issue with virtual keyboards is that with a virtual one, you have to look at the keyboard to make sure you hit the right key or to select the word. With a hardware one, my focus is on the screen (like typing at home, I don't look at the keyboard) and I prefer the later...

Downside of course is the smaller screen size... That's why my ideal phone will always be a slider. Unfortunately, none have been built yet that have met my needs (was not a fan of the Torch).
    03-22-13 10:03 AM
    This is wery heartening to read, because I am tired of listening to young grown ups that thinks iPhone is IT and All.
    the iphone is too main streem and in 5 years it will be the size of a piece of notebook paper...... im so done with apple..... theyre going to **** after steve jobs died...
    03-22-13 10:39 AM
    Just know if your transfering from a droid and / or iphone, bb world isnt up to bar just yet. Side loading is always a helpful option though. BTW that is something im guess may not be able to be done for the Q10. However, like many others I have sprint, so Q10 is my only choice. Hope you enjoy your Z10 bud.

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 3G - Sprint
    03-22-13 03:45 PM
27 12