So it is a very small annoyance, but an annoyance none the less...

When you wake up the screen with the top button you get the lock screen which will show you your notification icons.

If you swipe up on the screen when it is asleep not only does it wake up the screen, but it also unlocks it before you can see any notification icons, so without the notification light, there is no way to know if you have messages that you are missing without going straight into the hub.

I know I am complaining about a VERY small thing, and I really can't think of any way that it could be fixed because you don't want to remove the swipe up to wake/unlock, it is a great feature. Maybe they could add a small spark icon in the top bar where the time/date/battery info is just to let you know that you have a message of some type and to check the hub... Just a thought.

Absolutely love the device still overall though. I get compliments on it all the time.
    03-21-13 09:02 AM
    Doing a short swipe will take you to the lock screen

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:06 AM
    That works.

I think it would still be nice if they could just add the spark icon to the top row of the home screen to let you know you have waiting messages. Kind of like what they had in BB7 but not as intrusive.

The short swipe is good, it just seems like it defeats the purpose of the swipe mechanic. The longer swipe is so simple and elegant.
    03-21-13 09:12 AM
    You can do a "Peek" when at the home screen after you've unlocked the phone to see what your new notifications are. After you've done your long sweep to wake up the phone, follow it up with a short sweep to peek at the notifications, and then decide if you want to carry on into the hub from there.

Having the notifications listed on the home screen would defeat the purpose of the peek function.

JB

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 10:42 AM