hey all,

i've had my bold for a week now, been keeping good care of it, no falls, no scratches everything is fine..

Tonight, I took the battery out of the phone without turning it off first.. to get the sim card out, and now it refuses to turn on..

i have taken the battery out, and put it back in and tried turning it on it doesnt budge..

i have also tried charging it, but nothing is happening!!! its been doing it for about 30 minutes

Help Please!
    10-03-08 12:12 AM
    you see nothing at all when you try charging it or rebooting it?????
    10-03-08 12:32 AM
    nopeeee nothing at all it just sits there blank as if theres no battery in it at all...
    10-03-08 12:51 AM
    hmmm, doesn't sound like you can do anything about that, my recommendation carry it back to your carrier and replace it.
    10-03-08 01:08 AM
    What happens if you connect it to your PC? does DM recognise it?
    10-03-08 02:20 AM
    try the following:

pull the battery
    plug in the desktop charger (make sure DM is shut down)

the led should light up red. if yes then put the battery back in and let is sit for 10 mins before turning it back on.
    10-03-08 02:22 AM
    hey guys thanks for all the great responses..

i left the battery out all night and went to bed and when i woke up and put it back in everything was back to normal... kinda odd but i'm definately going ot look into it..

thanks again for all of your responses
    10-03-08 08:59 AM
    Hi there,
    I have the same exact problem. After doing a hard reset, put the battery back in, but now it doesnt do anything. Just dead. Not even a red LED light. Tries using the application loader to reload the OS, but it wasnt detected by the computer. HEELLP....I'm so stressed out now. SHould I just do what Reza did, leave out the battery all night long? I'm crossing my fingers this will work.
    11-24-08 12:29 AM
    This happend to mine also. Not a good sign. Iv jst sent it back and awating repair. Apparently it means there is a handet defect. Best wishes all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 04:19 AM
    I had a similar experience when I first got my bold. Turned out that the battery was completely drained. To the point that plugging in the charger for a min or two didn't charge it up enough to flick on.

I had to leave it charge for 5 or so mins before it came back on.

Turned out that the problem was a non BB charger was being used (my old HTC charger)...
    11-24-08 05:04 AM
    Same thing just happened to mine as well. Plugged it directly into the computer via the usb link and the light is red. Is been sitting for about 10 min but still won't turn on. Not happy.
    11-26-08 07:30 AM
    This happend to mine also. Not a good sign. Iv jst sent it back and awating repair. Apparently it means there is a handet defect. Best wishes all.

Do you know where I can get more information on this defect? Want to march into Best Buy well informed.
    11-26-08 07:32 AM
    heyyy elukito... im just wondering if it worked for you? did it go back to normal??

coz i am having the same problem too ):
    01-30-09 08:27 PM
    If it were me I'd be demanding a new handset.
    01-31-09 04:44 AM
    Take it back to your carrier and get a new one mate...

01-31-09 04:54 AM
    If you dont get a red light at all, call Rogers. They'll replace your Bold (with a refurbished one).
    01-31-09 03:04 PM
    Mine just did this exact thing..Had it on USB charge overnight got up nuthin but red light...Tried hard reboots tried DM nuthin works..
    And I aint gettin no refurb phone I'll take it to rogers & make'em gimme a new one...
    02-08-09 11:06 AM
    K well seems my kid turned off the pc & the BB was plugged into the USB port over night...It must have drained the battery bone dead.I plugged it into my car charger & in 10 minutes or so bling green light..
    I didnt want to have to use my 8800 HEHEHE
    02-08-09 07:34 PM
    I did something similar, took the battery off for a couple of days and after that it came back on.
    03-14-09 10:41 PM
    The same thing happened to me! I did a battery pull (battery was full) and now it won't turn on, no flashing red light when i plug it in to the blackberry wall charger or via USB.

Sounds like some people got it to start working by taking the battery out for a bit and it magically started working again.

Anyone figure out exactly what's going on???? I want my Bold to be working again! Thanks!

Andrew
    03-20-09 05:53 PM
    Anyone? Please? A couple hours later and still nothing!
    03-20-09 09:23 PM
    The same thing happened to me! I did a battery pull (battery was full) and now it won't turn on, no flashing red light when i plug it in to the blackberry wall charger or via USB.

Sounds like some people got it to start working by taking the battery out for a bit and it magically started working again.

Anyone figure out exactly what's going on???? I want my Bold to be working again! Thanks!

Andrew
    If this thread doesnt help
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Then call your service provider... They'll probably be able to replace it
    03-21-09 11:56 AM
    Hi there,
    I have the same exact problem. After doing a hard reset, put the battery back in, but now it doesnt do anything. Just dead. Not even a red LED light. Tries using the application loader to reload the OS, but it wasnt detected by the computer. HEELLP....I'm so stressed out now. SHould I just do what Reza did, leave out the battery all night long? I'm crossing my fingers this will work.
    I had exactly the same problem. Tried battery pull. plugged it to computer, removed battery and plugged in charger no red light. Left it overnight with battery out as some users said. By this time I was angry and frustrated at the same time. Took it to work and just left it there and i kept trying these things throughout the day cause I really dont want a refurbished Bold. Then Around 5pm it just came on.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening to Bold's? Never had this issue with my 8800
    05-31-09 03:59 PM
    Same thign happened to me, help please, i left my bold charging over night then when i woke up there was just a red light blinking ....
    when i tr to charge it the red light still comes on, what does that mean ? and what should i do ? leave it charging ? or leave it off without the batt and try again tom ? thanks all ! i tried leaving the batt out the whole afternoon and it still is not working
    06-02-09 02:34 AM
    Steps (to be applied with patience):

1. Take your battery out.
    2. Plug in your Blackberry Bold and wait (with the battery left out).
    3. Leave your Bold like this until you see a sign on your screen that looks like a battery with a red line through it.
    4. Now that you see the icon, put your battery back in and let it charge.
    5. Your Blackberry Bold will turn back on by itself.
    6. Let it charge until it is full without interruption!

Be patient during this process and while step 4 is happening, go and DO SOMETHING ELSE! Your Blackberry Bold might just need some privacy during this process (mine did).
    06-08-09 03:45 AM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD