I want to purchase two z10s but would like to keep my current data plan. Is there anyway I can do this?
    03-20-13 10:22 PM
    Buy without upgrade and no problem whatsoever. Maybe not a problem with an upgrade. Talk to t-mo and ask. Try *2 611 on your phone.
    Last edited by LRB; 04-07-13 at 07:16 PM.
    03-20-13 10:55 PM
    I want to purchase two z10s but would like to keep my current data plan. Is there anyway I can do this?
    I had a similar situation last year. I have a grandfathered BB PREF data and email plan on one line. I needed to convert two other lines to BB9900's.
    Customer Service 'Retentions' gave the converted phones the same type of plan as I already had on the one line.
    In your case, you should be able to get additional phones or converted phones with your current preferred plan pricing.
    03-21-13 09:04 AM
    I had a similar situation last year. I have a grandfathered BB PREF data and email plan on one line. I needed to convert two other lines to BB9900's.
    Customer Service 'Retentions' gave the converted phones the same type of plan as I already had on the one line.
    In your case, you should be able to get additional phones or converted phones with your current preferred plan pricing.
    So basically, I have to threaten to cancel/leave? I hate doing that.
    03-22-13 08:21 AM
    So basically, I have to threaten to cancel/leave? I hate doing that.
    No, not necessarily/ Just talk nicely!!
    CS folk like lot's a honey.
    [From a CS standpoint, how would you feel if the prior customer had a problem and you came with goods news]
    03-22-13 03:55 PM
    Today I called in and the lady said that I would be able to renew my old contract and that the new plans are not going to be forced on current customers. I don't know if she's right or not, but I had her notate on my account that I called in before Mar 24 asking to upgrade with my existing plan and not the new one after the Z10 comes out. Hopefully having the note on my account takes care of that.
    03-23-13 08:03 PM
    Did this actually work for you? I was on chat with t-mobile yesterday and was thinking of getting the iPhone 5 . I was told regardless I am not under a contract and was told whether I pay for the phone outright or over several months, I still have to switch over to the no contract plans. If anyone has successfully kept a grandfathered plan, I'd love to hear how.

Today I called in and the lady said that I would be able to renew my old contract and that the new plans are not going to be forced on current customers. I don't know if she's right or not, but I had her notate on my account that I called in before Mar 24 asking to upgrade with my existing plan and not the new one after the Z10 comes out. Hopefully having the note on my account takes care of that.
    04-07-13 04:31 PM
    I more or less kept my old unlimited BIS contract by buying my phone through Best Buy. It listed for 199 and my T-Mobile bill is less then 40 a month before taxes.

They now call it united blackberry data plan. And I have a small Voice that I always had

Now I just need WIFI calling, and a better Link software.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:55 PM
    Not sure why this would be an issue. I kept the same data plan as my previous blackberry. With Rogers of course but if you're happy with what you have then it's your choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:37 PM
    Not sure why this would be an issue. I kept the same data plan as my previous blackberry. With Rogers of course but if you're happy with what you have then it's your choice.
    It's a problem because T-mo has just changed all of their pricing structure to be non-contract. OP is wondering if they can keep their contract plan, Which I find to be financially advantageous.
    04-07-13 07:15 PM
    Did this actually work for you? I was on chat with t-mobile yesterday and was thinking of getting the iPhone 5 . I was told regardless I am not under a contract and was told whether I pay for the phone outright or over several months, I still have to switch over to the no contract plans. If anyone has successfully kept a grandfathered plan, I'd love to hear how.
    Yea I was able to keep my grandfathered plan by renewing at Best Buy. Any non-corporate store works like Walmart or Staples
    04-07-13 08:01 PM
    Hello I am a Broker for Solavei cellular services (tvmo of T-mobile) and may be able to answer your questions regarding your current service and Data plan. What data plan are you currently on?
    04-08-13 08:57 PM