Hello,

I have a strange problem. I have always used the full Twitter site through my PB browser by clicking the bookmark on the browser homepage but I just pressed it and it's taking me to the mobile site for some reason, i have tried manually inputting the address but it just reverts to the mobile site. I have also tried clearing the cache but the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what's going on / how to fix it?

Thanks.
    03-20-13 06:47 PM
    If you figure it out please let me know...been trying to find a way around the mobile site myself.
    03-20-13 06:48 PM
    Same here. Just started happening to me today. Tried copying and pasting http://mobile.twitter.com/settings/change_ui
    from the tip section, which used to work before when this happened, but not helping today
    03-20-13 08:32 PM
    Agreed. This sucks. Hopefully temporary
    03-20-13 09:04 PM
    Not a perfect solution but SimpleBrowser+ works for the normal site but that is probably because it can change User Agent (the "tag" sites use to determine who/what is browsing their site.)
    03-20-13 09:11 PM
    I've noticed such on a load of sites recently Ijust assumed that as I'm using BB services rather than Orange Internet to surf the PB and BB server was sending me to the mobile sites for websites, which is dandy and loads quicker but when the desktop button is not available on the website its a royal pain in the arse!

Perhaps BB need to do.as Google mobile does and give you the option to view page as intended, that cannot be that hard to implement at BB servers and the PB browser!
    03-20-13 09:33 PM
    Yeah I can confirm that this is happening now with a number of sites This really needs fixed!
    03-21-13 11:26 AM
    Thank Goodness this is happening to other people...I thought it was just me! I hate the mobile Twitter site and don't know why it has just changed over. The change_ui url doesn't work anymore so is this a Twitter problem or Playbook Browser problem?
    03-23-13 02:51 AM
    Since it works in SimpleBrowser+, I suspect that Twitter decided to check the device (User Agent info) before sending out the page. So a Twitter change. I guess contact them and complain. Anyone with an ipad or other tab - what are your results.
    03-23-13 09:40 AM
    Sending you mobile saves BB money, PB browser is being punted to sites as a mobile browser, it's not it's a full screen browser anymore - perhaps the Z10 launch causes confusion for PB owners, are we not both using the BB browser but in two different devices but we are all now classed as z10 users in the UI string.
    03-23-13 09:54 AM
    Fwiw, I downloaded SimpleBrowser from AppWorld for free and it works by setting the user agent to Firefox. I set Twitter as my homepage and basically just use SimpleBrowser as a Twitter app for now
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-13 08:30 PM
    Sending you mobile saves BB money, PB browser is being punted to sites as a mobile browser, it's not it's a full screen browser anymore - perhaps the Z10 launch causes confusion for PB owners, are we not both using the BB browser but in two different devices but we are all now classed as z10 users in the UI string.
    BB10 UA String:
    Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.3+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0.9.386 Mobile Safari/537.3+

PlayBook UA String:
    Mozilla/5.0 (PlayBook; U; RIM Tablet OS 2.1.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/536.2+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.2.1.0 Safari/536.2+

I don't really appreciate companies that go out of their way to block some browsers from using their desktop sites. Many of Google's sites had links to the desktop version, but most do not allow it now. I prefer the mobile version of Twitter, but I would still want a choice. I use Dolphin Browser, while not as smooth the native browser, it is better than SimpleBrowser and you can change the UA String. I just tested it and you can access the desktop version of Twitter.
    03-26-13 09:33 PM
    Yea that link don't work no mo, what a crock, made the mistake of clearing cache few days ago, whoops... Mobile twitter checkerboards and lags like $#&@. Thanks twitter, gg
    03-27-13 02:39 PM
    Hello,

I have a strange problem. I have always used the full Twitter site through my PB browser by clicking the bookmark on the browser homepage but I just pressed it and it's taking me to the mobile site for some reason, i have tried manually inputting the address but it just reverts to the mobile site. I have also tried clearing the cache but the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what's going on / how to fix it?

Thanks.
    In an open browser
    • Click the three menu dots (bottom right corner)
    • Developer Tools
    • Toggle Desktop Mode to the On position.
    06-02-13 09:28 AM
    you could always install fast browser and change the user profile to firefox or chrome
    06-02-13 05:15 PM