Has anyone bought the Zagg invisibleSHIELD and used it on their Z10? I'm interested in buying it but I'm worried about:

1) Does it affect the appearance of the screen? Are there bubbles or glare or any other issues you experienced?
    2) Does it affect using the device? Does the screen become less sensitive?

Thanks!
    03-20-13 04:30 PM
    I'm not a big fan of Zagg. I know a lot of people love them but I don't like the orange peel texture it makes the screen have(yes, even the HD has it just not as bad as the original). I prefer static installation screen protectors over the wet installation ones like Zagg.

I recommend iSmooth screen protectors. You can get them on Amazon, a package comes with 3 for <$10. Just google iSmooth screen protectors and watch the various installations videos. I love them! Can't even tell it's on.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-20-13 04:40 PM
    I've purchased the iShieldz protector and it's cumbersome to self-install and the film doesn't cover the screen well at all. I do not recommend this one.

I've went to a mall kiosk and had a Zagg protector installed (same price as iShieldz but included "professional" installation) and it dried perfectly without bubbles and feels fine to type on. I haven't had issues with sensitivity, or glare, or distortion on the screen. The only issue is the protector itself is too large (the trim on the top or bottom should be cut back by like 1/1000". The kiosk person said Zagg knows this and is working on a replacement protector which his supplier said should be out in a couple weeks. He said he'll do the reinstall for free.

I do recommend the Zagg product but you might want to hold off a couple weeks or double check that you're getting the "v2" so you don't have issues with it being too large.
    03-20-13 04:48 PM
    ...orange peel texture...
    Haven't noticed this myself or found this to be a problem ...
    03-20-13 04:49 PM
    I've purchased the iShieldz protector
    Who said anything about iShieldz? I said iSmooth(true similar names). You should watch the install videos, they include everything you need to get a bubble free install.
    Shark Week likes this.
    03-20-13 05:41 PM
    Haven't noticed this myself or found this to be a problem ...
    Makes the screen extra grippy. I personally don't like that. When I play a game like sector strike for example where you're dragging your finger across the screen the whole time. It's not pleasant.
    03-20-13 05:43 PM
    I figured it would be courteous to comment about what brought me to Zagg in case anyone is curious about experiences on iShieldz. I know it's a different product than iSmooth (which doesn't advertise a Z10 protector on their website) I haven't noticed a more grippy texture, but I also don't game.
    pels_17 likes this.
    03-20-13 05:55 PM
    They only show a few of their screen protectors on their website but they have protectors for dozens of devices. Here's the link to find it on Amazon: Amazon.com: Blackberry Z10 Screen Protector - NEW 2013 Ultra Premium HD Version - 3 PACK Ultra Clear - iSmooth - Free Lifetime Replacement Guarantee - Bubble Free Installation Guaranteed - Package Includes BONUS Premium Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, Two

Other positive, even though it comes with 3, it has a lifetime replacement guarantee. So even if you somehow managed to go through all 3, which I've never even gotten passed using up the first one, you are still covered.

They don't have an installation video for the Z10 but all of the installation videos are the same.
    Here's the installation video for the Galaxy S3
    03-20-13 06:08 PM
    I have the Zagg on my Z10 and it's barely noticeable. It's got a lifetime warranty so if the finish degrades or it peels I get a new protector, installed, for free. THAT'S amazing.

Yeah, it was a bit pricier than the $10 crap purchase, but it's great, worth every penny. Zero bubbling, smooth and easy to type on and use.

Highly recommended!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:20 PM
    A friend of mine works at the source so I got the iShieldz protector for a bit cheaper, I have to say that I prefer it to the invisible shield on my PlayBook. Seems to have way less drag(orange peel)

Powered by BlackBerry 10
    03-20-13 06:44 PM
    i installed ghost armour which has matt finish screen protector and full body protection. I got it installed from the kiosk itself and pretty much happy with it. It comes with life time warranty.
    03-20-13 06:46 PM
    I have the Zagg on my Z10 and it's barely noticeable. It's got a lifetime warranty so if the finish degrades or it peels I get a new protector, installed, for free. THAT'S amazing.

Yeah, it was a bit pricier than the $10 crap purchase, but it's great, worth every penny. Zero bubbling, smooth and easy to type on and use.

Highly recommended!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    Woa! Even Zagg has fanbois. Wasn't trying to insult your brand... I never said anything about AMAZING. And Zagg will only install it if there is a local rep. No need to get offensive!

Funny you mention "crap" though. Did you ever stop to think that maybe you were being ripped off by the price of the Zagg? They include a tiny 1"x1" cloth to "clean" your screen before installation, check out the one iSmooth includes. Maybe iSmooth is just priced more accurately and not gouging it's customers. Did you even check to see what they offer or just come on here and post without knowing anything about the product at all. I've had extensive use with both brands. I was just stating my experiences and preference.
    03-20-13 06:46 PM
    I've used Zagg for my past 5 phone purchases and have always been pleased. The lifetime warranty is very nice. Never had to use the warranty in my experience but like that it is there.
    03-20-13 06:54 PM
    I have purchased many zagg products and I have had a great experience with all of them so far. Their warranty is amazing as well. But I agree on the grippy texture feeling. I wish they made the sports leather skin for the z10, it makes your device look so cool, got the baseball one for my ipod and the basketball one for ipad but modified it for my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:59 PM
    Woa! Even Zagg has fanbois. Wasn't trying to insult your brand... I never said anything about AMAZING. And Zagg will only install it if there is a local rep. No need to get offensive!

Funny you mention "crap" though. Did you ever stop to think that maybe you were being ripped off by the price of the Zagg? (etc etc)
    Lol. You created a thread asking about Zagg in the title, and then call me a fanboi for responding? :-P Silly rabbit.

Read my post. I said what I meant. Let me repeat it without expletives for you:

1) Some companies produce $10 screen protectors that are poor in quality. In my experience, Zagg is significantly better than those.

2) I can get my Zagg screen protector reinstalled, for free, by walking into future shop. No need for a rep :-) takes 10 minutes!

3) I don't have experience of this other company, and don't need it. I'm VERY happy with Zagg, and don't question the price, as I mentioned - it is worth every penny!

I'm also very glad that you like this other company. We are entitled to our preferences! I would suggest, however, if you'd like to post an advert for how great a product is, that you title the thread appropriately, instead of asking for feedback about a product, and then belittling those that respond.

I hope this clears things up!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    03-20-13 08:57 PM
    i actually picked up a couple matte and a couple regular Best Skins Ever screen protectors. From what I am used to from them they used to have the same issue as Zagg with orange peeling and stickiness. They are now using a new material. I put the matte protector on and it looks great. The material itself is thinner which made the install easier. Looks like i found my new favorite.
    03-20-13 09:05 PM
    I've always used the Zagg protectors on my devices, love them.

The HD version for the Z10 looks and feels great. I have used the iShield products before and they just don't measure up to the Invisible Shield line in my opinion.

I've used Ghost Armor as well and it is just a finger print magnet that smudges all the time. Their carbon Armor for the Z10 is nice though. Have it installed as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 09:07 PM
    Here's what y'all need

I have seen this live -

jimmyt1 likes this.
    03-20-13 09:08 PM
    Has anyone bought the Zagg invisibleSHIELD and used it on their Z10? I'm interested in buying it but I'm worried about:

1) Does it affect the appearance of the screen? Are there bubbles or glare or any other issues you experienced?

Thanks!
    I bought and applied it last week, and today I got frustrated and removed it, it looks so glosses, thick and its bad in the sun. It seems to collect dust easy which is the reason I removed it, I got tired of whipping my pone every time I wanna use it.
    03-20-13 09:15 PM
    Lol. You created a thread asking about Zagg in the title, and then call me a fanboi for responding?
    Oh man. This is kind of embarrassing for me but um, I didn't start this thread... I was just the first person to reply... Lol
    03-20-13 09:18 PM
    I bought and applied it last week, and today I got frustrated and removed it, it looks so glosses, thick and its bad in the sun. It seems to collect dust easy which is the reason I removed it, I got tired of whipping my pone every time I wanna use it.
    Oh I forgot about that. The invisible shield protectors are big dirt and finger print magnets.
    juched likes this.
    03-20-13 09:21 PM
    Blackberry Z10 Screen Protector Steinheil - Other - Cell Phones | SPIGEN SGP

I use this for all my devices now. No wet application and is completely clear with no orange peel feel
    SDTRMG and pels_17 like this.
    03-20-13 09:23 PM
    been curios as to the spigen. I like that its dry install but the feel is very important to me and completely clear?,
    bendirkss likes this.
    03-20-13 10:12 PM

Thanks!
    Anybody buy the Zagg invisibleSHIELD for their Z10?-20130320_152922-0-.jpg

To answer your questions, the InvisibleSHIELD has been great on my Z10, the newer InvisibleSHIELD HD line they have does not have that "orange peel effect" that they were known for before. Thankfully they only offer the HD line for the Z10, the difference between the feel is there. All my phones have the InvisibleSHIELD and my PlayBook too. Clarity is very good, it was always quite good anyways, they say they have also improved it but it's as clear as ever.

Touchscreen sensitivity has not been affected at all, the phone still recognizes all my inputs. No problems typing as well. If you had tried an older Zagg model (ie. the non HD branded ones) you should really check out the one for the Z10, it really does feel like glass.
    djmm2 likes this.
    03-20-13 10:14 PM
    Why didn't he hammer his phone after removing it?

Here's what y'all need

I have seen this live -

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:14 PM
57 123