Can someone help me and tell me why I can't view video attached to an email on my phone. This is really bugging me. Am I doing something wrong or does my phone just not support it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 10:22 PM
    You have to save the video.
    10-02-08 10:29 PM
    I can't even see it much less save it. When I click on the attachment it doesn't give me that option.

10-02-08 10:49 PM
    Highlight the attachment, press menu, and you should be able to save it. You can't view it because it's an attachment.
    10-02-08 11:01 PM
    Sunkast is right. Its an attachment that must be saved first before viewing the film.

Its annoying, I know. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

10-02-08 11:07 PM
    See that's the thing. When I highlight it and I press menu it doesn't let me save it. Save doesn't even appear in the menu.

10-03-08 09:28 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced > Applications. Do you have the BB attachment service?
    10-03-08 12:39 PM
    Yea I have that. Why?

10-04-08 03:58 PM
    I see SuperBad is taking a break, perhaps I can help.

BlackBerry - Attachment Services

BlackBerry Attachment Service lets you view attachments but it has no support for video.

Open the email and select the attachment. Press Menu and choose Save.

Open Media Center / Video and you may be able to view it, if it is in a format the BlackBerry can use. Not all videos can be played.
    10-04-08 04:30 PM
    I did what you said and saved the attachment, only it didn't save the attachment. it saved the e-mail itself, and nothing shows up in the video section of the Media application, just the sample video. i do have blackberry attachment service...
    10-05-08 10:36 AM
    How big is the video?
    10-05-08 11:03 AM
    Save isn't an option when you press your menu key after highlighting the vid file, but download should be. You click download and it will save to your media card. From there you can view it

10-05-08 11:20 AM
    I notice you still have your sample video. At some point you will want to work on making room and managing your file free memory. Here's a link to the guide for that:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

10-05-08 11:24 AM
    I have the same problem, and my blackberry has plenty of free memory. Video size is 3+ megs...
    10-05-08 01:29 PM
    I just upgraded to the newer OS 4.5.something and now it at least tells me that the files are larger than 2.9 megs and it cannot download them. So that must have been the problem the whole time. Is there any way to get around the max limitation on email that anyone knows?
    10-05-08 01:43 PM
    Verizon 8330 Curve - not upgraded to 4.5
    I have an email with 4 pics and 2 vids. When viewing the attachments it only shows the pics. I do have attachment services as asked in the other post. When I highlight the vid there is no d/l in the menu. Using save only saves the email. BTW, this vid has an ext of .3gp and was taken with an identical BB with Verizon service. Anymore suggestions for anybody? Thanks for the help!
    10-05-08 04:36 PM
    I'm thinking this may be a Verizon thing or something because that's who I have and I don't have that option either.
    10-05-08 11:08 PM
    Sunkast is right. Its an attachment that must be saved first before viewing the film.

Its annoying, I know. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Does this also go for viewing videos on mobile sights, such as youtube and blueapple? I upgraded to v4.5 from v4.2, I can no longer watch videos on the web, I was able to before.

10-07-08 11:05 PM
    I too have a video viewing problem.

I received an email with a .wmv attachment. I'm able to download and open it but all I get is sound, NO VIDEO.

Do I first need to convert it to MP4 or 3GP? If so is there an easy way to convert it?

I tired saving it to my desktop and then move it to the phone via DM. I selected copy with conversion and received an error telling me it could not be copied.

I see on BB site that you can view WMV 9 Simple Profile Video Decoder. I don't know how to tell if the video I have meets this standard.
    10-08-08 09:27 AM
    I have sprint and I can't save videos emailed to me either only pics.....any solution yet?
    10-09-08 07:33 PM
    i too have this problem my wife sends me videos made with her curve through email and there is no way to view them. I can not figure this out i am going to call verizon today and see if i can get this figured out. Its such a simple thing we should be able to do it if not then why give the option
    10-24-08 07:11 AM
    I'm thinking this may be a Verizon thing or something because that's who I have and I don't have that option either.
    No, I don't think that it is a Verizon thing because I have AT&T and it has been driving me nuts that I can not view any videos on my 8310.

10-24-08 07:20 AM
    I have a BB 8310 Curve on the Rogers network and I have had no luck watching video of any kind. I even have the new OS 4.5 and I keep getting error messages with both Youtube and Blueapple.

With Youtube it tells me the link doesnt exist after I click on Watch Video and with Blueapple it tells me I have to download the vid first to watch it.

Is that the best I get ?

Let me know

Thanks
    SS
    10-24-08 02:58 PM
    So this is what i have figured out.. One curve can make a video and send it to another, if they send it via mms it will play, if sent via email you can not open it, download, or save or view (you would need a mobile version of quicktime that currently does not exist(why i dont know)..Now you can send it to a email and view it on your PC though again no mobile version of quicktime.. So if you take a video with your curve and want to someone else to view it on their phone it has to be sent via mms. and at least with verizon that puts a 15 second limitation on it.
    It doesnt make much since but whatever...
    Why isnt there a mobile version of quicktime???
    If anyone has some input would love to hear it

thanks
    10-25-08 07:13 AM
    I was emailed a video today and its a 3GP masde by a curve from tmo and I was able to download it and play it on my OS. Have 4.5 on verizon. I can watch youtube videos also. And the person with wmv. You meed to convert it to mp4 or 3gp first to view it.

10-25-08 07:21 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD