This reivew is so one sided and misinformed its not even funny! read the review below lol i couldn't even read it all before i had to post it on here! such a untrue and unfair review saying the Z10 is boring....clearly this writer has never used one.

Here is the link to the atricle.
    BlackBerry Z10 Review: Good is not good enough - Mar. 20, 2013

BlackBerry Z10 review: A noble failure
    By Adrian Covert @CNNMoney March 20, 2013: 5:52 AM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
    If Apple or Samsung released the BlackBerry Z10, everyone would call it boring. But those two companies probably wouldn't have introduced a device with such fanfare. BlackBerry, of course, had no choice.

BlackBerry (BBRY), the company that created some of the greatest mobile devices before the smartphone revolution, has had some comical lows over the past five years. Its new Z10, which AT&T (T, Fortune 500)and Verizon (VZ, Fortune 500) will soon start selling to U.S. customers, is an improvement. But it's not a savior for the struggling company.

The hardware is totally fine. It's one of the most perfectly proportioned phones as far as weight, thickness and screen size are concerned. But it's not better in any way than the best phones.

The design is clean and attractive in an understated way, but not exciting in the same way a phone like the HTC One is. The battery can get you through the day under moderate use, but it's not extraordinary. The 4G LTE is fast, and call quality is fine. But pretty much all phones do that well now.

The 1280x768 display is good, but every other top phone packs a pixel-dense, Retina grade display. The camera is respectable, but its abysmal low light performance means that it doesn't hold a flame to the camera found in Nokia's (NOK) Lumia 920.

And its brains -- a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor coupled with 2GB RAM -- is already a generation behind what's been announced by rivals so far this year.

Related: BlackBerry 10 feels a generation too late

BlackBerry needed a phone that could stand up against any other new device. But this is not a flagship phone. It's a device anyone else would be giving away for free with a two-year contract by the end of the year. And for BlackBerry, that obviously is not enough.

Still, even if the Z10 had the latest and greatest hardware, it would only be part of the equation.

Since BlackBerry maintains its own operating system, the company should be able to differentiate itself through software-centric design and features.

BlackBerry certainly improved its platform this time around, but even with the addition of its best new features, the update feels conservative. It's as if the company is wary of alienating its existing user base of corporate and government devotees.

So it doesn't matter that the new BlackBerry Hub feature is a wonderful way to keep track of every social network, messaging service, and communication platform in one fell swoop.

Nor does it matter that the new BlackBerry 10 operating system has one of the best multitasking solutions since Palm's ill-fated webOS -- which BlackBerry borrows generously from. No matter where you are in the OS, you can swipe up and you are taken to the home screen, where all your open apps are represented by tiles.

The problem is there are no apps you're going to want to use.

Sure there's Facebook and Twitter. But those are standard at this point. Foursquare? Increasingly irrelevant. LinkedIn? Zzz. Angry Birds? Please tell me you aren't still playing that.

Related: BlackBerry stock back from dead (for now) with Z10

Rdio is said to be developing a BB 10 app, but it's still nowhere to be found. You won't find any other major streaming entertainment services like Spotify, Soundcloud, Netflix or Hulu either.

Even the stock BlackBerry apps disappoint.

The browser is slow, unintuitive and unattractive. And while it functions well enough to get you the info you need, it's not a frictionless enough experience that you'll fire it up like it's second nature.

And remember how mad iPhone users were with that awful maps app? Spend five minutes with the one in BB 10 and Apple Maps will seem like a navigational oasis. And there's no Google Maps to choose as an alternative.

Despite these criticisms, the one thing BlackBerry can be proud of is its new keyboard. It's the best available on any mobile OS. The keys are well spaced and touch detection is as accurate as it gets.

The predictive text feature, which allows you to flick words up to the text entry field, is initially awkward to use, and slower than just typing. But it picks up on some of your conversational habits over time. If there are phrases you use regularly enough, you can construct entire sentences without typing a single letter.

Yet here's the problem. The keyboard is geared most towards BlackBerry's loyal core of technological Luddites who have been terrified of touchscreens for the past few years. The rest of the world has more or less adapted to touchscreen typing.

While Google (GOOG, Fortune 500) and Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) have been feverishly collecting data and acquiring tech firms working on cutting-edge technologies so that they can build out features like Google Now and Siri, BlackBerry has been obsessing over a keyboard and seemingly nothing else.

And ultimately, that's the biggest reason to steer clear of the BlackBerry Z10. Everything may be functional, but nothing feels truly fresh or exciting. To top of page
    03-20-13 10:25 AM
    Thanks for ruining my morning with that pathetic review.
    03-20-13 10:29 AM
    This was a terrible review. It was blah blah blah, but more blahs
    03-20-13 10:36 AM
    Wow that review is awful. Can someone tell this clown the Z10's display is better than "Retina". Sure it isn't 1080p like some of the newest coming out, but it also isn't 5"+ in size. Also the HTC One almost looks identical to the Z10, isn't out yet, but it is a great design and the Z10 is boring?!?! People should just load up the comments section of this article because it is garbage, and the tech journalist (I use that term lightly) who wrote obviously has no comprehension of technology, just did a google search and wrote down the worst things others have written in other articles. Bet he didn't even try the device.
    03-20-13 10:40 AM
    I don't have a twitter account but you guys could surely @CNNMoney rip them to piece lol
    03-20-13 10:43 AM
    Well ;that kinda sucks.

Right ahead of the U.S. launch. CNN has a wide audience. People might remember the last sentence, the one saying to steer clear from the Z10.
    03-20-13 10:43 AM
    Well ;that kinda sucks.

Right ahead of the U.S. launch. CNN has a wide audience. People might remember the last sentence, the one saying to steer clear from the Z10.
    Actually if you read the comment section under it, there is high support for blackberry
    03-20-13 10:47 AM
    That's a harsh review.
    03-20-13 10:49 AM
    Like CNN's movie reviews - they never give ANYTHING high marks. Total bunk!
    Savior4Life likes this.
    03-20-13 10:57 AM
    The video review isn't bad though.
    03-20-13 10:58 AM
    The reviewer in the video gives a mostly favourable overview, praising the Hub, Keyboard, and the concepts behind BB10 as being the best in the industry. However, he goes too far in saying that BB10 "basically doesn't have any apps", and makes some passing remark about the OS being less "quick and snappy" when compared with iOS or Android - I think we can all argue to the contrary on that point.

The text article is infuriatingly bad. Forgive my paraphrasing, but take these ridiculous statements for example,
    "The hardware is fine. The dimensions are perfect. It's not better than the best phones." What?
    "The design is attractive. The battery gets you through the day. LTE and call quality are fine. All phones are basically this." Okay...
    "The browser is slow, unintuitive and unattractive." Horse sh!t
    "It doesn't matter that the new BlackBerry Hub feature is a wonderful way to keep track of [all communications]... Nor does it matter that the new BlackBerry 10 operating system has one of the best multitasking solutions" Wha!? Why do these unique OS components not matter!? "Because no apps." Oh...
    frannip likes this.
    03-20-13 10:58 AM
    However, he goes too far in saying that BB10 "basically doesn't have any apps"
    Hardly, he's informing prospective buyers as to the reality. People will expect all their favorite apps to be available and the reality is, they're not. That will hopefully change.
    03-20-13 11:01 AM
    Honest question. How would you guys feel about a BlackBerry branded Android? What will happen if say Android makes it impossible for you to port their apps on a BlackBerry?
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-20-13 11:02 AM
    Horribly one sided review of the Z10 from a major US news source just days away from US launch telling people to steer clear. Hmmm. And people call us nutjobs for thinking there are conspiracies against BlackBerry? Nooooo. It cant possibly be a conspiracy. Thats crazy talk people.
    03-20-13 11:02 AM
    Hardly, he's informing prospective buyers as to the reality. People will expect all their favorite apps to be available and the reality is, they're not. That will hopefully change.
    Give me an example of what apps are missing , ill most likely quickly refute it lol...
    03-20-13 11:03 AM
    Give me an example of what apps are missing , ill most likely quickly refute it lol...
    Really? I'd just be trolling at that point surely...
    03-20-13 11:06 AM
    I wouldn't even worry about this review because it is obvious this guy is talking about a different phone from the Z10 . How can someone possible use the Z10 and say the browser is slow.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:06 AM
    Very interesting to me, that a global company would write this BS review TWO months after the phones release, yet just in time for the US launch. This article is unfounded slander. The phone might not be on the same level with others in relation to 'the specs', but this is the FIRST review I've seen of ANYONE saying the phone is boring. Even negative reviews usually say they don't like it, or don't understand how to use it- but boring is new to me. I seem to remember Samsung copying the unlock gesture within a business week of it being leaked.

I'm willing to bet the $7 USD I have in my pocket that this guy hasn't handled the phone for more than a business week, if at all. Reading his article just proves to you that anyone can do a google search, and/or ask their iPhone or 'Droid using kids how they feel, and write an article focused on negative. The fact that he and a lot of others are saying BlackBerry are basically dead & broke proves how uninformed they are. The company has no debt, owns there hardware & software which is still profitable. I could be wrong, but that doesn't equal a dead company to me.

I can't wait to buy my Z10. I can't wait to use it in a group of people with other phone types and throw it on the table like, "yeah... That's a phuckin BlackBerry bishes"!

Delivered from the mouth of a loyal BlackBerry user/supporter who has used other phones for significant periods of time. Yes I'm biased, maybe even a little misinformed... But I'm not stupid.

Excuse any typos, I typed this on my iPad and I'm not gonna proof read!
    03-20-13 11:08 AM
    This review is a joke. He says that it offers great things but also states that it doesnt matter. The thing is, The hardware can be said to be behind but BlackBerry has to start somewhere. With upcoming releases of BlackBerry phones it will get better.

I am not saying people cannot have an opinion but the way this guy writes off BlackBerry is not right. There are some great reviews out there and a lot of bad ones. The phone will be releasing here in the states over this last part of the month and I believe these reviews will get better and people will be shocked with the sales and comeback BlackBerry will make.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    03-20-13 11:12 AM
    In what world is the browser slow. Now you know they are making things up. It's the fastest in the game. And they said the keyboard is great but now it's bad?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:14 AM
    I knew that the reviewer was full of **** the moment he started complaining about the browser.
    His comment shows that he has not touched the phone and probably picked up his key points from gizmodo or somewhere like that.
    Completely fantasized review

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:15 AM
    who owns cnn anyway,they keep coming out with junk aimed at bb.
    03-20-13 11:18 AM
    The timing couldn't be better
    I swear an utterly clueless review from a pretty obvious "hater".

Watch for more from these "professionals". Ripping the device will be priority #1 now with the US release.
    03-20-13 11:19 AM
    That's pretty funny, the comments are tearing him apart.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-20-13 11:22 AM
    Ouch. Oh, well, my firm isn't supporting the damned thing anyway.
    03-20-13 11:24 AM
433 123 ...