I love both the z10 and q10. My sister had the white torch with BB6. She liked it, but it got really buggy and didn't work well after some time, so she bought the 4S when it came out.

The torch is perfect. You can use touch or the keyboard. If BBRY made a new torch with BB10, same screen size and exact specs of the z10 with the slide out keyboard so you can use touch typing or keyboard typing, I would buy this.

Blackberry can't survive by making only TWO BB10 phones. The torch would be the best of both worlds.

And I hope it comes in black and white.

What do you guys think?
    03-20-13 10:12 AM
    Well there won't just be two that's for sure.

But I don't know about the sliding keyboard. It may not be something they want to do again but I guess we'll see.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    03-20-13 10:34 AM
    Well there won't just be two that's for sure.

But I don't know about the sliding keyboard. It may not be something they want to do again but I guess we'll see.

If they don't, what do you think they will make? It can't be a curve or pearl type phone.
    03-20-13 11:24 AM
    I am a big fan of the 9810 as well. On twitter breaks said that if they were to make one, it would not come until august at the earliest. I bet they will see what the reaction is to the Q10 before they really make up their minds.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:35 AM
    Well if it is made then I'm looking for a much updated design.

03-20-13 11:55 AM
    I am a big fan of the 9810 as well. On twitter breaks said that if they were to make one, it would not come until august at the earliest. I bet they will see what the reaction is to the Q10 before they really make up their minds.

Posted via CB10
    Well they wouldn't need to have a Dev Alpha D for them to have a new screen size, as it should match the ratio of the z10.

I think they should call this the S10.
    03-20-13 11:58 AM
    I might make a petition to do this.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-20-13 12:31 PM
    Well they wouldn't need to have a Dev Alpha D for them to have a new screen size, as it should match the ratio of the z10.

I think they should call this the S10.
    My thoughts exactly. Same screen size and resolution as the Z10, to minimize the need for app rewriting.

Unfortunately I won't be able to wait, so I'm stuck in the unenviable position of deciding whether to replace my 9810 with a Z10 or Q10.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-20-13 12:42 PM
    I really like my Torch. Had a 9800 and now a 9810. I am also hoping for a sliding keyboard model. Fingers crossed.
    CrownIsle and deltact like this.
    03-20-13 12:52 PM
    I also loved my 9800.... and Nokia E72,,,,
    Instead of hoping for "s10" we could hope that Boxwave would make a sliding BT keyboard buddy for the Z10 like they have done for the Iphones....

/Bob
    03-20-13 03:03 PM
    I had my 9800 for 30 months and even though it looked a bit battered it never let me down. Got buggy at 20 months old so I replaced the battery and it performed like brand new.
    I was desperate for a Q10 like device as I was reluctant to switch to full touch due to bad past experiences.
    Couldn't wait any longer so on the 31st of January, after a month of stalking my carrier/network and harassing them for a release date, I became the proud owner of a brand new Z10.
    I haven't looked back, it only took a couple of days to get used to the lack of physical keyboard and now I don't miss it at all.
    Make the leap fellow torch owners, Embrace the Z10.

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    Craig Tewsley and grevan88 like this.
    03-20-13 04:56 PM
    In early development, the Z10 was known as the L series and the Q10 was the N series.
    In between these was the M series which was a Torch-style slider. For whatever reason, they benched the M series.

There are more models we might potentially see later this year, at the high and low ends.
    The A series (or the so-called Aristo) is supposedly a spec monster superphone.
    The R series would be a Curve equivalent.

No guarantees on any device this year besides the Q10 yet though, I'm afraid. Not even a single leaked photo of these other bad boys...
    03-20-13 06:05 PM
    I had my 9800 for 30 months and even though it looked a bit battered it never let me down. Got buggy at 20 months old so I replaced the battery and it performed like brand new.
    I was desperate for a Q10 like device as I was reluctant to switch to full touch due to bad past experiences.
    Couldn't wait any longer so on the 31st of January, after a month of stalking my carrier/network and harassing them for a release date, I became the proud owner of a brand new Z10.
    I haven't looked back, it only took a couple of days to get used to the lack of physical keyboard and now I don't miss it at all.
    Make the leap fellow torch owners, Embrace the Z10.

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    Ya, but the torch is the best of both worlds.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-20-13 10:51 PM
    Would anyone want this?
    03-21-13 02:19 PM
    I for one would love to see a bb with this form factor. Maybe we will get lucky and when BB releases the Q10 they will announce the next model(s) of BB to hit the market. However I do think a torch with a screen the same size as a Z10 might be a touch to big.

I mean if they kept to the original size and extended the screen both up and down to the threshhold of the silver casing and also ditched the physical keys on the right and left of the mouse pad making the entire surface touch screen i could see it.

I would want them to keep the mouse pad on the front and in general. It just makes the phone seem more like a hand held computer rather than a bloody toy. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by BBDeepZERO; 03-23-13 at 03:04 PM.
    03-23-13 01:39 PM
    I for one would love to see a bb with this form factor. Maybe we will get lucky and when BB releases the Q10 they will announce the next model(s) of BB to hit the market. However I do think a torch with a screen the same size as a Z10 might be a touch to big.

I mean if they kept to the original size and extended the screen both up and down to the threshhold of the silver casing and also ditched the physical keys on the right and left of the mouse pad making the entire surface touch screen i could see it.

I would want them to keep the mouse pad on the front and in general. It just makes the phone seem more like a hand held computer rather than a bloody toy. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    I would just like a z10 with a slide out keyboard. That would be great.

And the Dvp was 4.1 inches on a slider, and that was a very impressive design at the time.
    03-23-13 10:19 PM