Apple App Store Under Scrutiny As Customers Complain About Credit Card Fraud

Does BB World have higher security? How tight is the process to allow apps on BB World? What does it do to prevent scammers from harvesting credit card details on customer's phones?

Read that it's even possible for rogue developers to build in a code, that once the app is downloaded, the code will scan for credit card information and email the information to someone, untraced. (A good reason why we shouldn't email credit card details in emails)
    03-20-13 07:12 AM
    Well you dont have to type in the CC information after the first time, it saves it. Also you can use paypal or carrier billing if you dont want to use CC information.
    03-20-13 07:15 AM
    3rd party apps are quite limited in what they have access to. They cannot access cc info from App World, other apps data, or the browser cache. They may be able to access your "shared files" folder and your e-mail/contacts if you grant them permission. Reviewing permissions and erring on the side of caution is always a good idea, especially if the app is not from a reputable source.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-20-13 07:40 PM
    Not sure how secure it is ,
    I purchased contact x and within 24 hours my cc was frozen with multiple fraudulent charges on it, unfortunately this is the 3rd time this happened thru app world.

AT&T STL100-3 on 10.2.0.1047
    08-09-13 02:27 PM
    I've been using my debit card on BlackBerry appworld and lately I was told I made purchases online in Australia when I don't live or shop there. Not sure if it's BlackBerry appworld though, but now I'm just worried since it happened last night.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 05:00 PM