I sit here salivating over this phone. I used to be in phone sales and got a new phone seems like every 6 months. If you ask my girl it was like every 4. At one time, I had a phone with a different OS for every major US carrier. My excuse was that to sell it, I needed to use it and be able to give my customers real world reports.

But the truth is, I love phones.

Starting with a Samsung i300, I took a long road to a Treo 650 and after an inopportune hard reset, I switched to Blackberry and tried to never look back. I did cheat with an iDevice or two, but always longed for the Blackberry. I said all of that so that you can understand how invested I am in technology and to ask this...

Like the thread title asks, Is the Z10 worth the early termination fee?

As a person who went 7 years not being locked into contracts (and also either paying full price, scouring ebay, or as a manager being given a seed device) I'm currently in a contract with my Galaxy S3 on Sprint. Love the phone. Hate the service. So, I'm inclined to switch. I love the versatility of Android and all that it lets me do, but I still long for the company that made me fall in love with a smart phone. I just don't know if it's worth it.

So, does Early Term fee + cost of new phone + Higher AT&T bill = Happy Corey?
    03-19-13 10:50 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 10:54 PM
    Yes it is worth buying out. I had to pay 350 for my old phone to upgrade and don't regret it a bit! Get ur z10!!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:21 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Z10 IS aweome!!!! GO FOR IT!
    03-20-13 06:24 AM
    I sit here salivating over this phone. I used to be in phone sales and got a new phone seems like every 6 months. If you ask my girl it was like every 4. At one time, I had a phone with a different OS for every major US carrier. My excuse was that to sell it, I needed to use it and be able to give my customers real world reports.

Starting with a Samsung i300, I took a long road to a Treo 650 and after an inopportune hard reset, I switched to Blackberry and tried to never look back. I did cheat with an iDevice or two, but always longed for the Blackberry. I said all of that so that you can understand how invested I am in technology and to ask this...

As a person who went 7 years not being locked into contracts (and also either paying full price, scouring ebay, or as a manager being given a seed device) I'm currently in a contract with my Galaxy S3 on Sprint. Love the phone. Hate the service. So, I'm inclined to switch. I love the versatility of Android and all that it lets me do, but I still long for the company that made me fall in love with a smart phone. I just don't know if it's worth it.

Early Term fee + cost of new phone + 70$ all you can eat bill on T Mobile = Happy Corey.

Wait for their announcement on the 26th. Seems likely that they'll launch LTE service as well. I'm on their unlimited everything plan, been almost 2 years... and I came off AT&T....

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:29 AM
    I can't believe how expensive the US plans are. You guys need to get more/better LTE penetration and lower prices!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:36 AM
    Canadian plans are some of the highest

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:58 AM
    I am leaving Sprint! And it'll show them that we are sick of their business decisions when it comes to which phones they choose to sell!

I see it as well if you were planning on paying full retail for the phone, it'll add up almost the same anyway if you leave and buy the phone with a contract.
    R Field likes this.
    03-20-13 07:15 AM

As a former Sprint customer the answer is unequivocally yes. YES YES YES.
    03-20-13 08:01 AM
    Absolutely! I paid more than $300 to buy out the contract on my BB Bold 9900, just to get the Z10. Worth every penny. The Z10 is such a superior phone.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-20-13 08:06 AM
    On Telus in Canada, where it's not cheap to stay up on smartphones, and even after having 9900 for only a year it was still cheaper for me to buy out my contract to get the Z10 on launch day than it would've been to pay full retail for it. No regrets
    03-20-13 08:27 AM
    if you are looking for a push then 'yes'. I bought out my old contract (10 months worth) and never looked back. very happy. go for it!
    03-20-13 08:47 AM
    Worth every penny.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-20-13 11:32 AM