I desperately need to know when the next OS update is rumored to be released. Some have said March 21, others in April, what's the deal?

Some major deal breakers I'm finding (coming from a diehard 9900 user):

1. Email past 30 days. Really? For real blackberry? Oh king of email, please tell me you'll change this right quick. We need unlimited storage for emails.
    2. Some sort of push email. Please please, we need some sort of push to happen. 15min interval for pulling emails might fly for iPhone and Android users, but not this fella.

Ok those are my only real deal breakers. But they're big for a small business owner. I'm torn, cause my 9900 did email so well... but the Z10 does everything else so amazingly well... except for email.
    nathan62969 likes this.
    03-19-13 12:25 AM
    In what way do you seem to think that the phone doesn't have push email? The email client that you use is the same as before. The only difference is that instead of the BlackBerry servers polling, your phone does it instead. The only one that has changed is Gmail. I just moved to outlook.com so can't comment on the compatability of that one. I also have two pop3 accounts on my phone and they work the same as before if not better. I consistently get the email on my phone before my desktop shows its arrival.

Posted via CB10
    dhahn likes this.
    03-19-13 12:42 AM
    I desperately need to know when the next OS update is rumored to be released. Some have said March 21, others in April, what's the deal?

Some major deal breakers I'm finding (coming from a diehard 9900 user):

1. Email past 30 days. Really? For real blackberry? Oh king of email, please tell me you'll change this right quick. We need unlimited storage for emails.
    2. Some sort of push email. Please please, we need some sort of push to happen. 15min interval for pulling emails might fly for iPhone and Android users, but not this fella.

Ok those are my only real deal breakers. But they're big for a small business owner. I'm torn, cause my 9900 did email so well... but the Z10 does everything else so amazingly well... except for email.
    I'm not sure what sort of settings you're running for the email set-up, but I have mine set to Manual interval and the Push status is on. I have literally tested the email about 25 times and every time I send an email from my computer to one of my accounts on my Z10, I get the email within 2-3 seconds at the most.

I'm not entirely sure about the email issue passed 30 days, but the Push option definitely doesn't seem to be an issue at all. Also, I would like to mention that I really do miss the BIS service that would take care of my email in a sense that when I check it on my phone, it will show up on my PlayBook as read. However, this seems to be an issue that the carriers have forced BlackBerry to be stuck with so that the carriers can make more money on data. If the Z10 can be used with BES, I don't see any reason why it won't work with the BIS program for BB10.
    03-19-13 12:42 AM
    Ok I am doing something wrong then. I have a go daddy email for work, the only setting I can find is "Sync interval " with the shortest setting at 15min. I've tested several emails, all take between 5 15min to arrive on my phone. My Gmail is the only one that seems to have push.
    03-19-13 12:46 AM
    Outlook.com does a great job too of push for email, calendar and contacts.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    03-19-13 12:56 AM
    Outlook.com does a great job too of push for email, calendar and contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Let me explain my situation, because I desperately need to have this push email working.

My email is hosted through godaddy.com - they support both pop and imap. I figured perhaps I wasn't getting push email because when I setup the email on my Z10 the phone automatically chooses pop over imap. So it was set on pop, and in the settings there is no "Push" on/off toggle. Only "Sync Intervals" of which the smallest variable is 15 minutes.

I then deleted the email account, and manually set it up under imap. Now there is the "Push if Supported" on/off toggle. To which I have it switched on. There is also the "Sync Interval" option, to which I have tried both manual and 15 min settings.

In all the different setups I have described above, none of them have emails pushed to my phone, there is always a several minute delay (between 1-15min). It sure seems like 'push' is gone for me, which is a HUGE blow to my satisfaction of the device and BB10 os.

Btw - my Gmail seems to push alright. So I'm wondering if it's godaddy that just doesn't play nice? Although on the old blackberries it was instant push, I know the ways of doing things have changed with bb10, it's sad we had to lose email. Guess we're just like the others now, not king of email anymore - that's for sure.
    03-19-13 01:06 PM
    @123berryaddicted

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Go Daddy IMAP servers do not support Push or IDLE. The push capability on previous Blackberry devices using Go Daddy email was due to using rimimap.secureserver.net as the IMAP server. This IMAP server connected to BIS and BES servers.

The BIS and BES servers continually polled for new messages and then pushed them to your device.

If there are any additional questions I can assist you with please feel free to reply or send me a private message.
    h20work likes this.
    03-27-13 09:44 PM
    I also really would like to know when the 10.1 update is coming out abouts as, if there will never be the return of storage of emails for as long as I like (i.e. longer than the current 30-days, apparently), I will be seriously considering returning my device and going back to my 9810. I need emails from months prior easily accessible and it's not as simple as changing my email service provider. It's bad enough I don't have access to emails from months ago, having just got my otherwise pretty damn awesome Z10 this last weekend. But to have to go the several extra steps on my phone, into my email account through my browser to access older-than-30-days-emails, is simply unacceptable for any business professional. In 2013. And after living and thriving on indefinite email storage on my device for years.

So who has got some intel? If someone can say "yes, there will definitely be indefinite email storage in 10.1, and that update will be out in a few months," then that is all I have to hear now. And who would not want your fellow blackberry user to be really happy with their Z10, and tell others about it, so Blackberry can survive and thrive into the future, rather than have me returning my Z10 and going back to my 9810, or some other device.
    03-27-13 10:41 PM
    You are right. I have a godaddy account, a yahoo, a gmail and a work account with exchange. All are ok but nothing like my old 9900 going through BIS. The Z10 is great but mails are not pushed... Even my Nexus 4 receives my godaddy mails faster using maildroid. Its annoying not getting emails on the second; however, I will stick to the Z10 (but feel cheated!). Another thing you could do is upgrade your godaddy email to exchange and it will sync instantly which is like push; nevertheless, you will loose all email saved on the godaddy webmail when you change the account type (exchange is also more expensive). Because I don't want to loose everything saved on the webmail on my regular godaddy email I have not made the switch. If you don't mind doing this I can recommend it because my work email going through exchange gets to my Z10 instantly... Hope this helps.... Also, if anyone has any idea on how to push godaddy email to a Z10 that is different please let me know!!!!
    03-30-13 07:57 PM
    I too have the same issue with my account set up as IMAP through godaddy. No matter what settings I use, or any combo of 'push' and sync interval being 'manual' or 15 minutes, my emails are no where near immediate. I've been a die hard BB user and will continue to be because I'm confident this will be worked out soon. Also, cannot risk losing all my emails (as mentioned above) to switch to exchange through godaddy. Any attempt at support from godaddy is useless, after you get 15 replies that all ask you to review your settings, you end up with someone giving you the definition of IMAP or a link to their site explaining how to set up a new phone....all of which I've obviously already done........so, if anyone hears of any news or has suggestions on how to get godaddy IMAP email back to the way it used to be with the 9900s, please do share. I'll continue combing the forums for resolution or news, as this appears to be a hot topic for godaddy users.
    04-07-13 04:05 PM
    Did you read a few posts above yours?A godaddy support posted in the thread stating godaddy does not support push email...
    04-07-13 04:19 PM
    @blackberrykicksazz

Thank you for your reply. At this time we do not support IMAP idle. With POP and IMAP a timed interval must be set for the device to check the server for new messages. If you need a push solution a hosted exchange account would provide you the ability to sync you email.

If you have any additional concerns I would be more than happy to help. Feel free to reply or send me a private message.
    04-13-13 06:04 AM
    For those of you with GoDaddy email.....

Does your godaddy account allow automatic forwards of emails ?
    If so, set up an email account with a provider that can push, (Live, Hotmail, outlook.com etc.) forward your godaddy emails there, and you will have them within 5 or 6 seconds.
    04-13-13 06:19 AM
    I just got the new Z10 and I regret not having done some more extensive research before.

I had been loyal to BB because I loved how it pushed emails from my godaddy email accounts, until yesterday I was very satisfied with how my old 9900 performed on this subject... now, I'm frustrated, disappointed and regret I got the Z10. Sure it looks nice, but just as everyone else who has posted here, my emails take a long time to reach me. I own a small company, travel a lot and email is crucial to my business. I simply can't afford delays in receiving emails.

I don't have the technical knowledge to understand why email push no longer works on the Z10 with godaddy email accounts, all I know is that it used to work like a charm and now simply it doesn't no matter what configuration I use.

I was tempted to switch to android but decided to be loyal to BB, that was a BIG MISTAKE. To my disgrace I got three Z10s, signed an 18 month contract and live in Mexico where there's no way I can return these nice useless Z10s. I hate myself for not finding this post before yesterday.
    04-20-13 06:14 PM
    Ok I am doing something wrong then. I have a go daddy email for work, the only setting I can find is "Sync interval " with the shortest setting at 15min. I've tested several emails, all take between 5 15min to arrive on my phone. My Gmail is the only one that seems to have push.
    First thing you did wrong was having GoDaddy as your host! LOL!
    Hate GoDaddy personally and charge my clients extra for work I do if they use them.
    04-20-13 06:22 PM
    I just got the new Z10 and I regret not having done some more extensive research before.

I had been loyal to BB because I loved how it pushed emails from my godaddy email accounts, until yesterday I was very satisfied with how my old 9900 performed on this subject... now, I'm frustrated, disappointed and regret I got the Z10. Sure it looks nice, but just as everyone else who has posted here, my emails take a long time to reach me. I own a small company, travel a lot and email is crucial to my business. I simply can't afford delays in receiving emails.

I don't have the technical knowledge to understand why email push no longer works on the Z10 with godaddy email accounts, all I know is that it used to work like a charm and now simply it doesn't no matter what configuration I use.

I was tempted to switch to android but decided to be loyal to BB, that was a BIG MISTAKE. To my disgrace I got three Z10s, signed an 18 month contract and live in Mexico where there's no way I can return these nice useless Z10s. I hate myself for not finding this post before yesterday.
    Try this link to help you set up accounts.
    04-20-13 06:23 PM
    @NativoMX

The push capability on previous Blackberry devices using Go Daddy email was due to using rimimap.secureserver.net as the IMAP server. This IMAP server connected to BIS and BES servers. Then those servers continually polled the email server and then pushed the email to your device.

Feel free to reply to me via private message and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
    04-26-13 09:56 PM
    After reading all the posts and reply I am confused. I too should have done more research before changing to Z10 from a great working Torch. Please sum up the resolution to the issue(s): How do we, users of Z10 and Godaddy email, get the push working again? Do we pay Godaddy more money? Do we wait for some unknown amount of time for a potential resolution? Or, should we simply throw the devices back to Canada and let the company fail?

The Z10 really seems to be a great device. My two issues are no (longer) push email on a platform that use to work great. Secondly, no native sync with Outlook. Really? Both use to work great. Not the device is almost useless to me.

Signed, Uneasy-still somewhat loyal BB user and fan.
    06-04-13 10:07 PM
    @BB_Larry,

As stated previously, since Blackberry no is not using BIS and BES servers with Blackberry 10 push no longer works with IMAP and POP email accounts. Those servers continually polled the email server and pushed the messages to the device. Push will work however, when using an Exchange email account which uses Active Sync. Active sync pushes the emails from the email server to any connected devices without the need of any server in the middle as was needed with legacy devices.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reply to me via private message and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
    06-07-13 05:18 AM