Yay for more updates. Despite this not being a handset update, i'm still happy they are making the Link better... =]

This is what's written:
    BlackBerry Link v1.0.1 lets you import contacts and calendar appointments from Microsoft Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, along with other improvements to the user interface. You can sync and share media files, such as music and photos, between your BlackBerry 10 devices and computer. You can also switch from a previous BlackBerry device, back up your data, update your device software and more!

Share to all about your findings under this update!
    marcati, ESCON and nico2004 like this.
    03-18-13 10:41 PM
    Awesome about the Outlook Sync! Hope it works with 2013
    03-18-13 10:57 PM
    Ah, but is it Outlook sync or just the ability to import? I hope it is full sync.
    03-18-13 11:34 PM
    No, it's one way in this release.

Posted via CB10
    Young Z likes this.
    03-18-13 11:37 PM
    They said that the first big update would be to offer importing only. The next one will be full syncing.
    03-18-13 11:52 PM
    But it works beautifully, so glad to be able to get calendar on phone again
    Yes still one way only, but they promised they would start with this and came through so am happy!
    just waiting for Skype so I can chat with my sister in Athens
    getting closer to that "PERFERCT 10" status!!
    stevepar likes this.
    03-19-13 12:13 AM
    how do u update the bb link? mine is still version 1.0.0.76...
    03-19-13 01:07 AM
    03-19-13 01:27 AM
    oh...have to manually download the whole software and re-install it? i thought the BB link will prompt me for the software update...
    03-19-13 01:44 AM
    oh...have to manually download the whole software and re-install it? i thought the BB link will prompt me for the software update...
    It should but you can download directly too. The download is going very slowly for me, so I guess lots of people are downloading and so the automatic update might take a while to kick in.
    03-19-13 02:06 AM
    I opened version 76 tonight to backup my Z10 and saw an update notice for Link.

I updated to 1.0.1.12. It went fairly smoothly on the download and install, but that's where the smoothness ended.

After restarting my laptop I tried opening the updated Link and what a nightmare. S... L... O... W...

But on the bright side, at least I didn't get the late 90's style blue screen of death which version 76 was giving me on a regular basis. After a couple of hours I gave up trying to get it to work, figuring that maybe if I just left the laptop to think on it while I got some sleep, maybe it'll work better in the morning, lol. Sometimes BB stuff is like that.

In summary, I can't tell you how the updated version works compared to the old version, because it doesn't work... yet...
    03-19-13 04:53 AM
    I'm glad to hear they rolled this out. I'll be even happier if (when) it's fully functional by the time I get my Z10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    03-19-13 05:29 AM

I updated to 1.0.1.12. It went fairly smoothly on the download and install, but that's where the smoothness ended.

After restarting my laptop I tried opening the updated Link and what a nightmare. S... L... O... W...

But on the bright side, at least I didn't get the late 90's style blue screen of death which version 76 was giving me on a regular basis. After a couple of hours I gave up trying to get it to work, figuring that maybe if I just left the laptop to think on it while I got some sleep, maybe it'll work better in the morning, lol. Sometimes BB stuff is like that.

In summary, I can't tell you how the updated version works compared to the old version, because it doesn't work... yet...
    Wonder how you got BlackBerry Link v1.0.1.12 when the update is BlackBerry Link v1.0.1.11
    03-19-13 09:26 AM
    Just updated Link and still can't back-up my Z10. This is really getting annoying...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 09:32 AM
    How did you get this working, I have Windows 8 Office 2013 when I push import from outlook I get the error
    Blackberry link has not detected a Microsoft Outlook Profile.
    What am I doing wrong.
    03-19-13 09:38 AM
    I downloaded version point 11 which took an hour but when it installed it showed point 12.

Even though I downloaded outside link it upgraded and kept my existing settings.

I tried doing a backup and it churns away for longer now but it still doesn't work so I guess they concentrated on the outlook sync part which they promised, unfortunately I don't need that bit so didn't do me any good.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 09:39 AM
    I run Windows 8 and the Z10 backs up fine on mine.
    03-19-13 09:42 AM
    Backup worked with a 1GB plus file, an upgrade over the previous version that required random removal of apps/paring down in file size to complete successfully. Seems a bit slow to me, but really not something I would use that often, so I can live with that.

Has anyone restored? Previous version was an all or nothing proposition. Does this one allow selective restore?
    03-19-13 10:43 AM

Wonder how you got BlackBerry Link v1.0.1.12 when the update is BlackBerry Link v1.0.1.11
    Here is an update on my updated Link software.

It is indeed 1.0.1.12, I even double-checked by looking at the Conrol Panel on my laptop. I was told by BB technical support that the carriers would have something to do with this update so I'm on Bell if that has anything to do with the software version.

I started Link again this morning during a break, and it shocked me by starting immediately with no 'not responding' freezes at all. The Link window immediately populated with my computer files, again without freezing as it used to do.

I plugged my Z10 in to the computer by USB cable just to make sure I was testing one feature at a time, and a window immediately appeared on the Z10 that said a backup had started. The backup took less than five minutes to complete. The Link window then populated with the Z10 files. I checked Settings, etc. and the backup had registered.

I was able to switch back and forth between the computer and the Z10 device in the Link window, again with no freezes.

A new item showed up with the update on my Control Panel on the computer, a 'Blackberry Device Manager'.

All of the above now work F... A... S... T... instead of s... l... o... w... as the old version did. I unplugged the Z10 so I could test the wireless functionality of Link, and it worked well; although it was affected by slight variations in the wireless signal strength... understandable I guess.

In conclusion, it appears that BB has indeed fixed the Link software. I've been ragging on about this for quite a while in my posts, so I can now officially say that I take it all back, LOL (although I'm still shaking my head that it wasn't working properly at the launch of BB10, but that's for another thread.)

And another point, I had read in a number of threads here of software items taking overnight or longer to establish themselves once downloaded, so I cooled my jets last night and left the update for a while, and sure enough when I got back to it today, it was working great. I have no idea how THAT works, but it's something for all of us to remember with this and future updates.
    03-19-13 02:04 PM
    Here is an update on my updated Link software.

It is indeed 1.0.1.12, I even double-checked by looking at the Conrol Panel on my laptop. I was told by BB technical support that the carriers would have something to do with this update so I'm on Bell if that has anything to do with the software version.

I started Link again this morning during a break, and it shocked me by starting immediately with no 'not responding' freezes at all. The Link window immediately populated with my computer files, again without freezing as it used to do.

I plugged my Z10 in to the computer by USB cable just to make sure I was testing one feature at a time, and a window immediately appeared on the Z10 that said a backup had started. The backup took less than five minutes to complete. The Link window then populated with the Z10 files. I checked Settings, etc. and the backup had registered.

I was able to switch back and forth between the computer and the Z10 device in the Link window, again with no freezes.

A new item showed up with the update on my Control Panel on the computer, a 'Blackberry Device Manager'.

All of the above now work F... A... S... T... instead of s... l... o... w... as the old version did. I unplugged the Z10 so I could test the wireless functionality of Link, and it worked well; although it was affected by slight variations in the wireless signal strength... understandable I guess.

In conclusion, it appears that BB has indeed fixed the Link software. I've been ragging on about this for quite a while in my posts, so I can now officially say that I take it all back, LOL (although I'm still shaking my head that it wasn't working properly at the launch of BB10, but that's for another thread.)

And another point, I had read in a number of threads here of software items taking overnight or longer to establish themselves once downloaded, so I cooled my jets last night and left the update for a while, and sure enough when I got back to it today, it was working great. I have no idea how THAT works, but it's something for all of us to remember with this and future updates.
    Are you able to see the version of "BlackBerry Device Manager" that it updated. I didn't get a prompt for that update, it's still slow and backup isn't working....

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:00 AM
    I am downloading the BB Link right now and the version is 1.0.1.15
    03-20-13 02:55 PM
    Are you able to see the version of "BlackBerry Device Manager" that it updated. I didn't get a prompt for that update, it's still slow and backup isn't working....

Posted via CB10
    It's 'Blackberry Device Software Updater' version 6.0.1.27

Maybe that's for transferring contacts etc. from my old device?

If you don't mind, who's your carrier? It might be different versions for different carriers.
    03-20-13 03:18 PM
    OK So I downloaded it and installed then clicked About and it said it was Version 1.0.1.17

My carrier is Wind, but I don't think that has anything to do with it since I downloaded by following the link in one of the posts above. That went to the Blackberry website and it didn't ask for my carrier when I downloaded the .exe file.
    03-20-13 03:24 PM
    I run Windows 8 and the Z10 backs up fine on mine.
    Same here, haven't had any issues!
    03-20-13 09:26 PM
    yeah mine is currently sitting at .12 but suddenly i randomly visited the bb link website and when i hit the download button, the version has jumped to .15 just now so i decided to redownload this build and gonna update mine soon after it's finished downloading. see how it goes...
    03-21-13 12:48 AM