So such got my Z10 and the battery doesn't last more then 12 hours even though I am not even using it. Help!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:05 PM
    First try making the screen less brighter
    Settings > display > brightness
    Then close any unneeded apps and delete unnecessary apps that works in background
    Try not have keep your phone in hot places
    The hotter the device gets the faster the battery drains, that's why arabs use a lot of chargers -.-
    And update your device OS
    The new OS improves ur battery's lifetime

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M Ress; 03-18-13 at 06:23 PM.
    03-18-13 06:12 PM
    Thanks I will try that!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:14 PM
    Thanks I will try that!

Posted via CB10
    for the first couple of charges kill it and recharge completely.. helps with battery life
    03-18-13 06:18 PM
    It took like a week before my battery stopped fooling around and got serious

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:19 PM
    So such got my Z10 and the battery doesn't last more then 12 hours even though I am not even using it. Help!!!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah this is normal for the first few days of usage as the phone is archiving data, learning your habits etc etc (once it gets past this and after a few charge cycles it should stabilize). Updating to the latest OS 10.85 would also greatly help battery performance.

On your end, you can also help by reducing the screen brightness, if you are in a zone where LTE isn't steady you can turn this off (constant searching depletes battery quickly!) There are many other tricks/tips around, just do a quick search! Cheers.
    03-18-13 06:21 PM
    Make sure you have downloaded the latest software update and use 4G instead of LTE - makes a huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:22 PM
    How do I turn the LTE off?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:28 PM
    for the first couple of charges kill it and recharge completely.. helps with battery life
    Do exactly this for the first few charge cycles (or at least let it get below 10% before you charge again, then charge it until it's at 95% or over before taking it off the charge.) if you do this between 5 and 10 times it should stabilise the battery and start giving you a decent amount of battery time. Also, try going to the help tips section on the Crackberry homepage (not the forums) to see their article "10 tips to extend your battery Life." let us know how you get on, and enjoy the phone!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-18-13 06:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Swipe from top down for the settings, then "network connections ", select "mobile network ". Under network technology, choose HSPA+
    03-18-13 06:33 PM
    There are a lot I mean a lot of us out here that are not getting close to 12 hrs with moderate use. I think your doing Ok.
    Just saying

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 07:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Settings

I recommend exploring the device to learn its features.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-18-13 07:21 PM
    Had my phone for 5 days now. Dies every day before the end of the day. No calls, a few texts, wifi on most of the day, received maybe 10 emails each day, maybe 2-3 hours of gaming. Thats about it. (brightness at 50%)
    Phone gets hot when I use it for gaming so thats definitely killing the battery life.

Kind of disappointed that I can't last a full day.

I know, it's supposed to get better after a week, but at this point, my initial impression has been destroyed already. Guess thats why so many people are complaining about better life. And the battery hasn't really been getting much better.

Yes, I already have the newest update.
    And I've got brightness set at 50%.

I'll update if my battery life miraculously gets better after a week.
    03-18-13 09:37 PM
    Had my phone for 5 days now. Dies every day before the end of the day. No calls, a few texts, wifi on most of the day, received maybe 10 emails each day, maybe 2-3 hours of gaming. Thats about it. (brightness at 50%)
    Phone gets hot when I use it for gaming so thats definitely killing the battery life.

Kind of disappointed that I can't last a full day.

I know, it's supposed to get better after a week, but at this point, my initial impression has been destroyed already. Guess thats why so many people are complaining about better life. And the battery hasn't really been getting much better.

Yes, I already have the newest update.
    And I've got brightness set at 50%.

I'll update if my battery life miraculously gets better after a week.
    1. Do you get strong wifi signals most of the day? If the signal is weak or you walk in and out of hotspots a lot, you battery will die faster. The same with cell phone signals.
    2. Do you have a lot accounts on push? Even though you don't receive lots of messages, but push accounts will constantly check for new messages, that could burn more batteries. Push account includes facebook, twitter, calendars, or any apps getting updates in the background.
    3. Do you have a thick case? thick case usually do not allow heat dissipate fast, so the phone would run at a higher than normal temperature. Not a big deal but could make 1 or 2 worse.
    4. 2-3 hours of gaming will burn a lot of juice...
    03-18-13 09:55 PM
    When I first got my Z10 the battery had low self esteem, so what I did was encourage it with some singing until it fell asleep. Then a few days later it had confidence.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 10:00 PM
    03-18-13 10:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Go to settings > network > mobile network > select hspa+

Note you will still get 4G speeds and way better battery life. Not all carriers allow this setting i.e att&t

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 06:09 PM