App Name: Alien Flow for reddit
    Summary:
    The app is free (although it contains an in-app purchase) so you can figure out all the features quickly enough by trying it. Nevertheless, here's a quick summary:
    • login
    • view your front page
    • upvote, downvote, save, report, hide posts
    • upvote, downvote, report comments
    • infinite scroll through posts
    • view subreddits
    • make comments on posts and other comments
    • and more!

Link to BlackBerry World Listing: BlackBerry World - Alien Flow for reddit
    Price: Free

Alien Flow for reddit is live-upvotedandsaved.jpg Alien Flow for reddit is live-alienflowday.jpg

* sorry about the giant images. I have no idea how this forums markdown works for images. Not sure how to resize them.
    03-18-13 03:27 PM
    Cool, going to check it out now.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 03:29 PM
    sweet, gonna check it out.. reddit is one of my fav apps yet the original app stinks
    03-18-13 03:35 PM
    Used the app for a while this afternoon and it's really nice. If I could make one suggestion, it'd be awesome if Reader mode was available when viewing websites in app.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:14 PM
    Very nice app... Looking forward to seeing what's next!
    03-18-13 06:13 PM
    Contribute to deciding what's next! I'm taking suggestions on reddit.com/r/AlienFlow

There's a ton of possible features, and it's hard for me to decide what to implement. Reddit's users vary widely in their browsing habits and use cases, so I'd appreciate any suggestions. If I get no suggestions I'll just continue implementing features based on how frequently I use them.
    03-18-13 06:24 PM
    Got and love it. Thanks. Is it possible to add Allen Flow as part of the share list is bb10?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 09:41 PM
    What do you mean, exactly? Are you wanting to submit links and images to reddit via the app? That is a planned feature, although it isn't in my immediate pipeline (so it's probably about 1 month out).
    03-18-13 09:56 PM
    This is what i mean. Having Alien Flow as an option in the "Share" list.

Alien Flow for reddit is live-img_00000178.png

Posted via CB10
    sputnikcdn likes this.
    03-18-13 11:47 PM
    Right... so when you clicked Alien Flow you would want it to then show you a page that allows you to submit the link or image (as a post) to reddit? That will be implemented.
    Last edited by BrennanR2; 03-19-13 at 12:25 AM.
    dietertong likes this.
    03-18-13 11:52 PM
    how about changing the icon to something more reddity? might work to attract more users if you had something more recognizable at first glance
    03-19-13 09:32 AM
    Does anyone know how to go back to the frontpage once you are in a subreddit?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 09:34 AM
    To get back to the frontpage click the "front page" entry in the list on the "Subreddit" page in the same way you would go to any subreddit. I will make going back to the front page much more intuitive in a version in the near future.

I don't like my icon, but as far as more recognizable icons go, only the Reddit alien strikes me as such. Unfortunately that is a trademark of reddit, so I'd have to license it. For the time being I don't want to enter a licensing agreement with reddit.
    03-19-13 11:23 AM
    Awesome. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 02:01 PM
    Any plans to encrypt passwords sent during login?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:02 PM
    Any plans to encrypt passwords sent during login?

Posted via CB10
    No plans, I actually don't think it's possible. Reddit expects to receive a plain text password and provides no API for handling any type of encrypted password. This would be a limitation of any reddit application you can find (as far as I know), regardless of platform. I don't think reddit supports https request as far as I know.

I'll look into it a little further, but I don't think it's possible. As long as users login over a cell network and not WiFi they should be quite safe (although cell network encryption is apparently crackable I've been told it is not easy).

edit: just to be clear, unless someone is actively sniffing the WiFi network logging in over WiFi is quite safe too. I'd just be careful while on public WiFi.
    03-20-13 11:22 PM
    After further investigation it does appear reddit support OAuth login. I may look at supporting it in the future. At the time being that would probably take a month of my development time to implement, so I wouldn't expect it in the near future. OAuth is about the worst thing I've ever had to deal with as a programmer.
    03-20-13 11:28 PM
    I can't seem to select or copy text from within the app. Clicking on links to websites from within the app doesn't seem to work either. Can someone help me with this?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 02:36 PM