I have a Torch 9810 and have been quite pleased with it. I use it a lot, but have used the cloud to store to reduce the os load.

I acquired the error message above and did the logical battery pull, no response. Then when I got home, looked on Blackberry forum and discovered "Upgrade to a version of BlackBerry 7.1 which includes the fix for DT 3547568" recommendation.

False, it does not. I have 7.1 os from ATT and it has worked fine. It does not fix the DT 3547568.

There is no useful information on Blackberry forums as the majority are for quite old os. Most of the web based forums refer to the occurence when the memory is low. Checking the memory on my phone, it is 35% empty.
    Please advise how to fix this java error. There is a bbsak.org rec on one of the forums, but that app is notoriously poor at accomplishing anything legit.

I am looking for a fix that will work with the 7.1 os.
    03-18-13 01:07 PM
    I've never had that null pointer.
    In any case, I'd use an application (like BBSAK, BBBoss or other similars) to wipe the device. Make sure you do a backup (if you can) before the wipe, as you'll lose everything. Then I'd go for an OS reload. Try out the recent Digicell version, it's quite good.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-18-13 02:15 PM
    A reload would fix it. Or maybe a ulty app

You installed any app before this error came?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-18-13 03:37 PM
    I have a Torch 9810 and have been quite pleased with it. I use it a lot, but have used the cloud to store to reduce the os load.

I acquired the error message above and did the logical battery pull, no response. Then when I got home, looked on Blackberry forum and discovered "Upgrade to a version of BlackBerry 7.1 which includes the fix for DT 3547568" recommendation.

False, it does not. I have 7.1 os from ATT and it has worked fine. It does not fix the DT 3547568.

There is no useful information on Blackberry forums as the majority are for quite old os. Most of the web based forums refer to the occurence when the memory is low. Checking the memory on my phone, it is 35% empty.
    Please advise how to fix this java error. There is a bbsak.org rec on one of the forums, but that app is notoriously poor at accomplishing anything legit.

I am looking for a fix that will work with the 7.1 os.
    The old information still applies to OS7 devices.

BBSAK is excellent for wiping your device. And install OS 7.1.0.861. Seems like you have a corrupted .cod somewhere.
    03-18-13 04:45 PM