After updating to the latest OS, the Hub is simply a black screen. I can still see the battery, clock and signal bars, and the swipes from top and bottom still work, however the hub is apparently missing.

I've found a few other threads about this, with none of the suggestions resulting in any luck. Any other suggestions on how to resolve this?
    - Security Wipe + Apply OS Updates: no change
    - Security Wipe without OS Updates: no change
    - 5-diagonal swipes: no change (not even sure if I'm doing this right, since there is no response)
    - Waiting for "hub to load": no change
    - Battery Pull and wait: no change

Other apps work fine, however the core messaging app doesn't seem to be functioning at all.

It's a Z10 on Bell, and it's a brand new device (picked it up yesterday).

Thanks.
    03-18-13 10:45 AM
    After updating to the latest OS, the Hub is simply a black screen. I can still see the battery, clock and signal bars, and the swipes from top and bottom still work, however the hub is apparently missing.

I've found a few other threads about this, with none of the suggestions resulting in any luck. Any other suggestions on how to resolve this?
    - Security Wipe + Apply OS Updates: no change
    - Security Wipe without OS Updates: no change
    - 5-diagonal swipes: no change (not even sure if I'm doing this right, since there is no response)
    - Waiting for "hub to load": no change
    - Battery Pull and wait: no change

Other apps work fine, however the core messaging app doesn't seem to be functioning at all.

It's a Z10 on Bell, and it's a brand new device (picked it up yesterday).

Thanks.

weird.... have you tried a reboot.. hold down power and volume button for 10 sec. or try taking out battery and pluging into computer. sounds like you need to to an os wipe and try reloading... more than likely there was a pause or interuption when updating..it can happen with tech.. plug it into your computer and try reloading it..if that doesn't work... call bell or take it back to the store you got it might be a dud...good luck
    03-18-13 11:54 AM
    Same thing happened to me this morning? Only difference was I was in the US for week. Turned it off for the plane ride home, when turned back on there was no Hub page, text messages or contacts?
    03-18-13 12:02 PM
    plug it into your computer and try reloading it.
    I'd second this. I don't have a Z10 so I'm just guessing, but I know that with my Playbook, restoring the OS from the desktop software works differently than just doing a security wipe. I lose my PlayBook's desktop patterns (etc.) for example when just doing a wipe, while the desktop software restores everything properly.
    03-18-13 12:03 PM
    Thanks.
    You should get a message stating that it's Preparing Hub (or something like that). You're swiping from top right? It's tricky, I saw the video from Kevin and tried it just for a laugh, took me several attempts.

Just did it again. Make sure you're just below the Status Bar at top right (where LTE/4G, BB Logo, Signal Bars are). Swipe down and to the left, ie: / ... Slow, and just short swipes. I think mine actually restarted after four this time...

Anyway, if that doesn't work, plug in your phone via usb to the computer and in Blackberry Link click the gear icon (top right) and you should have a RELOAD DEVICE SOFTWARE tab available. Good luck.
    03-18-13 12:16 PM
    I've encountered this issue with my wife's Z10 on Bell also. Hub is a black screen, and the contacts app simply will not start. I have wiped/re-loaded the software via BB Link to no avail. I've tried the 5 swipes, everything.

To the OP, did you ever find resolution? Did you return the phone to Bell?

EDIT
    Last night I reset the phone to factory settings once more via Link and skipped the available update. Same issues were present. Then I checked for the available software update and sure enough it was available but the size was 355MB?!. This had me cautiously optimistic as this was over twice the size of what the update should have been for the same version. And it seems to have fixed the issues! No idea why the initial reload was missing features, just glad to have her Z10 back!
    Last edited by tpmbb10; 04-06-13 at 06:04 AM.
    04-05-13 08:37 PM
    I didn't have to return the phone, reloading the device software did the trick.
    04-08-13 08:36 AM
    Nice, glad to hear it!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:15 AM
    Just FYI, none of the solutions here worked for me, but I did come up with a workaround. I have posted here for anyone who is interested.
    My Personal Technology KB to share: Missing/Black Blackberry HUB (After update, after security wipe)
    09-05-13 12:59 AM