Rather than submitting to two separate threads, I thought I'd start one thread on this topic. I released an App for the PlayBook and Z10 roughly 10 and 3 days ago respectively. My app reached the coveted Top Paid Featured Apps section on BlackBerry World. Then it was pulled. The reason was "We can not facilitated the download of copyrighted content, so we can�t approve your app." The mail was written by one Freddy Hendrawan.

Icicle - The Sting of having an approved app pulled from sale-icicle_releases.png

My App was called Icicle, and it allowed you to Download and save YouTube videos. Up until yesterday, it would respect the YouTube video download restrictions so you couldn't download any music videos and the like. Yesterday's releases bypassed this restriction. But why deny the entire App? Why not just deny the latest releases?

I wrote something along these lines as a response to BlackBerry. I then pulled out the restrictions bypassing modules and re-submit the application. If the past was any indication, I'd have to wait a while before I get a response. The app itself took close to a month and a half to approve. When it was approved, it was done so in the first go. I don't understand why it would be approved, allow on sale for 10 days and then get pulled off completely. I think that's a bit harsh.
    03-18-13 03:57 AM
    AFAIK they don't keep older versions of apps. If an update is done that breaks the guidelines of what they'll allow, they will just remove the app in question. Apple and Google would have done the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 04:28 AM
    Well, that would explain it I guess. Let me see if they re-approve the app based on the new builds.
    03-18-13 04:34 AM
    I hope your app will be approved again soon. I was going to purchase the app and realized I could no longer find it!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:57 AM
    That sucks. I purchased the app today and when I started downloading it, it gave me a network error. So i just paid and never got the chance to download it. and Now it's gone.

I hope you can get it approved somehow.
    03-18-13 07:46 AM
    That sucks. I purchased the app today and when I started downloading it, it gave me a network error. So i just paid and never got the chance to download it. and Now it's gone.

I hope you can get it approved somehow.
    @BBMak, sent you a PM.
    03-18-13 08:06 AM
    Hi everyone,

For those interested in purchasing the latest version of Icicle, you can buy a copy from here: Icicle - A Downloader for YouTube

You will need to sideload the application onto your device. These latest versions allow unrestricted video downloads from YouTube and also cover a few bugfixes. For the folks that already purchased Icicle, please sit tight, I'm working on an easy way for you to submit your BlackBerry World proof of purchase so that we can get you connected with the latest version.
    DJRikko and Sexy Sadie like this.
    03-26-13 01:35 PM
    Sounds great, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:35 PM