Verizon must be the biggest money grubbing pain in the you know what.
    First they hold your GPS hostage so they can sell crappy VZ Nav.
    Now they are forcing me to drop my data plan for one that really stinks big time just to get a Z10.
    I think they make enough off of me now.
    03-17-13 07:40 PM
    You do have the option of buying full price or Waiting till they come on ebay to keep your unlimited
    03-17-13 07:42 PM
    I was able to keep my unlimited plan, just had to pay full price.
    03-17-13 07:44 PM
    They aren't "holding you hostage" or forcing you to do anything at all.

You have complete choice.

Purchase the device at full retail and keep your existing plan. Or get a subsidized device (and keep in mind that this means that Verizon is SUBSIDIZING the cost of the phone in this case) and you will have to change to a new plan.

Life is about choices. Accept responsibility for the choices you make.
    03-17-13 07:47 PM
    I was able to keep my unlimited plan, just had to pay full price.
    Exactly what I did. Now I'm just waiting for an app like "tether" so I can bypass their hotspot/tether bs.
    03-17-13 07:57 PM
    Exactly what I did. Now I'm just waiting for an app like "tether" so I can bypass their hotspot/tether bs.
    Exactly! ;-)
    03-17-13 08:14 PM
    Exactly! ;-)
    Me as well! The choice really is yours...
    03-17-13 08:30 PM
    I stop in my local vzw yesterday just to see if they might have a demo of the z10.( Nope.) But i got talking to a rep and he told me a way to keep my unlimited plan was add another line for 10 bucks and the just transfer my number to that new line. He said that now vzw will let you have ten devices on one plan..Just a side note i have stop in three other vzw stores and got three different answers. Does anybody know if this is true about adding another line. Thanks
    03-17-13 08:42 PM
    I stop in my local vzw yesterday just to see if they might have a demo of the z10.( Nope.) But i got talking to a rep and he told me a way to keep my unlimited plan was add another line for 10 bucks and the just transfer my number to that new line. He said that now vzw will let you have ten devices on one plan..Just a side note i have stop in three other vzw stores and got three different answers. Does anybody know if this is true about adding another line. Thanks
    I'm unsure about this, the old plans could add lines for 10 bucks (I think) but EACH had to have their own data plan if I recall (and now they don't offer unlimted) so you'd be paying a lot more than 10 for an extra line, and would probably cost a lot long term. Easier just to pay the 599 and not worry about them screwing your account up.
    03-17-13 08:54 PM
    As a VZW CSR, You do have the option to add a line if you have one of the older Nationwide Plans. As I've seen from complaints from different customers, it seems when you purchase in store they force the new "Share Everything Plan" on the customer. Best bet would probably be: 1. Buy at full retail if you are really not wanting to lose the unlimited data plan (might want to check your 3month avg through My VZ) or 2. Wait until they hit Ebay. I have seen the hassles that customers have gone with speaking with store reps. Not downing the company just speaking from customer experience. You could also speak with a CSR over the phone and get over to telesales to see what they say about adding a line. One more thing if you have multiple lines with upgrades, do buddy upgrades (it's like a backdoor to get around losing UNL data)
    DawnMills likes this.
    03-17-13 08:56 PM
    I'm unsure about this, the old plans could add lines for 10 bucks (I think) but EACH had to have their own data plan if I recall (and now they don't offer unlimted) so you'd be paying a lot more than 10 for an extra line, and would probably cost a lot long term. Easier just to pay the 599 and not worry about them screwing your account up.
    I agree. I have seen them mess up accounts badly.
    03-17-13 08:57 PM
    For me I dropped my unlimited data and am paying for a data plan which is actually going to save me money per month. I checked my usage over the past few months and I didn't exceed 2 gigs so that's the plan I have. Normally when I do the heaviest data driven activities I'm on wifi. This kinda happened to me:
    As I've seen from complaints from different customers, it seems when you purchase in store they force the new "Share Everything Plan" on the customer.
    I was armed already knowing my data though so it wasn't too bad. Lurking the CB forums really helps arm you with info... Thanks to all you guys!
    03-17-13 09:23 PM
    For me I dropped my unlimited data and am paying for a data plan which is actually going to save me money per month. I checked my usage over the past few months and I didn't exceed 2 gigs so that's the plan I have. Normally when I do the heaviest data driven activities I'm on wifi. This kinda happened to me:

I was armed already knowing my data though so it wasn't too bad. Lurking the CB forums really helps arm you with info... Thanks to all you guys!

A lot of people that I've talked to think they use A LOT of data but when you look at your avg its probably low.

Don't get me wrong though, I know there's some people who use TONS of data.

WIFI will be my best friend when I get my new 2yr plan with AT&T this Friday. Gonna play it safe lol.
    03-17-13 09:37 PM
    I think you will only be psychologically happy for having unlimted data plan....coz as soon as you beyond 6GB monthly data the speed will be tanked....so dont know whether paying full price is good idea or not.I mean they take the decision not us.
    03-22-13 01:28 PM
    Several people commented that I could buy it at retail and keep my plan. The answer to that is NO you can't. I tried that route and was required to change the data plan reguardless.
    05-23-13 02:23 PM