Hey

Have been been looking around but no success so far. Does anyone know how to disable Facebook events (like birthdays) from the hub?
    I refer to the pull down events in the hub.

I have taken Facebook off my contacts and calender refreshed in the hub and it still shows up. A little bit annoying .

Any advice or rips would be greatly appreciated.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:04 AM
    Go to settings, accounts, facebook, then toggle what you want from there. I turned them off too. Just messages get through to the hub for me.
    03-17-13 08:09 AM
    That was meant to be advice or tips.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:09 AM
    Cheers will give it a crack

Mike posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:12 AM
    I don't mind seeing the notifications initially, but I don't like having the there all the time. I'll go into the Hub, display only Facebook notifications, then hold on the date and delete previous. That wipes them all out.
    03-17-13 08:57 AM
    I don't mind seeing the notifications initially, but I don't like having the there all the time. I'll go into the Hub, display only Facebook notifications, then hold on the date and delete previous. That wipes them all out.
    Ya but for some it can be the sheer frequency of these notifications that become a pain in the arse. I personally don't care to know that someone "invited" me to play some game, or need to know that someone posted on my wall. These are things that can wait till I go on FB. Birthday's populate my calendar so will be shown when I pull down from the hub or go to the calendar app, so again, no need for a notification. The only thing of importance, to me anyway, is having the messages get through as I actually have a couple of clients that contact me via that method sometimes.
    03-17-13 09:11 AM
    Followed cjcampbells advice and it worked a treat. Just remember to press refresh in the hub.
    It was driving me nuts having copious Facebook birthday events.

Mike posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and Deanig_12 like this.
    03-18-13 08:23 AM
    It was driving me nuts having copious Facebook birthday events.Mike posted via CB10
    SAME HERE!!! All of the notifications from FB in my HUB/Calendar were really annoying for me. I just want what is important to me displayed and this fix just made my day. I've been streamlining this phone since I got it Sunday morning with tips and tricks, its making this one **** of a phone! Now to get this battery to last a few hours longer and I've got the perfect device!! Thanks
    03-26-13 04:50 PM
    Go to settings, accounts, facebook, then toggle what you want from there. I turned them off too. Just messages get through to the hub for me.
    It's unfortunate that I can't have facebook events, without facebook birthdays in the pull down part of the hub. I wish I could keep the events, but not everybody's birthday. Oh we'll, that was the same issue on iOS as well. Thanks for the solution though. Any important events, I will just put in my calendar.
    06-07-13 03:29 PM
    Thread revival!

This saved my frazzled nerves, thanks!
    12-19-14 05:45 PM
    It's unfortunate that I can't have facebook events, without facebook birthdays in the pull down part of the hub. I wish I could keep the events, but not everybody's birthday. Oh we'll, that was the same issue on iOS as well. Thanks for the solution though. Any important events, I will just put in my calendar.
    Agreed. Sadly, I now have so many Facebook contacts that I can't afford to wish each one happy birthday.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    12-19-14 05:58 PM