I've had my Z10 for almost a month now and I'm more than happy with it.

There is one thing though, and it has become more regular over the past week. The Z10 reboots, without warning, at least (over the past few days) once a day.

It goes through it's reboot process and the first I know about it is the ready ring (the ring sound it sets off once it's rebooted).

I don't have the most recent OS version (10.0.10.**) because Orange France refuse to release it for some reason, but I'm guessing this is a software problem and not some strange setting I've not noticed which tells the phone to reset once a day.

Any ideas about anything I can do, or do I just live with it until the software update and hope it goes away then?

Thanks for any help and advice

Si.
    xiamiba likes this.
    03-16-13 03:43 PM
    Having the random reboot issue as well, not as regularly though. Some days it doesn't reboot at all, about once a week it does. Today was "reboot day", it shut down twice within hours while in the BB swivel holster. I noticed cause it asked for my SIM PIN when I took it out.

I'm on German T-Mobile, running software .90. Really odd. I got no side loaded android apps, just a few ones from BB World. It wouldn't annoy me as much if it would not mean that nobody can call me between reboot and me noticing and unlocking the SIM.
    03-16-13 03:49 PM
    I have never had this issue
    03-16-13 03:50 PM
    Whenever this has happened it was while I was on the road. So maybe it's an issue that's related to network coverage or something. Just guessing here.
    03-16-13 03:51 PM
    I had some random reboots on my Z10 after I encrypted my SD Card.
    I saw it reboot one day an it flashed a warning screen about my SD card disconnecting.
    After decrypting my SD card I have had no reboot issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:55 PM
    Had my Z10 for over seven weeks now. Never had it reboot on its own at all, even before the OS update. Sounds possibly more like a hardware fault than anything else.

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Z10
    03-16-13 03:56 PM
    I have my device encrypted, not the SD card though.
    03-16-13 04:00 PM
    I did experience a few random reboots
    Not enough to be a concern so far
    I am sure it's a software issue, then again I am still on OS 10.0.9 something, dying to get that new update

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 04:13 PM
    I had a reboot today. Phone sitting in front of me and it just restarted. No errors or warnings.
    03-17-13 01:03 AM
    mine rebooted 4 times yesterday. Always happens when it's in or on the holster. Over at blackberrybase.de the reboot-thread is now 10 pages long and in the survey, a third of the users are complaining about random reboots.

I don't know what to do - I have the strong feeling that the repair shop won't be able to reproduce the problem and I'll be getting an unrepaired device back after a 3-4 weeks wait.
    03-23-13 01:18 AM
    On a side note, would want to know how long does a z10 completely reboot? Is it as long as the Playbook and/or the 9900?
    03-23-13 05:19 AM
    Try backing up, wiping the OS and restoring all your data.

Maybe also try without an sd card.
    Or a different sd card.

Wipe and restore solved it for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:25 AM
    I have had the z10 for three weeks here on T Mobile USA and I did have some random restarts when I first started using the device and after I inserted a new SD card

I thought the SD might have been the problem and pulled it out and had a restart a day later after I hung up after a phone call. I put the SD card back in, wiped the device and reloaded my data and it's been fine ever since.

The restarts haven't bothered me and I have expected this being its a new OS. I am currently on 10.0.0.85 and I am looking forward to the next major update which should have fixes for this issue.

Last but not least, I hope the software engineers at Blackberry are reading these post.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:32 AM
    On a side note, would want to know how long does a z10 completely reboot? Is it as long as the Playbook and/or the 9900?
    I don't even know - I never see it reboot. I only notice it did when I'm prompted to enter the SIM PIN again :-(

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:31 AM
    Try backing up, wiping the OS and restoring all your data.

Maybe also try without an sd card.
    Or a different sd card.

Wipe and restore solved it for me.

Posted via CB10
    I did that this morning, let's hope it helps

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:32 AM
    I had two reboots in last week, both times caused by browser crash. On one side its nice that system is able to detect failure and reboot itself, on other side don't like browser taking down whole system.
    So therefore my suspicion in described causes would be one of the running apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:45 AM
    I had some random reboots on my Z10 after I encrypted my SD Card.
    I saw it reboot one day an it flashed a warning screen about my SD card disconnecting.
    After decrypting my SD card I have had no reboot issues.

Posted via CB10
    +1. Also, after encrypting the media card i had a couple random reboots while transferring music via USB onto my Z10 media card. I thought my media card had issues but once I turned off encryption the problem stopped.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-23-13 08:19 AM
    Well, I'm on my second Z10. I used the same SD card (unencrypted in both cases), had the same apps and the same FW issued by the same provider. The first one never crashed or rebooted, the second one does all the time. I'm starting to think this is a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:26 AM
    I had this happen before. But that was with the original OS on the phone.

Since the latest release of the OS (10.0.10.85), I have not had one random reboot at all.

waiting to see how 10.1 will be

I've had my Z10 for almost a month now and I'm more than happy with it.

There is one thing though, and it has become more regular over the past week. The Z10 reboots, without warning, at least (over the past few days) once a day.

It goes through it's reboot process and the first I know about it is the ready ring (the ring sound it sets off once it's rebooted).

I don't have the most recent OS version (10.0.10.**) because Orange France refuse to release it for some reason, but I'm guessing this is a software problem and not some strange setting I've not noticed which tells the phone to reset once a day.

Any ideas about anything I can do, or do I just live with it until the software update and hope it goes away then?

Thanks for any help and advice

Si.
    03-23-13 09:34 AM
    Mine takes about a min or so to fully reboot, much faster than the playbook and alot faster than my old 9900.
    03-23-13 09:41 AM
    I have had at least three reboots since I bought it 4 days ago. I just updated to the latest update that the AT&T phone picked up today.
    03-26-13 06:04 PM
    How do you wipe the os?
    03-28-13 06:14 PM
    Just got mine today and it has been freezing

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:59 PM
    Isn't QNX supposed to just restart the offending app, like whdn the browser crashes, and not reboot the entire system?
    03-28-13 07:04 PM
    I had this happen before. But that was with the original OS on the phone.

Since the latest release of the OS (10.0.10.85), I have not had one random reboot at all.

waiting to see how 10.1 will be
    I've been having trouble with mine rebooting since I got it and the OS update didn't fix it.
    04-12-13 01:31 AM
39 12