I personally love my Blackberry Z10, and i would definitely love to see some improvements and bugs resolved. I'm really glad for the recent update by RIM, which a made huge difference on the battery life !!!

Well back to the main concern,
    I've faced a lot of bugs in the OS, but one main thing I can remember is the following

1)While editing a document, when i switch to my BBM chat, I notice what i type isn't coming in the chat box, but when i switch back to the document I was editing, what I've typed in the BBM chat has been typed into the document I was editing, instead of being typed into the BBM chat.

2) Some BBM contact's nicknames are full of boxes, I think this is because symbols and special characters aren't supported?

3) Some Display Picture types that are supported on other blackberry devices don't seem to support on the Z10

Improvements that can be implemented as soon as possible are the following
    1) More options to be provided in slide down bar in the home screen. For example, To switch between 3G to 2G, cause i find my self going to the settings over and over to change 2G to 3G when i require a faster transfer speed and back to 2G when i want to conserve my battery for a longer period.

2) Landscape mode for BBM & BBM pictures received works only when we access the contact from the HUB, but if were to open the BBM app directly, we wont be able to view the BBM chat in landscape mode neither the pictures we receive.

3) Most important one is the support to run background apps like the BBM compatibly , where we don't require to keep certain apps running but we can enable push to notify of new messages ( im+ messenger definitely needs it ), also for the apps which allows us to change the notification color for certain contacts when they sms or call, these app once its closed it doesn't seem to work anymore unless we reopen them.

4) Navigation App definitely needs a update in the near future, More functionality is required since the app is limited to certain capabilities only.

5) More options for the BBM settings, for example the option to enable/disable vibration for pings and for the messages separate vibration settings.

6) In contacts sections we should have a separate tab for phone contacts sms/phone as well instead of all combine, and if you are not connected to the net i think the contacts disappear, if you restart and have no data connection
    Looking forward for the next update !
    Best Regards
    Chulan
    Last edited by chulan91; 03-16-13 at 02:26 PM.
    toutounjiomar likes this.
    03-16-13 12:26 PM
    Yeah and also fix the black rectangles in some arabic nicknames on the bbm

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:35 PM
    Yeah and also fix the black rectangles in some arabic nicknames on the bbm

Posted via CB10
    Oh, Yes Definitely that too, It doesn't support some Symbols as well.
    03-16-13 12:45 PM
    And let us broadcast to all my category not to select every single contact!!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 01:31 PM
    I personally love my Blackberry Z10, and i would definitely love to see some improvements and bugs resolved. I'm really glad for the recent update by RIM, which a made huge difference on the battery life !!!

Well back to the main concern,
    I've faced a lot of bugs in the OS, but one main thing I can remember is the following

1)While editing a document, when i switch to my BBM chat, I notice what i type isn't coming in the chat box, but when i switch back to the document I was editing, what I've typed in the BBM chat has been typed into the document I was editing, instead of being typed into the BBM chat.

2) Some BBM contact's nicknames are full of boxes, I think this is because symbols and special characters aren't supported?

3) Some Display Picture types that are supported on other blackberry devices don't seem to support on the Z10

Improvements that can be implemented as soon as possible are the following
    1) More options to be provided in slide down bar in the home screen. For example, To switch between 3G to 2G, cause i find my self going to the settings over and over to change 2G to 3G when i require a faster transfer speed and back to 2G when i want to conserve my battery for a longer period.

2) Landscape mode for BBM & BBM pictures received works only when we access the contact from the HUB, but if were to open the BBM app directly, we wont be able to view the BBM chat in landscape mode neither the pictures we receive.

3) Most important one is the support to run background apps like the BBM compatibly , where we don't require to keep certain apps running but we can enable push to notify of new messages ( im+ messenger definitely needs it ), also for the apps which allows us to change the notification color for certain contacts when they sms or call, these app once its closed it doesn't seem to work anymore unless we reopen them.

4) Navigation App definitely needs a update in the near future, More functionality is required since the app is limited to certain capabilities only.

5) More options for the BBM settings, for example the option to enable/disable vibration for pings and for the messages separate vibration settings.

Looking forward for the next update !
    Best Regards
    Chulan
    Issue 1 also happens with the phone app, if you lookup a contact, it appears in the document you are working on. Very annoying

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 01:46 PM
    And let us broadcast to all my category not to select every single contact!!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Definitely !!! we need that !
    03-16-13 02:27 PM
    Issue 1 also happens with the phone app, if you lookup a contact, it appears in the document you are working on. Very annoying

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't aware of that one, I wish we could send all bugs info collected from everyone to RIM, so with the next update we won't have these bugs !
    03-16-13 02:27 PM
    Landscape is my biggest pet peeve about the inconsistencies with the ui. Also the flow between screens swiping up and swiping right in and out of the hub needs cleaning up. It gets confusing. Lastly there are hidden options that should be forefront like texting an missed call. If you hold the number, the black bar on the right should support the option to text and not have to go into call details

Posted via CB10
    iamaragingtornado likes this.
    03-16-13 02:36 PM
    Landscape is my biggest pet peeve about the inconsistencies with the ui. Also the flow between screens swiping up and swiping right in and out of the hub needs cleaning up. It gets confusing. Lastly there are hidden options that should be forefront like texting an missed call. If you hold the number, the black bar on the right should support the option to text and not have to go into call details
    My thoughts exactly.

Also add to that a better way to move the cursor. When the circle appears my thumb is usually covering the whole word so it's hard to move by just one or 2 characters. And if I hesitate at all the side menu appears and i'm back to square one. Something like what ios does in this area would be great (yes it kills me to say that).

Otherwise loving the phone!
    03-17-13 06:01 AM
    One more to add: in the browser when I tap a link that opens in a new tab, it ways opens twice, almost like I tapped it twice really quickly (I didn't of course). Anyone else have that problem or just me?
    03-17-13 06:42 AM
    I agree, the circle is problematic to get in the right place... i don't think I've ever gotten the curse properly where I want it. To bring up the black bar on the right again, they need to get rid of the pictures and just have words, what is this a kids toy lol

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:42 AM
    Nice input. We all hope Blackberry team working to update this soon.
    03-17-13 06:53 AM
    The circle thing can be a little annoying, but once it's initiated you don't have to keep your thumb within the text box. I think it would be cool if they implemented some sort of digital track pad that appears in those instances. That might be overkill, but being able to move the cursor like that would be welcome

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    03-17-13 06:30 PM
    I agree with you all, these issues need to be fixed ASAP. In addition, I've been facing this couple of times, I accidentally press on a last dial number or a contact and this initiates a call , but when I try to cancel the call it takes a bit of time for the call app to load properly and once or twice I was able to cancel the call only after the first ring has gone through .

Finally, Keep all the bugs known posted , we should try and send the BB team a message with the bugs we are facing and improvements that can be implemented. One more thing is that , I think they can not implement things similar to other OS like iOS for the iphone, cause that means they will be breaking a copyright law and can be fined by the court if Apple files a complain against them, So all ideas should be creative and new & not copied . Thats what i heard,But I'm not really sure though.

Thanks You
    Chulan
    03-19-13 06:28 AM
    I would love to see a "Delete Completed" option for the remember app. Also, more specific due dates would be great (ex due at 10:30 March 26)

One small annoyance, in the music app, there's a small (one or two pixel) gap above the "Current Letter" bar, and below the artist/album/genres sort bar. I can see the album art coming through from behind. Minor detail, but it drives me nuts! That's probably the only display glitch I've noticed in the whole Os, but it would be awesome if it was fixed!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:36 AM